Highlighted
Dec 04 2012
By: Moonlight150 Sackboy 497 posts

So which rumor are you standing behind?

21 replies 484 views Edited Dec 4, 2012

With the announcement of Kat and Emmett, hype has once again come back to these forums. And thankfully Superbot and Seth Killian have been nice enough to drop us some comments bringing even more speculation and hype of what is to come.

So with that in mind, I want to gather all the current speculation, and then take a vote and see how many of you frequent forum commentors and currently supporting and you believe is what is going to happen

The current rumors that I have gathered are

a) Kat and Emmett are rivals and will be the only DLC coming anytime within the next couple months (mostly assumed around Jan 31st to go along with the release in Japan, along now with the recently revealed stage "Fearless" (a cross between Heavenly Sword and Wipeout)

b) Kat and Emmett will be a part of a "four-pack" meaning two more characters will be part of the DLC, Kat and Emmett were only revealed to give us a sample and as a distraction to save the bigger surprise characters for later for the actual reveal with trailers.

(This rumor began due to a comment left by one of the PS Blog writers saying something along the lines of "but are they rivals...we'll see".

c) Trailers and possible release date for Kat and Emmett [and possibly the other two of the "four-pack"] will be mentioned at the VGAs to bring back hype just in time for Christmas and make the announcement of only a month to go before the release of free DLC characters and stages.

For me personally, I believe A and C. Of coarse I want to believe B, because I want more characters no matter who they are. But I do believe there will be something mentioned at the VGAs because it's too much of a good marketing ploy not to mention something during one of the bigger televised gaming events right before Christmas. A great time to mention "only one month away for brand new and free DLC".

The pessismist in me doesn't believe that they are secretly working on 4 characters at one time, and only talking about 2 to give us a bigger surprise for later (but if they did, I would love them even more than I do for actually pulling something big like that lol). But it does seem odd to me that a whole company is working on 2 characters and a stage. Although I'm sure a part is constantly working on patch ideas and analyzing online, and I have no idea what goes into making characters and stages, so maybe it does take almost their entire development team lol.

But that's all I have got to say on what's recent. What are your thoughts and opinions? And are there any rumors/interesting points floating around this board that I might have missed?

photo Deadpool_zpsa17e78d8.gif
Message 1 of 22 (484 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Re: So which rumor are you standing behind?

Dec 4, 2012

I'm thinking more that we'll still get the pack with Kat, Emmit, and the Fearless stage but I'm thinking they might announce another pack the month before they come out, or at the very least a few weeks before their release.

Message 2 of 22 (459 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
387 posts

Dec 4, 2012
Thatoneguy stole my comment! Haha
But, yea, that.
When in doubt, freak 'em out.
Message 3 of 22 (440 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
283 posts

Dec 4, 2012

as much as I'd like there to be two secrect ones I doubt we'll get two more 

from what I hear this game hasn't gotten the sales it deserves and they wouldn't include two secret charaters because they want more people to buy it.

from a marketing standpoint it doen't make sense, some people would buy this game for the inclusion of one charter alone

we can always dream though, I'd like to see an extra stage like a  fat princess gallomere stage with workers fighting zombies

apologise for seplling errors I'm super drunk right now

Message 4 of 22 (401 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
227 posts

Dec 4, 2012

I think Kat and Emmett are rivals..

SIR DANIEL AND SPIKE FOR TOP TIER!!!!!
Message 5 of 22 (363 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Dec 4, 2012
A) for sure, no way they are developing 4 characters right now!

Message 6 of 22 (334 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2457 posts

Dec 4, 2012
I'm hoping they're working on more than just Kat and Emmett atm. Because as soon as the dlc hits that's all anybody is going to be in online matches for atleast a week :/
Message 7 of 22 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Dec 4, 2012
Yeah I doubt a VGA announcement too now that this new content has just been shown, and the comments on the development process being long.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 8 of 22 (324 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

Dec 4, 2012

colombotron19 wrote:
from what I hear this game hasn't gotten the sales it deserves and they wouldn't include two secret charaters because they want more people to buy it.

What nonesense have you been listening to?

Sony says the sales are satisfying and doing good. Don't believe the guys only talking about the UK charts, because it doesn't matter if ONE country does bad with sales, that's not the point. Japan has even gotten the game yet and the sales are good. It'll only increase in sales, once that market opens up.

Message 9 of 22 (302 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1147 posts

Dec 4, 2012

I consider standing behind rumours to be the height of willful ignorance. I only deal in facts.

Message 10 of 22 (282 Views)
0 Likes