Highlighted
Sep 28 2012
By: Losing_Charlie I Only Post Everything 930 posts

So the roster is only 20 characters, so what?

8 replies 212 views Edited Sep 28, 2012

People are freaking out about this and I kind of think that's silly. About 2 years ago we didn't even think a game like this was POSSIBLE and now that its here you guys are asking for quite a lot. Sure, I want more. But what we have is 100 percent FINE. We have new and classic playstation characters and tons of modes. Superbot Never said more than 20, you should of seen this coming...

So what, no Crash? I get it. It sucks. But once again, this was not under SBs controll. The said they will do DLC Characters, just calm down. The way some of you are acting is...kind of rude. 

Photobucket
Message 1 of 9 (212 Views)
Wastelander
596 posts

Re: So the roster is only 20 characters, so what?

Sep 28, 2012

I 100% support this post. We should really be greatful that we are getting this game and the fact that it is actually quite a fantastic game as is. As you said, tons of game mode and there already are tons of great characters that we know and love.

This really changes nothing, and I'm still going to buy and enjoy the game.

Message 2 of 9 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1368 posts

Sep 28, 2012
Depends on how the dlc is handled. I'm not going to support a game that left out my favorite franchise characters if it's set up that I'm the paying $3.99 for each additional character they left out in the first place.
The fact that Cole has two iterations while other games were left out completely ticks me off too. To me 20 characters isn't worth $60 considering that other more involved fighting games come with 35+ for the same price and their franchises don't have nearly the source material that the PS brand does.
They're limping out of the gate on their first race here.
 photo EZRASIG_zpsf85694e2.jpg
Message 3 of 9 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
756 posts

Sep 29, 2012

I've saod this a million times and everytime it goes ignored because it's true and no one could fight bac against it. Oh well I'll just say it again in all caps this time Smiley Happy

NO ONE WOULD CARE IF THE ROSTER IS 20 IF IT WAS A GOOD ROSTER OF 20. IF SNAKE, CLOUD, WANDER, CRASH, SPYRO, OR KAT WAS IN THE ROSTER NO ONE WOULD GIVE A FLYING (bleep) ABOUT THE ROSTER SIZE. SO MY POINT IS NO ONE CARES ABOUT THE 20 NUMBER, IT'S THE SAID CHARACTERS IN THAT 20 THAT IS THE PROBLEM. I CAN NOT SAY THIS ENOUGH! 

Sorry for the all caps but seriously that's why everyones (bleep) and I understand 100%. Their are some good characters in the roster but their are 6 bad characters in that roster of 20. That's not good for me personally -_-. Anyways the game looks awesome but the roster choices is lacking big time.

Message 4 of 9 (152 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
832 posts

Sep 29, 2012

Assuming this turns out to be correct and the final roster count is indeed 20, asking for more is not a lot at all. I bet if this game had 15 characters (removing the third parties + Radec) some of you would be saying it's fine. No, it's not. I like the premise of the game and have been waiting for something like this for more than a decade. That doesn't mean I'm going to be looking at the game with rose colored glasses. 20 is a middling number and I'm being generous here. Character selection has also been questionable.

I won't blame people who cancel their pre-order or who won't buy the game at launch because of it. I'll still buy it, albeit disappointed about the roster size and character selection.

Message 5 of 9 (143 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1197 posts

Sep 29, 2012
we are the buyer we have ever right to be mad. i for one am not going to be happy with the least they can offer I wont this game to be good and the way it is right now it is not.
Photobucket
Message 6 of 9 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

Sep 29, 2012

I've been waiting for this game for well over a decade and so i think I'm allowed to feel gutted when the final product has not one character I'm interested in. The number 20 doesn't bother me. But there was theoretically nothing at all stopping them from adding a resistance rep for example. Yet they chose to have 2 versions of Cole. It just seems like the roster consits of a lot of bad choices and it could have been so much more than it is even if they stuck with 20.

Message 7 of 9 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Sep 29, 2012

Liam_C1991 wrote:

I've been waiting for this game for well over a decade and so i think I'm allowed to feel gutted when the final product has not one character I'm interested in. The number 20 doesn't bother me. But there was theoretically nothing at all stopping them from adding a resistance rep for example. Yet they chose to have 2 versions of Cole. It just seems like the roster consits of a lot of bad choices and it could have been so much more than it is even if they stuck with 20.

How do you know that there was "theoretically nothing at all stopping them"? None of us know what hoops they had to jump through to get the characters that are in. You guys just assume that getting characters is as easy as just asking nicely...

Message 8 of 9 (89 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
832 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 29, 2012

BrianMX34 wrote:

Liam_C1991 wrote:

How do you know that there was "theoretically nothing at all stopping them"? None of us know what hoops they had to jump through to get the characters that are in. You guys just assume that getting characters is as easy as just asking nicely...

Because Resistance is a first party IP. When it comes to first party IPs, there is literally almost nothing stopping Superbot from saying "I want it, I got it". Also, the fact that it's already represented in a stage and as an item help that cause. Instead, we get 2 Cole MacGrath. What the **bleep**.

Message 9 of 9 (74 Views)
0 Likes