Uncharted Territory
1332 posts

Re: So how is smash superior when its unbalanced? ohh yeaaa......

Sep 8, 2012

Chaosdreams wrote:

Q_Nasty_V6 wrote:

even cooler story bro

*Sigh* so you really have nothing mm? Alright.

im not gonna fight a battle that i automatically lose

Message 171 of 174 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 8, 2012

kupomogli wrote:

That's how you can tell Nintendo fanboys are the worst.  They don't own the consoles but sign up for accounts on Microsoft and Sony forums to say how their consoles are so much better.  Seriously?

Nintendo games used to be good.  There are platformers out there that are better than Super Mario Bros 3 and Yoshi's Island, but not too many.  These are two of the best platformers of all time.  With platformers being one of my favorite genres, I don't care who develops them as long as the games developed are good.  I can't stand NIS developed RPGs because I don't think any of them are any good, but Prinny 1 and 2 are the easily some of the best platformers I've ever played.

Nintendo fans being Nintendo fans think all their games are the best regardless of quality.  You might find a Nintendo fan that plays another system just as frequently as their Nintendo and actually has common sense and forms their own opinions rather than being sheep in a flock, but most aren't like that.

The last three Mario games I've played aside from Mario Kart 7, was New Super Mario Bros, New Super Mario Bros Wii, and Super Mario 3D Land.  Quite possibly the most overrated platformers I've ever played.  They're not the worst, far from it, but like someone mentioned plenty of times in this thread, they don't deserve the 8/10 or 9/10 Mario games usually get.  They really deserve a 6/10.  I've played many platformers this gen that have received lower ratings that have been better.  Rocket Knight, Prinny, and Prinny 2, all got extremely low scores in comparison to the near perfect scores that the Mario games get, and it's due to the fact that they're not Mario.  LBP2 is far better than the newest Mario games, but I'm also going to say those other platformers are better than LBP2 as well.

Nintendo fanboys will buy a bag of sh** if it had Mario on the front of it.  Sonic fans would too, and have if you ask me.

-- 

As for the Super Smash Bros series?  The series is amazing and it's continued to be one of Nintendo's better series, however, it's quite obvious that Playstation All Stars does things better.

Like was mentioned prior.  There are way too many duplicate characters on Smash Bros.  Luigi was enough on the original Smash Bros, but now they have Ganon, Falco, Young Link, and others.  Even when the characters are different, most characters in general play too similar to other characters.  On Playstation All Stars,  you could argue that Evil Cole is a duplicate character(since he looks the same,) but when his moveset is entirely different from Cole, then he's not really is he?

There's the extremely unbalanced characters, and if you're playing with Smash Balls it goes even more out there with certain characters.  Yet on Playstation All Stars, each character has varying balancing on the three supers and how much AP the characters gain when you use them.  It all seems pretty balanced, although Raiden from the videos looks a bit overpowered in my opinion.

I'm also sure you've played with people screwing around on Smash Bros while other people are actually fighting.  Whether it's a three person game or four person game.  Then hops on over once your health is high.  Sure you can go over there and attack them, but why should you have to pay attention to two characters all the way across the map that happen to stop fighting while you and someone else still are?  With Playstation All Stars, that's a non issue, because if the person isn't attacking someone, the person isn't going to be gaining any AP, plain and simple.

What I think Nintendo fans should do is treat this as a new IP.  Unlike Playstation fans, you probably don't know most of the characters, so treating it like a new IP you might get enjoyment out of it.  I mean.  Ike and Marth are my two favorite characters in Brawl, but before playing Brawl I never played a game with either character(mainly because Marth wasn't in a game released to the US yet while Ike was, and I own it, just never played it.)

this...this was beautiful

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 172 of 174 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1424 posts

Sep 8, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

kupomogli wrote:

That's how you can tell Nintendo fanboys are the worst.  They don't own the consoles but sign up for accounts on Microsoft and Sony forums to say how their consoles are so much better.  Seriously?

Nintendo games used to be good.  There are platformers out there that are better than Super Mario Bros 3 and Yoshi's Island, but not too many.  These are two of the best platformers of all time.  With platformers being one of my favorite genres, I don't care who develops them as long as the games developed are good.  I can't stand NIS developed RPGs because I don't think any of them are any good, but Prinny 1 and 2 are the easily some of the best platformers I've ever played.

Nintendo fans being Nintendo fans think all their games are the best regardless of quality.  You might find a Nintendo fan that plays another system just as frequently as their Nintendo and actually has common sense and forms their own opinions rather than being sheep in a flock, but most aren't like that.

The last three Mario games I've played aside from Mario Kart 7, was New Super Mario Bros, New Super Mario Bros Wii, and Super Mario 3D Land.  Quite possibly the most overrated platformers I've ever played.  They're not the worst, far from it, but like someone mentioned plenty of times in this thread, they don't deserve the 8/10 or 9/10 Mario games usually get.  They really deserve a 6/10.  I've played many platformers this gen that have received lower ratings that have been better.  Rocket Knight, Prinny, and Prinny 2, all got extremely low scores in comparison to the near perfect scores that the Mario games get, and it's due to the fact that they're not Mario.  LBP2 is far better than the newest Mario games, but I'm also going to say those other platformers are better than LBP2 as well.

Nintendo fanboys will buy a bag of sh** if it had Mario on the front of it.  Sonic fans would too, and have if you ask me.

-- 

As for the Super Smash Bros series?  The series is amazing and it's continued to be one of Nintendo's better series, however, it's quite obvious that Playstation All Stars does things better.

Like was mentioned prior.  There are way too many duplicate characters on Smash Bros.  Luigi was enough on the original Smash Bros, but now they have Ganon, Falco, Young Link, and others.  Even when the characters are different, most characters in general play too similar to other characters.  On Playstation All Stars,  you could argue that Evil Cole is a duplicate character(since he looks the same,) but when his moveset is entirely different from Cole, then he's not really is he?

There's the extremely unbalanced characters, and if you're playing with Smash Balls it goes even more out there with certain characters.  Yet on Playstation All Stars, each character has varying balancing on the three supers and how much AP the characters gain when you use them.  It all seems pretty balanced, although Raiden from the videos looks a bit overpowered in my opinion.

I'm also sure you've played with people screwing around on Smash Bros while other people are actually fighting.  Whether it's a three person game or four person game.  Then hops on over once your health is high.  Sure you can go over there and attack them, but why should you have to pay attention to two characters all the way across the map that happen to stop fighting while you and someone else still are?  With Playstation All Stars, that's a non issue, because if the person isn't attacking someone, the person isn't going to be gaining any AP, plain and simple.

What I think Nintendo fans should do is treat this as a new IP.  Unlike Playstation fans, you probably don't know most of the characters, so treating it like a new IP you might get enjoyment out of it.  I mean.  Ike and Marth are my two favorite characters in Brawl, but before playing Brawl I never played a game with either character(mainly because Marth wasn't in a game released to the US yet while Ike was, and I own it, just never played it.)

this...this was beautiful

the_rock_clap_clap_gif.gif

photo IsaacSig_zps95a635ae.png
Message 173 of 174 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1976 posts

Sep 8, 2012
Lets vote this man president!!!
Message 174 of 174 (56 Views)
0 Likes