Just waiting for Lightning's reveal.
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 19 (360 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Re: So no reveals?

Sep 19, 2012
They never said there would be reveals at tgs, they just said they would be there

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 19 (321 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Sep 19, 2012
dunno whyv everyone got excited, tgs hasnt even started yet lol
ハマり度MAX!!
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 19 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Sep 19, 2012
Well gamescom they announced the characters before

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 19 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
329 posts

Sep 19, 2012
I was right then? TGS is on the 20th, like all of the sources have said (ign, kh13.com, etc.)? :smileytongue:

I only wrote two as those were the only ones I had seen for TGS so far.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 19 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1266 posts

Sep 19, 2012

I did hear that SuperBot did say they will do reveals during any gaming convention. TGS technically didn't even start yet and won't start till tomorrow. That was just a Sony pre-show.

photo Vigor_murder_of_crows_zps5759709e.gif
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 19 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1708 posts

Sep 19, 2012
Ok so no new reveals so far? I'm glad I didn't stay up
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 19 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Sep 19, 2012

wobbleSPLAT wrote:

I think you mean PAX. The gamescom reveal was the "event of the year" trailer wasn't it? I'm almost positive that they didn't show that trailer until the Sony presentation.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 19 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1528 posts

Sep 19, 2012

barker09 wrote:

wobbleSPLAT wrote:

I think you mean PAX. The gamescom reveal was the "event of the year" trailer wasn't it? I'm almost positive that they didn't show that trailer until the Sony presentation.

Even PAX wasn't entirely revealed ahead of time. Evil Cole was announced for the GameStop Expo, and while Nariko and Sir Dan were leaked by Gamespot making their video public ahead of time, the actual official announcement still happened when PAX started.

The confusion comes from Raiden, but I'm under the impression his announcement wasn't due to a leak and in fact wasn't meant for PAX. Konami were holding a Metal Gear anniversary event the day after GameStop Expo, the same event that announced Ground Zeroes. Kojima was hyping up the event on Twitter earlier in the day, and Raiden being announced for All-Stars while all that was going on couldn't possibly have been a coincidence. Therefore, I've come to the conclusion that Raiden was announced for the MGS anniversary event (also explains why Evil Cole was revealed alone too, since Raiden was planned to be revealed on his own with the anniversary)

In other words, all of those reveals coincided with an event and were not revealed ahead of time. It's just that because people were so fixated on PAX that they missed that it was actually quite a busy week for gaming events, and Superbot were spreading their announcements around.

So yeah, any reveals for TGS are likely to be during TGS itself, and not at any pre-shows. For anyone upset that there were no reveals, just remember TGS is on til Sunday. If we get to Monday with no reveals, then you can rant, but for now, let's chill out and see what happens!

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Raiden
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 19 (104 Views)
0 Likes