First Son
23 posts

Re: Some balancing ideas

Dec 20, 2012

CalDW19940 wrote:
Sly's teleport does not give him instant invicibility like a roll and the invincibility frames are nowhere near as long so Sly can seriously get destroyed by undodgeable setups on wake up. As soon as Sly is knocked down he can become a serious victim of even characters that don't have particularly good tech chase game, Fat Princess and Sweet Tooth have a ridiculous advantage at controlling his wake up the moment he gets knocked down.

If he times it right, he won't really need it seeing as how everybody's specials happen so fast.

Message 11 of 20 (132 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Dec 20, 2012

Strife93 wrote:

Fumbles-GET_OWND wrote:

Strife93 wrote:

OHHH, that's his Mic Grab. Smiley Tongue
That Mic Grab to Level 1 combo is very dodgeable, whether it be through crouching, rolling, or just walking away. Seriously.
(I find that the shorter characters often have a better chance getting out.)

Oh yeah, the grab itself, is avoidable. I'm saying that they have adapted to his level one with that technique. If you get caught in it, it's a wrap for you.

I'm saying it's not. That's false. I know because I've been using PaRappa as my main for several weeks, but that doesn't say much... so let me get my capture card and Sony Vegas and... 
"BACK IN 5"

Haha Sony Vegas. I love that program. If you can dodge roll out of it, that may be different. I never thought to do that, I always tried to jump out of it. So I'll see what happens next time.

Message 12 of 20 (129 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Dec 20, 2012
@GET_OWND No a tech chase is when a character attacks during the wake up animation of their opponent meaning the oppinent is already waking up on their first frame at which they can move within an attack hitbox and the only ways to stop it is to block or dodge because they appear instantly but Sly's teleport doesn't so he is much more vulnerable to good tech chasing.
Message 13 of 20 (126 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Dec 20, 2012

CalDW19940 wrote:
@GET_OWND No a tech chase is when a character attacks during the wake up animation of their opponent meaning the oppinent is already waking up on their first frame at which they can move within an attack hitbox and the only ways to stop it is to block or dodge because they appear instantly but Sly's teleport doesn't so he is much more vulnerable to good tech chasing.

I can see that. But, those people better be really good at predicting where he will roll.

Message 14 of 20 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Dec 20, 2012

Okay, don't tell too many people... BUT YOU CAN JUST WALK AWAY FROM IT!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 15 of 20 (115 Views)
First Son
23 posts

Dec 20, 2012

Oh ok, I definitely take back what I said. I guess it's because my main avoidance is jump that I always die from that lol. I won't tell anybody Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 20 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Dec 20, 2012

Fumbles-GET_OWND wrote:

Oh ok, I definitely take back what I said. I guess it's because my main avoidance is jump that I always die from that lol. I won't tell anybody Smiley Wink

Wha-....wait, you just told EVERYBODY!
l.hj,k 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 17 of 20 (89 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Dec 20, 2012
Well it wasn't my video lol. If you want to take it down, I won't be upset. And I'll delete my post.
Message 18 of 20 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Dec 20, 2012

Wha? No, it was a joke, we're here to learn. And my video's unlisted, anyway. You can only see it with a link.

WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 19 of 20 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
23 posts

Dec 20, 2012
Yeah so was I. And I figured as much about the video, but I wasn't entirely sure.
Message 20 of 20 (74 Views)
0 Likes