Feb 03 2013
By: sonic1017 Monster Hunter 33 posts

So you say this game failed?

7 replies 356 views Edited Feb 3, 2013

How do you know? Do you have the sales figures? Do you know how big the budget was? What was their break even? No. You don't know if it failed, flopped or anything that so just **bleep**. I've heard that it sold 500k units by the middle-end of January, so if my math is correct then they still made a good bit of money (average of $40-$50, taking into consideration the early price drop) . From where I'm standing, the game did not look like it had a big budget to begin with considering the size of the development team, the amount of characters and the little amount of content. If anything this game has done quite well.

So...yeah, **bleep**.

Message 1 of 8 (356 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
90 posts

Re: So you say this game failed?

Feb 3, 2013
What he said!! It's sad that more people are not getting this game.
Message 2 of 8 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
212 posts

Feb 3, 2013
Um you do know that TONESTER didn't actually write that but he just posted the article from the IGN link right?
Message 3 of 8 (337 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1079 posts

Feb 3, 2013

i would say that this game sold about adverage.. Sad as it may be, but there wasnt really anything groundbreaking about this game regarding the sales. Unlike smash bros. however.... Smiley Surprised

all stars photo psasbr2_zpsc1059804.png

My raiden over all your mains.
#PSASBR2
Message 4 of 8 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3239 posts

Feb 3, 2013

RKOBlink22 wrote:
Um you do know that TONESTER didn't actually write that but he just posted the article from the IGN link right?

^this Tonester always posts up articles.

MAY THE SQUARE DRIVE YOUR BLADES KRATOS!
Currently playing: FF14, MGSV, Witcher 3.
Message 5 of 8 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2457 posts

Feb 3, 2013
I'd say it could've been better and it SHOULD'VE been better. I understand it "takes two to tango" in in reference to third party characters, but that's a really crappy excuse for lack of characters/content. The fighting system is this game really IS not that complex, its not Marvel vs Capcom 3. If they had a problem getting third party characters how about make some more from the games already included? Being a sly cooper fan, I'd love to see Bentley or Murray be included as characters. I mean you DO play as them in their game. Or have chop chop master onion or one of the bad guys from uncharted, or have Daxter and clank be their own characters. Im really gonna be disappointed if these rumors about Zeus are true.. that's not a videogame character.. that's a **bleep** Greek god.
Message 6 of 8 (152 Views)
Survivor
2365 posts

Feb 3, 2013
I think if you find the strategy in this game not to be complex, you have not seen proper 1v1 or 2v2 yet.

To plug my league like I always do... Smiley Tongue

But seriously, some of the fights I have seen rival certain fighting games. SuperBot made one heck of a game, just try to watch some really high level play and you'd see there is a lot more to this game then we have found thus far, you should hear about some of the tech we discover EVERY day at the leagues! The meta game is VERY interesting, and DLC just ads to it.
Message 7 of 8 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2457 posts

Feb 3, 2013
The 1 v 1 in this game is extremely broken I meant the fighting system is what I said is not complex. The only thing that's never been done before was that the only way to get kills is with supers, but the supers weren't even that creative compared to other games with supers and final smashes.
Message 8 of 8 (123 Views)