Sackboy
460 posts

Re: So wait, no story for Crash/Cloud/Kat...?

[ Edited ]
Sep 12, 2012

They don't want to reveal the amount of characters... Yet they have already said it's 22+...

Your assumptions really don't hold up. Neither does the comment that we have "main" characters from the games... Since a lot of the cast isn't the main character in their respective series. Especially Big Daddy.

Also I made this topic like a week ago... Pretty sure you used the exact same wording too.

Message 21 of 39 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2905 posts

Re: So wait, no story for Crash/Cloud/Kat...?

[ Edited ]
Sep 12, 2012

I like how Cloud, Crash and Kat are already confirmed.

Message 22 of 39 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2671 posts

Re: So wait is Crash/Cloud/Kat...?

Sep 12, 2012

Seems kind of redundant to have an incomplete story mode. What's the point of extending development time if you can't actually polish it off?

New site for PSABR -> http://pastadium.forumotion.com/forum
--------

"Exit the stage. Your act is over." - Vergil

"Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on! Now die!" - Albedo
Message 23 of 39 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
460 posts

Sep 12, 2012
Why would it be redundant? Fighting games have been having hidden characters with out having a story mode since like creation.
Message 24 of 39 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2671 posts

Sep 13, 2012

HeathenAmerico wrote:
Why would it be redundant? Fighting games have been having hidden characters with out having a story mode since like creation.

It's redundant since they extend the production time to work on the game more. If the 20 characters as of now are the "main" ones then I'm not impressed. Although I figure there's a few more reveals. Am I to believe that from now on the characters we see are the secret one? I just don't like all of the rumors floating around. One moment it's no unlockable characters, the next is there's a limit to which characters have a story. I don't care if other games in the past did this, PSABR should be breaking the boundaries, not settling in all nice and cozy.

New site for PSABR -> http://pastadium.forumotion.com/forum
--------

"Exit the stage. Your act is over." - Vergil

"Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on! Now die!" - Albedo
Message 25 of 39 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
367 posts

Sep 13, 2012

Has it ever occured to you that the hidden characters are bosses?

Snake, Cloud, Spyro, Crash are the biggest part of Playstation history. That kinda makes sense.

Message 26 of 39 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Sep 13, 2012

DisturbedSavio wrote:

Has it ever occured to you that the hidden characters are bosses?

Snake, Cloud, Spyro, Crash are the biggest part of Playstation history. That kinda makes sense.

could be, but they already said theres one big "bad" guy, and you would know the boss if you really like "Playstation"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos is always appreciated

All Stars Theme
Message 27 of 39 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
460 posts

Sep 14, 2012

Chaosdreams wrote:

HeathenAmerico wrote:

It's redundant since they extend the production time to work on the game more. If the 20 characters as of now are the "main" ones then I'm not impressed. Although I figure there's a few more reveals. Am I to believe that from now on the characters we see are the secret one? I just don't like all of the rumors floating around. One moment it's no unlockable characters, the next is there's a limit to which characters have a story. I don't care if other games in the past did this, PSABR should be breaking the boundaries, not settling in all nice and cozy.

That is the stupidest thing I keep hearing. "They extended production time to work on the game more, why aren't they in the story mode then?" Ever think they extended the production to work on the GAMEPLAY. Maybe they don't want certain characters to have a playable story mode? Maybe they are secret characters, rivals, bosses, who knows. Point is you can write something off cause you have no proof either way. And breaking boundaries? By having unlockables they would be breaking boundaries since almost no games now a days has unlockables. MVC3 revealed its entire rooster right from the start (as has about every fighting game) and they were all available from the start.

Message 28 of 39 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Sep 14, 2012
20 main characters = the 20 that you play as, so far.
when the next character comes, they'll say "21 main characters"
ハマり度MAX!!
Message 29 of 39 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Sep 14, 2012

Assuming those characters are in.

Message 30 of 39 (51 Views)
0 Likes