Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Re: So at NYCC someone came to me with some "news"

Oct 15, 2012

BladeXTails wrote:
It's more of a melting pot of interests if you ask me. I think half of this community arent into/dislike anime. So I wouldn't say everyone is an anime nerd. Smiley Tongue

I gotcha! Thanks! (And I didn't mean anime nerd in a rude way, ya know, text and what-not Smiley Tongue)

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 31 of 47 (745 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

Oct 15, 2012

DBoi787 wrote:

sovietprince wrote:
wow the guy confirms all characters that paul gale revealed yet calls him a fraud. there is a hole in there somewhere Smiley Tongue

Yeah, and some people there believed him. I wanted to call him out for some of the claims, but last thing I needed was a conflict at NYCC. 

DBoi I was standing next to you as this was all going down (the black kid with the dredds) and truth be told I would agree with the folks here. I would take what he says with a grain of salt.

Is he part of the press? Yes. However, his sources may or may not be inaccurate. There is a lot of misinformation from all angles. It's honestly a PR nightmare.

Additionally, a lot of the information he gave to support his claims is readily available to anyone who frequents GAF or even here.

However, the guy was very nice and I do love the work their site is doing. He may in fact be right, but this is more of a wait and see kind of deal for me. If it pans out, great news. If not, I didn't put too much stake in it anyways.

------------------
THIS IS ACE

Team Aceun

Message 32 of 47 (732 Views)
Sackboy
436 posts

Oct 15, 2012

Aceun wrote:

DBoi787 wrote:

sovietprince wrote:
wow the guy confirms all characters that paul gale revealed yet calls him a fraud. there is a hole in there somewhere Smiley Tongue

Yeah, and some people there believed him. I wanted to call him out for some of the claims, but last thing I needed was a conflict at NYCC. 

DBoi I was standing next to you as this was all going down (the black kid with the dredds) and truth be told I would agree with the folks here. I would take what he says with a grain of salt.

Is he part of the press? Yes. However, his sources may or may not be inaccurate. There is a lot of misinformation from all angles. It's honestly a PR nightmare.

Additionally, a lot of the information he gave to support his claims is readily available to anyone who frequents GAF or even here.

However, the guy was very nice and I do love the work their site is doing. He may in fact be right, but this is more of a wait and see kind of deal for me. If it pans out, great news. If not, I didn't put too much stake in it anyways.

Nice talking to ya again, man. And yeah, I know. As stated earlier, I didn't believe a word of it from the start. I just didn't want to say anything there, cause its a friendly environment, as can be seen from earlier today (great game xD).

Haven't checked out the site, would gladly love to see it though. Especially after hearing about the tournaments, giveaways and the such. Nothing against him or his site personally, of course. Moreso along the lines of misleading and misconception. But yeah, again, man. I didn't really believe any of it. All of the information is out there, and his claims were a blend of it all with a few twists of his own, alongside the source claim. Thanks for reaching out again though! Kudos. 

Message 33 of 47 (718 Views)
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Oct 15, 2012

can someone post a picture of the ICO stage

Message 34 of 47 (699 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
436 posts

Oct 15, 2012

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/mediawiki/apis.ign.com/sony-game/thumb/a/a2/Ico.png/180px-Ico.png

That's the best shot I could find. 

sammyboy159 wrote:

can someone post a picture of the ICO stage

Message 35 of 47 (692 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
722 posts

Oct 15, 2012
So do we know who this guy writes for or where we can find his work online?
Message 36 of 47 (680 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Oct 15, 2012

It's a training stage from the playstation magazine 

Message 37 of 47 (656 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

Oct 15, 2012
Course you believe it thirty. You believed your own fake spyro picture you **bleep** bender. Oh and yea this is **bleep**. The whole story is utter **bleep**. Nobody came up to you and preceded to tell you all this. You live in a fantasy land OP
Message 38 of 47 (640 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
38 posts

Oct 15, 2012

Everyone told this, but he is a liar, the triple stage mashup can't happen because I made the fake shop of Shadow of the Colossus and LocoRoco as a payback to some GAF users (you are cool but sometimes you need a slap in the face to burst the ego bubble).

I'm sorry for those that believe it, I din't expected it to scalate fast.

Need evidence? Here it is.

Franzea2

I quickly doodled both Kat images, that's why you can't find them (well, the avatar one was used in my Kat signature that some users have). The caracters are taken in this order: Nathan and Sweet Tooth were from the Heihachi presentation video in the Sandover map part, Radec is from the Spike introduction video, I can't remember wich part, sorry. The collosus is a model taken directly from the game using Dormin (a tool to extract the animations and models of the collosus from the PS2 disc). The clouds are from a photo of the sky at my school with heavy photoshop threatment and the rocks and the floor are from another photo taken nearby the college. The final image was taken in the computer labs of the college (I needed to take about 8 of them to get it "right"). Overal, just about a hour of Photoshop and Illustrator work to put everything together, the most time consuming part were to draw both Kat images. D:!

And to the guy to GameFAQS forums that suggested me to do a propper "fake", I accept feedback! Smiley Very Happy

Again, I'm sorry for those who believe it. My more sincerest apologies.

My name is Helvetica Standard! Curse you 16 characters limit!
Message 39 of 47 (630 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Oct 15, 2012

I love you Helvetica Standar

Message 40 of 47 (626 Views)
0 Likes