Bombarded on Twitter is an understatement, but yes, we know you want the full list of patch notes to whet your appetite for the impending release of this massive balance update.
First, we are not going to post the full list until the patch is out, because otherwise, the "Clash of Clans" on this forum will start too early, and completely unbalance the good vibes that are building. Just about any game that does post launch support does not post the full list prior for this very reason, and having been a Community Manager for 8 years, I am not going to break this sacred rule of thumb.
But your patience has been incredible and I hope you find that it has paid off.
Here are most of the General Changes to whet your appetite. Please do not expect a full list or anything extensive until the patch comes out. We are very, very, very close.
Some General Changes in the upcoming Balance Update:
- Every character’s throw attempts have been standardized to 9 startup frames, 3 active frames, and 18 recovery frames, with the exception of Isaac, Kat, and Ratchet.
- The minimum effective range of throws has been increased to 1 meter (previously 0.75m) for all characters except Parappa, Sackboy, and Toro.
- In online matches, jumping out of an opponent’s throw attempt is now resolved through the throw clash system.
- Every character’s air dodge has been standardized to 27 invincible frames followed by 9 vulnerable frames (previously 29 invincible plus 7 vulnerable).
- Every character’s directional rolls have been standardized to 18 invincible frames followed by 16 vulnerable frames, with the exception of Fat Princess, Spike, and Zeus.
- Characters can no longer perform actions for 3 frames after landing from air idle.
- Characters can no longer double jump during down tech.
- Landing during down tech or down tech canceled into air dodge now triggers the same recovery as landing during an attack.
- Getting hit in the air no longer renews a character’s double jump ability.
- All timed transformation Level 2 Supers can now be ended manually by pressing L2.
- The AP eject formula has been refined to drain a higher percentage of AP orbs at low levels and a lower percentage of AP orbs at high levels:
(Previously, AP eject amounts were calculated using fixed percentages: 3/5/10% for items and 10/12.5/15% for throws.)
- Throws have been grouped into two general categories:
--- Throws that cause eject or flatten reactions eject Heavy amounts of AP orbs.
--- Throws which act as combo starters eject Light amounts of AP orbs (33% of Heavy).
-- Jak’s Up Throw and Sweet Tooth’s Up Throw eject Medium amounts of AP orbs (67% of Heavy).
- Throws, items, level hazards, and other AP eject attacks now produce 50% more orbs during 2X AP Overtime, 100% more orbs during 3X AP Overtime, and 150% more orbs during 4X AP Overtime. AP multipliers no longer increase the value of individual orbs.
- Explosion radii of all mines have been standardized to 0.375 meters, explosion durations have been standardized to 8 frames, and maximum lifetimes have been standardized to 5 seconds.
- Double-tapping L2 now causes characters to eject 50 AP as orbs while taunting.
- All character-specific combo tutorials have been revised in light of the following changes.