Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 29 2012
By: SON_OF_KRATOS666 Uncharted Territory 1704 posts

So, it would seem the Meta-Game has set in..

55 replies 516 views Edited Nov 29, 2012

Kratos, Raiden, Sackboy, Nariko, Sly A few Dantes, but still not enough.

Online is no longer fun, period. Everyone has found the easily abused characters and continue to use them, its just frustrating and boring. Better luck next time Superbot, but the cast isnt balanced enough to make online fun.

I have funw hen playing with friends, (When it actually WORKS, connecting to people is too big of a hassle) but other than that its just annoying. The ranking system is severely lacking,Best thing TO do is jsut wuit when your losing. why not? Thats how you rank up it would seem, since 1 win gives me about 2 ranks, but a loss to a spammer nets me -10.

What realy saddens me is, i had such high hoeps for this. all the peopel is pent convincing its going to be great, and on par with Smash, but its just.. empty to me. Kratos, my namesake, is completely OP, Big Daddy, my favorite, it feels like im being punished if i play as him. I wouldnt mind a sequal, but please lsiten to the fan feedback for this first one, SB. 20 (22) characters is indeed enough, but why even use 16 of the other characters when they are purely lower tier? Maybe 1 v 1 matching would make this better. i sure like it more..

I will say that Playing BD has reinspired me to play B1 and 2 again. I love Bioshock, and im glad BD is in here, but maybe make his hitbox smaller liek the other characters? yes hes BIG, but its not fair to get hit buy attacks that higher tier, shorter characters can duck under. Your thoughts?

Message 1 of 56 (516 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
327 posts

Re: So, it would seem the Meta-Game has set in..

Nov 29, 2012
I play just to have fun ^^ If you want, we can 1v1 sometime.
Message 2 of 56 (506 Views)
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Nov 29, 2012

yeah i've stopped playing in the tournaments.  i just wasn't having that good a time.  I have the most fun when i get a group of 4 or 5 over my house and we cycle players.  it's an absolute blast!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 56 (487 Views)
I Only Post Everything
854 posts

Nov 29, 2012

It has barely been over a week. Good metas take ages to form and we are no where near close to seing something solid. We're currently in the feel out stage still, imo. Where people are finding out combos and confirms and abusing the characters that don't have high learning curves. You're jumping way farther than we've actually gone, with time things will shape out better. 100% guarantee it.

Message 4 of 56 (485 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Nov 29, 2012
I can comment on the connection problems which is really annoying because we can't yell at the game and stuff.
Message 5 of 56 (479 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 29, 2012

Hey, let's give up on the online in a week guys!

I've continued having fun throughout the time I've played online, because I'm not going to get fannyflustered because people play a few characters online after a week. I've seen pretty much every character quite a bit, regardless. Yeah, I still see more Raidens than anybody else, but I could also go to a new shooter and see people using the SCAR more than anything else in the first week. That doesn't mean I'm gonna give up all hope and call the online bad.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 6 of 56 (475 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2405 posts

Nov 29, 2012
I emailed Superbot complaining about how I felt cheated out of my money, and they actually responded to me. It was really surprising. o:
Message 7 of 56 (471 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Nov 29, 2012

GnomeWizard wrote:
I emailed Superbot complaining about how I felt cheated out of my money, and they actually responded to me. It was really surprising. o:

what'd they say?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 8 of 56 (458 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2405 posts

Nov 29, 2012
I'll quote a portion of it, " We learned a great deal from our betas and I can confidently say that we addressed all of the issues we saw successfully. However, releasing a game to the public is a whole new ballgame in its demands on online play with many more players than any of the betas we conducted so we face issues that we were not able to predict until it went live. This is not uncommon in the early days of a game's release. It may be on its face that an online issue you see seems like the same from the betas, but the underlying causes are different."

This was referring to my email which said its complete garbage they have the same glitches that were in both the betas.
Message 9 of 56 (444 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Nov 29, 2012

GnomeWizard wrote:
I'll quote a portion of it, " We learned a great deal from our betas and I can confidently say that we addressed all of the issues we saw successfully. However, releasing a game to the public is a whole new ballgame in its demands on online play with many more players than any of the betas we conducted so we face issues that we were not able to predict until it went live. This is not uncommon in the early days of a game's release. It may be on its face that an online issue you see seems like the same from the betas, but the underlying causes are different."

This was referring to my email which said its complete garbage they have the same glitches that were in both the betas.

If you were talking about the game's balance to them, and they said they addressed all the issues in a reply about the same topic, then they're probably not talking about the glitches.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 10 of 56 (433 Views)
0 Likes