Fender Bender
2671 posts

Re: So, how about them females?

Jun 20, 2012

this_is_Marko wrote:

Dormin000 wrote:

You shouldnt need to force it

If there no good Playstation women then you shouldnt force any in, and the game would be better for it

i do agree with this.  more than likely there will only be one character per franchise, and i don't think one character should be chosen over another just because there needs to be more girls.  Some people are suggesting lightning from final fantasy be put in over cloud purely because shes a girl.  i would really dislike that choice because, compared to cloud, she hasn't had any major impact on the history of playstation.  FF7 (staring cloud) was the killer app for the ps1.  Brawl only had 3 girls and i thought Princess Peach was incredibly forced so they could throw another female character in there

You are correct when saying that a female should not be forced. I agree. In many cases the female leads are secondary to the main protagonist (male.) Such as Yorda from Ico (though I think that would be awesome to have, Ico could be used in her supers.) We still have Wander!

Back to the point, I think if we do have 2-3 females then they need to be the best of the best. Lightning would imo make me beyond mad. She's not exclusive, ff13 in my opinion is dreadfull. The story was lackluster, it did nothing for me. Any other ff franchise (preferably a Sony exlusive, so most of them) is game in my books.

Cloud > Lightning

heck

Tifa > Lightning

Off the top of my head, Laura Croft, Nariko and Yorda come to mind as potential and highly likely female additions to the roster. And that's just from games I know. The best part of this is that with so many games to choose from, there is bound to be a surprise or two for us.

New site for PSABR -> http://pastadium.forumotion.com/forum
--------

"Exit the stage. Your act is over." - Vergil

"Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on! Now die!" - Albedo
Message 31 of 400 (910 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7973 posts

Jun 21, 2012

Like many have mentioned already, the big ones that stick out for me are Nariko and Lara Croft. Some others that may be interesting would be Elena from Uncharted and UmJammer Lammy. That's also assuming that go the Smash Bros. route of having multiple characters from a game/series included.

Currently Playing: Star Wars Battlefront, Heroes of the Storm
Twitch|Twitter|YouTube|Instagram
Message 32 of 400 (910 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Jun 21, 2012

Nariko and maybe Lammy I could see, not a fan of the other 2. would rather see Ellen or Kat from Gravity Rush

Message 33 of 400 (910 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
930 posts

Jun 21, 2012

boboMELOSHE wrote:

I would rather have Ico thn yorda lol. We can just pretend there all girls

Maybe they were making Yorda for a super for Ico?

Photobucket
Message 34 of 400 (910 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2671 posts

Jun 21, 2012

Losing_Charlie wrote:

boboMELOSHE wrote:

I would rather have Ico thn yorda lol. We can just pretend there all girls

Maybe they were making Yorda for a super for Ico?

She's either a super, character or in the background. She's in it in some shape or form though. I'm hoping she's a playable character with Ico as her super. We have Wander from Shadow of the Colossus afterall, don't need him and Ico And that's if either of them even get in the game lol

New site for PSABR -> http://pastadium.forumotion.com/forum
--------

"Exit the stage. Your act is over." - Vergil

"Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on! Now die!" - Albedo
Message 35 of 400 (910 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Jun 21, 2012

Would be interesting if you had to hold her hand while fighting off all of the other characters, Since you lose if she dies in the original game maybe they will make it so that if you hit her with a super you die (As Ico) as well. That would kinda suck actually lol

Message 36 of 400 (910 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1243 posts

Jun 21, 2012

Sounds like Ice climber bros only lamer. lol

Photobucket
Message 37 of 400 (910 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Jun 21, 2012

I hope they manage to get the people of Mass Effect to work on the females, if you know what I mean.

I hope somebody knows what I'm saying.

Message 38 of 400 (910 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Jun 21, 2012

ThatDamnNarwhal wrote:

I hope they manage to get the people of Mass Effect to work on the females, if you know what I mean.

I hope somebody knows what I'm saying.

Photobucket I have a terrible addiction to the forums.

iseewhatyoudidthere.jpg

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 39 of 400 (910 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1044 posts

Jun 21, 2012

WRONG!

A African-American adult male has taken illegally possession of my 2-wheeled mode of transportation thus has acquired my property under false pretenses
Message 40 of 400 (910 Views)
0 Likes