Sackboy
410 posts

Re: So am I the ONLY ONE here that didn't expect anything/had low expectations?

Nov 4, 2012

achus93again wrote:

so we've been seeing a wave of dissapointment from people here,

mostly 'cause what they expected from the game turned out to be false,

or for some people, they let the hype die out,

so, seeing all this, other than making me a little sad (dunno why), made me wonder,

am i the only one here, that didn't expect anything/or had low expectations?

here's what i mean:

i've only played the first ssb and melee on an emulator, 'cause i've never had a nintendo console,

those games are fun offline 4-player games, almost no games in this day and age have offline multiplayer,

then when this game was announced, i was so effing happy, for a couple of reasons:

1. there's a brawler fighting game on the playstation

2. i can have another offline 4-player multiplayer game for my ps3

that's it actually, and based on those reasons, i was dead set on buying this game,

nothing could stop me from not getting this game (except financial reasons or if the game got cancelled)

no news to me was bad, any sort of 'bad' news i'd get at the most would just make me go "huh, that sucks, oh well"

and, even if the game was a direct rip-off/clone from ssb, i wouldn't care, i'm still gonna buy it,

that's why in a way any news for the most part to me was good news

(and i didn't join the forum until after the last leaks, so i didn't know about the leaks, or who the hell paul gale was)

(FOR THOSE THAT SKIPPED ALL THAT **bleep**, JUST READ THE NEXT SENTENCES)

so, that was my little experience, but the question i have for you guys is,

am I the ONLY ONE here that didn't expect anything/had low expectations?

ALSO, this is not meant as a bash thread, i do not mean this to insult other people,

and please, no sensless arguments...

Seth Killian said there are still some big upcoming reveals before the game s final release...Also remember that he said there will be plenty of unlockables and easter eggs and dlc...You can see the interview here...http://gam3dorkblog.wordpress.com/2012/11/03/old-snake-in-ps-all-stars-easter-eggs-new-surprises/    this video brung my hype right back up..

Message 31 of 40 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
410 posts

Nov 4, 2012

SniperWolf323 wrote:

well if they call it a playstation allstar game and include A VERY VERY LITTLE AMOUNT of allstar characters on the disk, even though they absolutly could of put tons in, the will make ALOT of people **bleep** and look at this game and go **bleep**, the gameplay sucks, you only need to use 2-3 moves per characters and only 1 super. And they are going to add in some ps allstars as paid dlc? that an even bigger slap in the face to fans, this game could not have been made ANY WORSE.

WHy are you guys expecting every single character to be in the first game..Thats almost asking to much...Some devs actually want to wait and see how much we actually like the game before they plop there characters into this game.Other devs just dont want their characters to be in just because but you cant blame sony or superbot for anything.They are fans of these games just like us and for the most part have to come up with interesting movesets ,supers & stories for these characters.Even regarding the stories they actually went as far enough to get each ip's creators to help write there arcade story and thats big enough in itself.Its like capcom actually writing the resident evil movies instead of P.W Anderson or whatever...You guys must stop phocsing on characters now & start phocusing on what we will have as awhole when the game releases.As someone whos played the full game all I can tell you is that every character feels different than the last and will give you a new way to play everytime you pick the game up.Most of you guys dont even know who Seth Killian & Omar's backgrounds but if you did, you would appreciate that they had anything to do with this project because they are true fighting game fans.They set out to make a decent fighitng game that could be picked up by hardcore & casuel gamers and they have succeeded.Now all we need is some dlc and we are good.

The most important thing for us actual fans to do is to support the game regardless so that they know we are still interested, once that happens all the characters we wanted will trickle down easily..My guess is that we will either get day 1 dlc or they will release more characters around christmas or thanksgiving...

Message 32 of 40 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
410 posts

Nov 4, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
I'm with you achus. Personally, I wasn't even expecting third party characters (I've said this many times) so when Big Daddy was announced it was a jaw drop worthy moment because its such a great and unexpected inclusion (at the time atleast lol). Since then, I've just looked at the first party characters as being the base, and the third party characters to be bonuses.

Have I had characters in my mind that have not made it in ? Ofcourse. Does that put the game down for me ? Absaloutly not.

Everything I expected the game to deliver; it delivered, the rest has been a bonus, and that's honestly how I see it.

I have complaints, there's no game where that isn't the case, but the good outweighs the bad in this case (as they do in any good game).

Said like a true gamer....

Message 33 of 40 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
722 posts

Nov 4, 2012
Actually, most people here were familiar with Killian's involvement with Capcom and Kendall's work on Shaolin Monks and for THQ.

