Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 19 2013
By: Digidevil4 I Only Post Everything 955 posts

So yesterday this happened...

[ Edited ]
67 replies 1307 views Edited Feb 19, 2013

I entered a match with a raiden and a ratchet, it was them vs me (kat) and sweet tooth on the LBP stage.

So the ratchet goes to the bottum corner and stands their and the raiden starts abusing us through his mic. He proceeds to question my skill and chats **bleep** whenever he gets me or the sweet tooth into a combo.

"No sweet tooth, go away I want to beat up kat"

"kat takes so much skill to play, you must be proud" (this was a quick match, I was attempting to learn her)

"Only Gays and Sailors play Kat"

"Only Gays and Sailors are called Digidevil"

"No Kat, leave me alone so I can fight sweet tooth"

Me and my mate werent doing to badly at this point despite the rachet staying in the corner and the raiden prevent us getting any ap by running away all the time untill he got his combos. We stayed in because the guy was being pretty funny (or so I thought).

I tryed to attack the ratchet and all he did was throw, nothing else, he stood in the Ap draining pit and chained throwed me against a wall. So i started holding L1 and he would wait and throw me again, If i was lucky enough to escape it he would dodge and wait, then throw me again. So it turned out that each time I got up there was a 50% chance of me escaping, basically if he threw to early or to late.

At this point the raiden and sweet tooth are fighting and this guy proceeds to talk more **bleep**, calling us cheap and for some reasons sailors. He then gets the sweet tooth with a bunch of cheap Square Forward confirms and chats more rubbish about how cheap sweet tooth is.

At this point I attempt to fight him and he starts doing nothing but throwing me over and over. So I decided to Grind loop him to teach him a lesson, I got a cheap grind loop kill and he chats more rubbish.

"Was that a grind loop?"

"Looping is for gays and sailors"

"You know what, you just stay in the pit now, I dont want to fight you"

So at this point the ratchet leaves the pit and starts chain grabbing me towards the pit, it isnt long till all 3 of us are in the pit and they have me in an infinite grab loop that I continuously escape and get pulled back into by the raiden.

This is about the point where it stopped being funny, he just started saying "haha" whenever I got pulled back into the ratchets gun.

So then I move to the opposite side of the map and stand their, I tell him through the mic to fight me alone. He claims not to here me and continues to try and throw me (I know he could here me, i reguarly have conversations with other players). Then I get him in a bunch of air combos and suddenly the ratchet leaves the corner again and the looped throwing continues. At this point they have me up against the right side wall spamming throws on me again and I am getting frustrated.

He is saying haha over and over while the silent ratchet keeps spamming throw.

Then I went and got a beer and watched my mate play system shock on his computer, they continued to think I was there for about 7-10 minutes. Im not kidding, I went back and checked a few times and they were still throwing me, still saying haha everytime i got sucked in and still no fighting.

End of story

So what can I take from this:

1. He sounded awefully like the guy from michinima, but thats unlikely.

2. Some decent players decided to ruin quickmatches for no reasons.

3. These are the kind of people for which there is a special place reserved in hell.

Anyone else encounted these 2 asshats online yesterday night?

Check out my [Moveset Creation Guide] ,my [PSASBR Wishlist]
...and my Movesets!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 68 (1,307 Views)
Sackboy
489 posts

Re: So yesterday this happened...

Feb 19, 2013
You can dodge grabs by jumping.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 68 (1,288 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
955 posts

Feb 19, 2013

nch2112 wrote:

Well thanx for that pointless insight. You clearly havent played many ratchets before...

also you cant jump out of whiteout....

...and my Movesets!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 68 (1,283 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Feb 19, 2013

Digidevil4 wrote:

nch2112 wrote:

Well thanx for that pointless insight. You clearly havent played many ratchets before...

also you cant jump out of whiteout....

Try grab teching. It's hard, but it works. It's worth attempting if you're in a grab loop, because the Ratchet's just gonna keep going. He won't be expecting it, so take advantage of it when it happens.

------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 68 (1,275 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
216 posts

Feb 19, 2013
You can doge Ratchet's grab by jumping. I main Ratchet. I would know LOL
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 68 (1,266 Views)
I Only Post Everything
955 posts

Feb 19, 2013

I was able to escape it every so often.

But the point I am making was about the players themselves no the throwing.

They were intentionally trolling quickmatches by chain throwing and chatting **bleep**. Even when I did get hits it was only be so long untill they got a throw on me again. They didnt try and win, all they were doing was trying to aggrevate me and my partner, to the extent where winning against them became impossible.

...and my Movesets!

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 68 (1,257 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
955 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 19, 2013

Xaltis wrote:
You can doge Ratchet's grab by jumping. I main Ratchet. I would know LOL

Thats true, but once again ill point out that U cant jump out of white out....

Also Kat is an aerial character and it appears that almost all her aerial moves are susptible to ratchets throw gun. Grinding gets you sucked in as does Down triangle (the 2 moves most effective for approaching).

But anyway I know you can avoid it, i was able to on and off. I was hoping someone might comment on the event itself.

It was both funny and aggrevating for me, pretty unique thing to happen in PSASBR (and lets keep it that way)

...and my Movesets!

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 68 (1,253 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Feb 19, 2013
I didnt run into those particular people yesterday but I have had a similar situation. Some people are just retarded and get off on putting others down lol. Only difference was that I managed to win my match :smileytongue: shut them right up.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 68 (1,240 Views)
I Only Post Everything
955 posts

Feb 19, 2013

boboMELOSHE wrote:
I didnt run into those particular people yesterday but I have had a similar situation. Some people are just retarded and get off on putting others down lol. Only difference was that I managed to win my match :smileytongue: shut them right up.

Ye a while ago me and the same partner were playing 2 spikes who were clearly about 15 and chatting similar **bleep** to these guys. The difference ofcourse being that they actually fought us, all they did however was spam throws and attempt kill confirms.

They knocked me out after I had taken a life each and my mate playing raiden was left. In the end he took both of their 2 lives, was hilarious listening to their changing voice tones as they began to lose. :smileytongue:

...and my Movesets!

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 68 (1,228 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2485 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 19, 2013

And that Raiden somehow found that fun? :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.