Reply
Survivor
Registered: 06/10/2012
Offline
2388 posts
 

Re: So um, Selvaria Bles?

Jul 27, 2012
SlashZaku wrote:

boboMELOSHE wrote:
Those videos (especially the second one) blew me away! she def deserves to be in this game and I def need to go out and get VC. Friggin AWESOME!

If you're one of *THOSE* people, just pointing out it doesn't have Trophies.  It's an amazing game but for whatever reason, hearing that the game doesn't support Trophies is an instant interest-killer to some people Smiley Indifferent


Haha I do love trophies but if a game doesnt have em Ill still play it if its good, I loved Heavenly Sword and Folklore and those are trophy free.

Message 31 of 37 (188 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
Registered: 06/15/2006
Online
42171 posts
 

Re: So um, Selvaria Bles?

Jul 27, 2012

Chaosdreams wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

Chaosdreams wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

boboMELOSHE wrote:
Those videos (especially the second one) blew me away! she def deserves to be in this game and I def need to go out and get VC. Friggin AWESOME!

If you're one of *THOSE* people, just pointing out it doesn't have Trophies.  It's an amazing game but for whatever reason, hearing that the game doesn't support Trophies is an instant interest-killer to some people Smiley Indifferent


I almost finished the game. But got sidetracked lol Trophies would be nice to have on it since it's a game I do love.


Before my PS3 decided it wanted to kick the can, I had played through the game 3 times, working on a 4th and on A ranking all the EX Hard missions:

 

- A Rank on All Missions, inlcluding DLC at the time (Behind Her Blue Flame & Edy's Detachment; was working on the EX Hard)

- All Characters Unlocked (think I had pretty much filled out all entries in the book as well)

- All Hidden Potentials Unlocked

- All but 1 Medal obtained (was working on finding all the Ace Soldiers for their weapons)

 

Really, when my PS3 died, losing the VC save was what hurt me the most I think.


When my ps3 died, it was only the blueray reader. So I was able to transfer all of my save data onto my new ps3. Otherwise I would've been seriously depressed. Then again a fresh start right? And I remember the amount of characters in that game being one of the things that got me addicted. I made a crew simply based on who I thought looked cool lol I was naive in my first playthrough (and only one.)


Mine YLOD'd (60GB).  I still have it and whenever I do get a new one, I'll attempt to fix the 60GB myself in the vain attempt that I can get it to work for a bit and salvage the saves on there.

 

I have a VC save on one of my flash drives but I don't know how far along it is.  I think it may be a game clear (maybe 2 in?) but that's just a guess.  What's funny is like the week before the PS3 died, I was playing and eying the system wondering if I should get some saves off it cause I was reading about other 60GBs kicking the bucket too.  Should have acted on that but didn't Smiley Sad

 

I've given everyone a go and I think it's one of those rare instances where I may have genuinely enjoyed bringing along everyone at some point.  Usually there is that character or a few of them in games where I just can't stand them but VC was well-rounded in that department where I felt everyone was enjoyable to have in combat.  Maybe it's because everyone was different and it was nice just seeing them interact with their friends and such.  VC2 changed that though.  Freaking *LOATHE* Avan.  Annoying, happy-go-lucky laughing jack clown that one is.  Horrible character for a lead.  I think I muted character voices (will have to check as I've been meaning to continue with the unlocks in the game) just because of his laugh alone.


Message 32 of 37 (182 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
Registered: 06/15/2006
Online
42171 posts
 

Re: So um, Selvaria Bles?

Jul 27, 2012

boboMELOSHE wrote:
Haha I do love trophies but if a game doesnt have em Ill still play it if its good, I loved Heavenly Sword and Folklore and those are trophy free.

Good to hear.  I know some people that are so hooked on Trophies that as soon as you mention a game doesn't have them cause it's from the earlier days (and aren't obligated to have them patched in), they lose any interest in playing the game *AT ALL* and I just sit there wondering what's wrong with humanity Smiley Indifferent

 

MGS4 suffered the same thing with people constantly asking about "When are Trophies coming?" and not wanting to play it till they happened and here we are 4 years later and they're coming.  It's just really sad to me that that aspect, which isn't vital to the game at all, keeps people from playing some great games.


Message 33 of 37 (180 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 09/02/2008
Offline
488 posts
 

Re: So um, Selvaria Bles?

[ Edited ]
Jul 27, 2012

I don't get those people, the other day on gaf this guy was asking if VC is good and everyone says yes. then someone says there aren't trophies and he's like oh nevermind then lol. what happened to playing games for fun.

http://pastadium.forumotion.com/forum

Photobucket
Message 34 of 37 (173 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 07/06/2012
Offline
2494 posts
 

Re: So um, Selvaria Bles?

Jul 27, 2012
^ THIS
"A man's venom poisons himself more than his victims."
By the way, just call me Count for short.
Message 35 of 37 (169 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 06/10/2012
Offline
2388 posts
 

Re: So um, Selvaria Bles?

Jul 27, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

boboMELOSHE wrote:
Haha I do love trophies but if a game doesnt have em Ill still play it if its good, I loved Heavenly Sword and Folklore and those are trophy free.

Good to hear.  I know some people that are so hooked on Trophies that as soon as you mention a game doesn't have them cause it's from the earlier days (and aren't obligated to have them patched in), they lose any interest in playing the game *AT ALL* and I just sit there wondering what's wrong with humanity Smiley Indifferent

 

MGS4 suffered the same thing with people constantly asking about "When are Trophies coming?" and not wanting to play it till they happened and here we are 4 years later and they're coming.  It's just really sad to me that that aspect, which isn't vital to the game at all, keeps people from playing some great games.


Completely agree, trophies are just a icing on the cake, they shouldnt not be the be all end all to a videogame, people are missing out on some of the best games out their because of stupid reasoning like this. I know a couple of people in this category haha, but what u gonna do, to each their own i guess.

Message 36 of 37 (167 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shinra Executive
Registered: 06/15/2006
Online
42171 posts
 

Re: So um, Selvaria Bles?

Jul 27, 2012

Jechtsphere wrote:

I don't get those people, the other day on gaf this guy was asking if VC is good and everyone says yes. then someone says there aren't trophies and he's like oh nevermind then lol. what happened to playing games for fun.


I saw that thread:

 

"o wow no trophy support Smiley Sad well thanks anyway"

 

They railed him for that comment too.


Message 37 of 37 (161 Views)
Reply
0 Likes