Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Re: So far Jak Alternate Costumes-

Nov 15, 2012

One thing I forgot to mention in my original post here is that this is actually the first time I've seen the Jak X design, I've said this in a few threads before but I wasn't an owner of any Playstation console up until this year when I got a PS3 so I've been taking the time to try to get into the franchises being represented in this game so that I can learn to appreciate them better and while I have the Jak collection and did some research on the other games in the series I've heard about Jak X in my research but I've never actually seen anything about the game up until now and I've got to say the design is pretty badass.

Message 31 of 40 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7050 posts

Nov 15, 2012

Rammel29 wrote:

Can I say I love all three costumes equally because I really do. Although I never played Jak X that costume does look really awesome. 

I love your comment Smiley Happy

I as well like all his costumes equally but Jak 3 wins slightly because he wears Mars Armor. The Mar! That legendary time traveling wastelander hero warrior Smiley Happy

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 32 of 40 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7050 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

ThatOneGuy39 wrote:

One thing I forgot to mention in my original post here is that this is actually the first time I've seen the Jak X design, I've said this in a few threads before but I wasn't an owner of any Playstation console up until this year when I got a PS3 so I've been taking the time to try to get into the franchises being represented in this game so that I can learn to appreciate them better and while I have the Jak collection and did some research on the other games in the series I've heard about Jak X in my research but I've never actually seen anything about the game up until now and I've got to say the design is pretty badass.

(Dammit, I ran out of Kudos).

Yeah his Jak X design is my 2nd favorite costume of Jak. I wonder how his bandana would have look though if he had it Smiley Happy

Jak TPL Jak II Jak 3 Jak X.jpg

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

As you can see in this picture his hair design changes in every game. This is why we Jak fans want his hair to be changed along with his Alt outfits Smiley Sad His hair is 50% of the reason why each installment/sequel game was Iconic as well. Cause you'll be like hey rememer that Jak game where his hair was spiky up Or you can be like remember that game when he had long pushed back hair .

Only time will tell.
Message 33 of 40 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7050 posts

Nov 15, 2012

I also added in Daxter pants for th ose Daxter fans which I know will appreciate Smiley Happy

Only time will tell.
Message 34 of 40 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Nov 15, 2012
@BlueDiamond93: At first glance it looked like Jak X's hair is exactly the same as Jak 3's but then I looked a little closer to find the difference and sure enough I did but not by all that much so I don't see why they can't change his hair to make it look more fitting for the costume because from what I see Jak X's hair is just less spiky, and I could see that being easy to change on the model other than that the costume in PS All-Stars looks close enough to the source material, the Jak 1 costume still urks me though because, ya know like you said his hair changing between the games makes his appearences more iconic and you're absolutely right because when I think of his Jak 1 design the first thing that comes to mind is his hair because it looks like the hair of a super sayin lol but I do like things like that and ya know in it's own way it signifies that "This is Jak's younger appearence." and ya know if I played the Jak Collection in the wrong order, like if I played Jak 3 first then come back to Jak 1 I could tall that's suppposed to be Jak in a younger form.

So I think getting his appearence right in PS All-Stars is important, when I first heard that his pre order costume was younger Jak I was hyped for it, then I saw it I thought "Eh." Because I expected him to have the super sayin looking hair lol and of course at the time his beard just bothered the hell out of me on that design.

But what I like about Jak's appearences the most is they really show that the time has passed in the character's universe, you have other franchises like Mario, Sonic, Banjo, ect. where they pretty much look the same every game with a few weird art style changes in some games that don't really count like how boxy Banjo looks in Nuts and Bolts or how Sonic progressively gets skinnier, Jak has real changes that make him feel more like a living character, other characters have to rely on their personality to pull that off and ya know Sonic definately got that but Mario's still as dumb as a brick.
Message 35 of 40 (225 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Nov 15, 2012
man wish my ps2 still worked now I want to play jak x again gotta kill everyone with ratchet again. o the good ol days
#ProtectorProgramme
Message 36 of 40 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7050 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

ThatOneGuy39 wrote:
@BlueDiamond93: At first glance it looked like Jak X's hair is exactly the same as Jak 3's but then I looked a little closer to find the difference and sure enough I did but not by all that much so I don't see why they can't change his hair to make it look more fitting for the costume because from what I see Jak X's hair is just less spiky, and I could see that being easy to change on the model other than that the costume in PS All-Stars looks close enough to the source material, the Jak 1 costume still urks me though because, ya know like you said his hair changing between the games makes his appearences more iconic and you're absolutely right because when I think of his Jak 1 design the first thing that comes to mind is his hair because it looks like the hair of a super sayin lol but I do like things like that and ya know in it's own way it signifies that "This is Jak's younger appearence." and ya know if I played the Jak Collection in the wrong order, like if I played Jak 3 first then come back to Jak 1 I could tall that's suppposed to be Jak in a younger form.

So I think getting his appearence right in PS All-Stars is important, when I first heard that his pre order costume was younger Jak I was hyped for it, then I saw it I thought "Eh." Because I expected him to have the super sayin looking hair lol and of course at the time his beard just bothered the hell out of me on that design.

But what I like about Jak's appearences the most is they really show that the time has passed in the character's universe, you have other franchises like Mario, Sonic, Banjo, ect. where they pretty much look the same every game with a few weird art style changes in some games that don't really count like how boxy Banjo looks in Nuts and Bolts or how Sonic progressively gets skinnier, Jak has real changes that make him feel more like a living character, other characters have to rely on their personality to pull that off and ya know Sonic definately got that but Mario's still as dumb as a brick.

Wow man nice put together reply. Man you are seriously impressing me! Smiley Happy

Instead of picking out what i agree with im just going to say I agree with everything you said! Especially the part about showing how time passed in the Jak series with his appearence. Your completely right about Sonic and Mario as well. Personailty is exactly what sequels do for some games while Jak did hair, costume and etc.

However actually for Jak 3 hair Vs Jak X hair. Thats actually different to. Its hard to tell in the concept art of the picture but Jak X hair is shorter but spiky. Its 2x shorter.

But yeah man once again I agree with everything else you said.

Oh yeah and I dont know if I told you but Classic Jak doesnt have his goatee in his costume no more Smiley Happy

Only time will tell.
Message 37 of 40 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Nov 15, 2012

Ah, alright well whenever I get the chance I'll look more into the actual Jak X game to get a better look at his appearence. 

Message 38 of 40 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7050 posts

Nov 15, 2012

ThatOneGuy39 wrote:

Ah, alright well whenever I get the chance I'll look more into the actual Jak X game to get a better look at his appearence. 

Ok Smiley Happy

Only time will tell.
Message 39 of 40 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

Nov 15, 2012

Am I the only one that likes the Jak II costume the best.

Please Respond
Message 40 of 40 (204 Views)
0 Likes