I get the whole "we should just be happy this even exists" argument, but unfortunately that way of thinking doesn't move units and get the game into casual homes. Convincing COD players that this game is worth buying, will.
Message 34 of 40 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
410 posts

Nov 4, 2012

Bobthepetferret wrote:

I'm with you Achus. When the game was announced, I was excited because I liked Smash Bros and I love my PS games, so the two together was a great combination.

Character-wise, I honestly had no real expectations about who would make it in. The only characters I thought were mandatory were Sony's first-party roster, and most of my "mandatory" expectations are in the game (only thing missing is a Team Ico character, which is pretty good going). I expected third party characters to be difficult to get, so I didn't expect anyone there, and like Sohail said, I was genuinely surprised by Big Daddy. Actually, I was surprised by PARAPPA, and his inclusion alone sold the game to me.

The beta leak disappointed me a little with some of the character selections, but then when the character trailers came out, I got excited again because I liked how Dante and Raiden played despite initial reservations. Honestly, once I saw Raiden's gameplay, I was sold on him over Snake.

And then I played the public beta and had a blast, so now I'm just excited to play the full game.

My expectations were always realistic, and as such they have been met. And hell, I honestly never considered Crash until everyone else started mentioning him, and this is coming from someone who played his games to death as a kid.

Am I a little sad to not see Lara Croft, my most-wanted character? Yeah, of course. But disappointed and angry at Superbot? Not even close. I got Ratchet, I got Sly, I got Drake, I got Sackboy, I got Parappa, I got Sir Dan. Why should I complain about that?

Honestly, people judge this game too much based on what it doesn't have over what it does, which is weird because what it does have looks pretty awesome to me.

I wish I could see more comments like this...I have been saying the same exact thing to everyone.We have to appreciate whats been done so far and I actually understand both sides.The haters are either super smash fans or super sony fans wh feel the roster should have been 1st partty characters only and then maybe 3rd party dlc characters.Either way it goes, with 3rd party support like Big Daddy, that also leaves the door open for someone like Issak (Deadspace) or Shepard(mass effect) especially seeing as Mass effect trilogy will be rolling out soon and e finally get me 1.After playing wth almost every character and level I am extremely happy with this game.Infact, I can say without a doubt that I know I will play this game more than any fighting game ever.I will put it like this.The day before I went to a superbot even to try ou the full game I had just bought street fighter x tekken for my vita & Ps3, after I came back from the event I cant even pick it up anymore because all I keep thinking about in ps allstars.They made a fighting game that is not only fun to play but it doesnt feel like a chore to learn how to play.There is also no frustration when I loose like in other game which is always good.All in all everyone even the haters need to pick up the full game and judge solely off that, not the beta or just by wathcing gaeplay video's.

Message 35 of 40 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
410 posts

Nov 4, 2012

It honestly depends on what kind of gamer you are in general.Some people will actually only play call of duty and thats it, others love fighting,rpg racing etc.The main goal is just to show that this is a fun game to play but not make it seem like its just a kiddesh game..Ive seen some comments where people say both this and smash are lame and have too many kiddy characters but this is not to be confused. If anything, its a perfect mixture of half and half.Not eveybody owns a nintendo console and has played smash at all  so this will be the first type of game most will see aswell..I also dont expect this to replace cod or smash or any other fighting game for that matter, but I do feel it deserves a place in the top ten or twenty best fighting games of all time.I would really love to see mario & crash shaking hands one day because they are both really awesome games that have different things to offer...

joshTX wrote:
Actually, most people here were familiar with Killian's involvement with Capcom and Kendall's work on Shaolin Monks and for THQ.

I get the whole "we should just be happy this even exists" argument, but unfortunately that way of thinking doesn't move units and get the game into casual homes. Convincing COD players that this game is worth buying, will.

Message 36 of 40 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Nov 5, 2012

i´ll get the game because,basically  i´ve been expecting a game like this since forever(on ps obviously) so no matter how many bad things people say,  i am still going to buy the game and have fun with my friends. but keep my hopes for any new add+on , if not, thats ok. 

Message 37 of 40 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Nov 5, 2012

I didn't have that high of expectations I mean you can't expect a lot from the first game of a franchise, just be happy with what you get this time around.

Playstation sig
Message 38 of 40 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Nov 5, 2012
I really wasn't expecting much when I first heard of this game, just Jak and Daxter to be in. This game exceeded my expectation by a LONG shot.
Message 39 of 40 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Nov 5, 2012

well, glad the arguements stopped,

and i'm also glad i'm not the only one

Play For Fun!
Message 40 of 40 (242 Views)
0 Likes