Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Jan 24 2013
By: acursedone Hekseville Citizen 280 posts
Offline

Some changes I would like to see

23 replies 263 views Edited Jan 24, 2013

          Character specific:

 

Kratos: Slow him down, some of his abilities are too hard to punish. Especially as a character who doesn't have a counter ability or isn't suppose to be used in melee combat. Two skills I would slow down are: square x 3, and up square (ground). (he can basically spam it until he actually achieves a hit with it)

 

Radec: Allow more abilities (specifically the short ranged ones) to hit characters who are slightly lower then him due to an inclined slope, or Sly while in a barrel.

 

Ratchet: Change down triangle (ground), side triangle (air) and side circle to be more useful. Down triangle while used in mid air is an effective disruption tool, while used on the ground it generates almost no AP, and leaves ratchet incredibly vulnerable due to the large delay after using this skill. Side triangle while used on the ground is an effective tool for keeping melee characters who are approaching Ratchet away and can usually hit people who are attempting to dodge roll toward you with the second and/or third shot. When used in the air, it generates 5 AP per shot and can't get the third shot most of the time, which would generate 30 AP. Side circle creates 3 creatures which travel in the direction that they are thrown, it generates low AP, can be destroyed, are fairly slow, don't travel far, and are generally lack luster in utility.

 

This isn't because I really want a buff to my main character or anything like that, but it would be nice if ratchet had a few additional options. These aren't buffs to skills that are used a lot, but rather making some abilities viable that currently shouldn't be used at all. You could replace his forward triangle (air) with a different type of blaster fire and his down triangle (ground) with a different weapon from Ratchet's arsenal if needed, cough cough.

 

Sir Daniel: Improve supers. Lvl 1 is hard for Daniels to pull of a lot of the times, especially since they don't have a way to combo into it. (You can tech out of his combo for it) The first thing I would suggest is to make it hit air dodging foes, but maybe that isn't the right move. The lvl 2 is incredibly easy to dodge. I would increase the projectile count on the screen and make them take slightly different paths to make it harder to avoid. His lvl 3 is on par with screen cleaners imo, if superbot doesn't have a problem with that I guess it is ok with how it is now. Maybe a slight buff for his lvl 3.

 

Fat Princess: Her lvl 3 is god awful. Please rework it so it has elements of control for fat princess, she doesn't have to move or anything but allowing the player to spawn minions to kill or assist her lvl 3 in getting kills would be awesome. Also the duration should be increased.

 

Good Cole: I would like to see his lvl 3 having an additional element of control or two as controlling his lvl 3 is just boring IMO.

 

Big Daddy: I think his lvl 2 should have a different moveset for his square abilities as his current square abilities are basically the same as each other in his lvl 2 form.

 

           General:

 

Increase max AP to 750: For characters who's supers cost less then 750, this would allow them to stockpile a bit of extra AP while waiting for the perfect time to use their super. Most notably, screen clearing characters like Parappa and spike.

 

           Other:

 

The ability to spawn each item in practice mode.

The ability to decide how many points are awarded for kills and deaths.

 

 

There are some characters that I think deserve buffs/nerfs but I don't know what they would be, I would likely know more if I actually played those characters. If this thread gets attention, I'll update this post with changes people suggest for me to include that I think make sense.

Message 1 of 24 (263 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 12/23/2011
Offline
726 posts
 

Re: Some changes I would like to see

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2013

acursedone wrote:

          Character specific:

 

Kratos: Slow him down, some of his abilities are too hard to punish. Especially as a character who doesn't have a counter ability or isn't suppose to be used in melee combat. Two skills I would slow down are: square x 3, and up square (ground). (he can basically spam it until he actually achieves a hit with it)

 

 


Thisssss . .. This so much . . .

__________________________________________________________

1/6/2013 - Defeated the #1 player in the World in a Ranked Match.

Currently maining: Parappa

Future mains: Zeus, Issac
Message 2 of 24 (255 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 01/02/2013
Offline
251 posts
 

Re: Some changes I would like to see

Jan 24, 2013
In terms of radec, I think that a characters hit box size is a pro or con of the character and if you want radrc to be able to move his sniper and make in like ratchets that's gonna have to come with a side of ap gain nerf if you don't want raging communities

Sorry for bad spelling and punctuation, this is from a touchcreen keyboard.
Message 3 of 24 (251 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
Registered: 06/10/2011
Offline
44 posts
 

Re: Some changes I would like to see

Jan 24, 2013

JayJXZ wrote:

acursedone wrote:

          Character specific:

 

Kratos: Slow him down, some of his abilities are too hard to punish. Especially as a character who doesn't have a counter ability or isn't suppose to be used in melee combat. Two skills I would slow down are: square x 3, and up square (ground). (he can basically spam it until he actually achieves a hit with it)

 

 


Thisssss . .. This so much . . .

