Treasure Hunter
7050 posts

Re: So far for Jak Costumes-

Nov 15, 2012

joblade wrote:

Yeah the Jak X costume looks really good, but I still prefer this one mostly due to nostalgia sake I have only played the first jak back then and never got around to playing the other games.

BTW I just bought the jak collection yesterday and I'm going to be playing the second one, is it like the first one difficulty wise or is it harder. Anything I should know before I play it (since you know a lot about the jak series I'm asking this).

You bought the HD Collection, NICE! Fantastic! 

Alright heres what you should do IMO this is your best bet. Play the game in order for nostalgia reasons Smiley Happy, Storyline reasons, and game difficulty reasons. Your going to need that experience from Jak TPL for Jak II.

Jak II is the hardest of the whole series. Jak II is going to make you rage quit at times. You have it bad because your new to the game. Its not like your coming back to this game from previously. Jak II I can tell you right now your going to want to hop on to Jak 3 after you experience how hard Jak II is.

heres my tips. Jak II takes patience, effort, stragety, time and skills. You will die a lot. You will scream. You might kill somebody lol. Jak II also has the most detailed story but its also the hardest to grasp/understand. Most people have to play the game 2 or 3 times to understand the plot. After you get through Jak II then Jak 3 willl have some had parts but nowhere near as bad as Jak II. So be advised AND understand that Jak 3 you must not play until you beat Jak II for story purposes and etc.

Jak 3 is the ultimate game of the trilogy because it finishes what Jak TPL started along with taking everything Jak II had and making it better in every field possible. Jak 3 gameplay is much smoother. Jak 3 also took elements from the first game making it the ultimate game of the series.

Only bad thing about newcomers to the HD Collections instead of the originals is that youll come across more glitches in the HD collection then the originals. Seriously the glitches in the collection are bad. Its mostly the audio. Every HD Collection is like this though.

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 21 of 40 (150 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1336 posts

Nov 15, 2012

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

joblade wrote:

Yeah the Jak X costume looks really good, but I still prefer this one mostly due to nostalgia sake I have only played the first jak back then and never got around to playing the other games.

BTW I just bought the jak collection yesterday and I'm going to be playing the second one, is it like the first one difficulty wise or is it harder. Anything I should know before I play it (since you know a lot about the jak series I'm asking this).

Alright heres what you should do IMO this is your best bet. Play the game in order for nostalgia reasons Smiley Happy, Storyline reasons, and game difficulty reasons. Your going to need that experience from Jak TPL for Jak II.

Jak II is the hardest of the whole series. Jak II is going to make you rage quit at times. You have it bad because your new to the game. Its not like your coming back to this game from previously. Jak II I can tell you right now your going to want to hop on to Jak 3 after you experience how hard Jak II is.

heres my tips. Jak II takes patience, effort, stragety, time and skills. You will die a lot. You will scream. You might kill somebody lol. Jak II also has the most detailed story but its also the hardest to grasp/understand. Most people have to play the game 2 or 3 times to understand the plot. After you get through Jak II then Jak 3 willl have some had parts but nowhere near as bad as Jak II. So be advised AND understand that Jak 3 you must not play until you beat Jak II for story purposes and etc.

Jak 3 is the ultimate game of the trilogy because it finishes what Jak TPL started along with taking everything Jak II had and making it better in every field possible. Jak 3 gameplay is much smoother. Jak 3 also took elements from the first game making it the ultimate game of the series.

Only bad thing about newcomers to the HD Collections instead of the originals is that youll come across more glitches in the HD collection then the originals. Seriously the glitches in the collection are bad. Its mostly the audio. Every HD Collection is like this though.

Alright thanks for the info, I was thinking of playing the first jak again first which I will now to better understand the story like you said.

i never knew jak 2 would be that hard but I'm still going to beat it first before I get to jak 3.

also didn't know the collection had glitches.

Thanks for helping me out. I will definately pay much attention to the story to fully understand it.

last question though is Jak X: Combat Racing canon or very important to the story?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photobucket
Message 22 of 40 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7050 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

joblade wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

joblade wrote:

Alright thanks for the info, I was thinking of playing the first jak again first which I will now to better understand the story like you said.

i never knew jak 2 would be that hard but I'm still going to beat it first before I get to jak 3.

Thanks for helping me out. I will definately pay much attention to the story to fully understand it.

last question though is Jak X: Combat Racing canon or very important to the story?

OMG! Dont get me started on how amazing Jak X is. OMG. A Spinoff that referrences all its prequels is absolutely amazing in itself. Jak X is my second favorite. Jak X took elements from all the other 3 games before it. **bleep** EPIC SPINOFF! Its completely canon. It is highely related to the prequels. The storyline is even about one of Jak II enemies. I will leave out spoilers Smiley Happy

Ive been encouraging ND to make Jak X HD for months now!

Jak X has its own story but it references the other games like its a story related sequel. Jak X is simply badass. ND wouldnt have gone with his Jak X costme if that game wast good lol Smiley Happy

Only time will tell.
Message 23 of 40 (134 Views)
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

Nov 15, 2012

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

IceColdKilla44 wrote:

I was pleasantly surprised to see the Jak X costume in the game Smiley Very Happy Kudos to SuperBot for including that one!

What about my kudos? :'(

Dont beg for kudos...

Please Respond
Message 24 of 40 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1336 posts

Nov 15, 2012

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

joblade wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

joblade wrote:

OMG! Dont get me started on how amazing Jak X is. OMG. A Spinoff that referrences all its prequels is absolutely amazing in itself. Jak X is my second favorite. Jak X took elements from all the other 3 games before it. **bleep** EPIC SPINOFF! Its completely canon. It is highely related to the prequels. The storyline is even about one of Jak II enemies. I will leave out spoilers Smiley Happy

Ive been ecourageing ND to make Jak X HD for months now!

I might have to find a way to get another ps2 and start buying some old games again starting with Jak X, anyways thanks for all the info.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photobucket
Message 25 of 40 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7050 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

joblade wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

joblade wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

joblade wrote:

Ive been ecourageing ND to make Jak X HD for months now!

I might have to find a way to get another ps2 and start buying some old games again starting with Jak X, anyways thanks for all the info.

Your welcome! Honestly though. Jak is actually funner to play when you start over. I found myself having more fun once I started over to see if I change my tastics how would that alter how fast I beat the game. And then we have the easter eggs and plot holes. Had orgasms man.

Only time will tell.
Message 26 of 40 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7050 posts

Re: So far Jak Alternate Costumes-

Nov 15, 2012

(Edited) Smiley Happy

Only time will tell.
Message 27 of 40 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Nov 15, 2012

haha its always great to see someone with such love for a character.  you really connect with them so much more in a game like this, ya know?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 28 of 40 (100 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7050 posts

Nov 15, 2012

this_is_Marko wrote:

haha its always great to see someone with such love for a character.  you really connect with them so much more in a game like this, ya know?

Yeah Smiley Happy

I do feel connected with Jak. Its a hard connection to explain but im so attached to his character. I know him better then I know the back of my body lol(bad example but yeah).

Honestly I know him better then my brother Smiley Sad

Only time will tell.
Message 29 of 40 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

Nov 15, 2012

Can I say I love all three costumes equally because I really do. Although I never played Jak X that costume does look really awesome. 

Message 30 of 40 (97 Views)