 

I don't agree with up square.  It actually has low range and it's one of the slowest moves in his arsenal.


 

Gamestop nationwide Brawl Regional and District Champion with Kirby.
5/9/2013 Won 100% legitimate online FFA match without pressing square or triangle with Kratos.
5/10/2013 Won 100% legitimate online FFA match without pressing square or triangle with Kratos.
2/2/2013 Winner PSASBR FFA Chaos Tournament
6/9/13 Survived Parappa's Level 2 assault chasing me down in Ranked
6/9/13 No belt to (FFA) Black belt in one evening
Message 4 of 24 (235 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 12/11/2012
Offline
280 posts
 

Re: Some changes I would like to see

Jan 24, 2013

ugliey wrote:
In terms of radec, I think that a characters hit box size is a pro or con of the character and if you want radrc to be able to move his sniper and make in like ratchets that's gonna have to come with a side of ap gain nerf if you don't want raging communities

Sorry for bad spelling and punctuation, this is from a touchcreen keyboard.

What? I'm not talking about character hitboxs on flat ground. I'm talking about how only a few of radec's moves can remove slys barrel and are actually able to hit characters who are on lower ground then him on a slope, it is a blind spot he (IMO) shouldn't have. Not even talking remotely about the sniper rifle.

 

I don't understand what you are saying about ratchet, but I don't see why a buff to a skill that isn't being used at all really would mean he would have to get a nerf else where. The sniper rifle is an effective tool, but if it needs a nerf it would only be a slight one, say 2-3 AP reduction. Maybe I'm just biased there, but it isn't THAT effective.

Message 5 of 24 (232 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 12/11/2012
Offline
280 posts
 

Re: Some changes I would like to see

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2013

aDarkSavior wrote:

I don't agree with up square.  It actually has low range and it's one of the slowest moves in his arsenal.


Care to explain why? It can be a pretty decent combo starter for some good combos. It's range is lower than most of Kratos's skills, but can still hit multiple people fairly easily and the delay between a failed up square and the next one is about the amount of time between the first part of his triple square combo and the last part. It is a fairly short time. I believe a person who dodge rolls to avoid the first one would be picked up by the second (if in range for it, Kratos might have to turn around) if he attempted to spam it. Could be wrong, I might have to have an additional player to test it.

 

Message 6 of 24 (225 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 12/30/2012
Offline
121 posts
 

Re: Some changes I would like to see

Jan 24, 2013

Ratchet is already very strong and has a solution to almost everything. Every character has one or two moves that don't have too much use, but his side circle looks like a good set up too for his melee attacks. I personally have a hard time fighting his as he is now. XD

" Everybody following their heart; that's a loser's strategy"
-Seth Killian
Message 7 of 24 (224 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 11/09/2012
Offline
503 posts
 

Re: Some changes I would like to see

Jan 24, 2013
Already rebitching about Kratos? LMFAO XD
Message 8 of 24 (208 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 12/19/2012
Offline
579 posts
 

Re: Some changes I would like to see

Jan 24, 2013
I disagree about big daddys. His square moveset is useless in his level 2, changing it to something less would be pointless and changing to to something more would make it over powered
PSN: SlyZoneCooper
Mains: Big Daddy, Sweet Tooth
Learning: Ratchet, Sir Daniel
Message 9 of 24 (203 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 12/11/2012
Offline
280 posts
 

Re: Some changes I would like to see

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2013

KLMN76 wrote:

Ratchet is already very strong and has a solution to almost everything. Every character has one or two moves that don't have too much use, but his side circle looks like a good set up too for his melee attacks. I personally have a hard time fighting his as he is now. XD


 

Ratchet has 4 melee attacks and far better abilities to use then his over circle. You pretty much have to let them hit you, and not even try to touch ratchet who has to be fairly close by to be able to use any of his 4 melee abilities on you. His melee abilities being square x 3, uncharged triangle, up square and down square.

 


TylerJL23 wrote:
Already rebitching about Kratos? LMFAO XD

 

Rebitching? I don't think I have ever complained about Kratos on the forums and certainly haven't started a thread on it before this one.

 


KiDMachTwo wrote:
I disagree about big daddys. His square moveset is useless in his level 2, changing it to something less would be pointless and changing to to something more would make it over powered

 I dont understand, you believe his squares are worthless but you also believe changing the kit up would make it overpowered?

Message 10 of 24 (197 Views)
Reply
0 Likes