Highlighted
Nov 04 2012
By: achus93again Fender Bender 3716 posts

So am I the ONLY ONE here that didn't expect anything/had low expectations?

39 replies 802 views Edited Nov 4, 2012

so we've been seeing a wave of dissapointment from people here,

mostly 'cause what they expected from the game turned out to be false,

or for some people, they let the hype die out,

so, seeing all this, other than making me a little sad (dunno why), made me wonder,

am i the only one here, that didn't expect anything/or had low expectations?

here's what i mean:

i've only played the first ssb and melee on an emulator, 'cause i've never had a nintendo console,

those games are fun offline 4-player games, almost no games in this day and age have offline multiplayer,

then when this game was announced, i was so effing happy, for a couple of reasons:

1. there's a brawler fighting game on the playstation

2. i can have another offline 4-player multiplayer game for my ps3

that's it actually, and based on those reasons, i was dead set on buying this game,

nothing could stop me from not getting this game (except financial reasons or if the game got cancelled)

no news to me was bad, any sort of 'bad' news i'd get at the most would just make me go "huh, that sucks, oh well"

and, even if the game was a direct rip-off/clone from ssb, i wouldn't care, i'm still gonna buy it,

that's why in a way any news for the most part to me was good news

(and i didn't join the forum until after the last leaks, so i didn't know about the leaks, or who the hell paul gale was)

(FOR THOSE THAT SKIPPED ALL THAT **bleep**, JUST READ THE NEXT SENTENCES)

so, that was my little experience, but the question i have for you guys is,

am I the ONLY ONE here that didn't expect anything/had low expectations?

ALSO, this is not meant as a bash thread, i do not mean this to insult other people,

and please, no sensless arguments...

Play For Fun!
Message 1 of 40 (802 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Re: So am I the ONLY ONE here that didn't expect anything/had low expectations?

Nov 4, 2012

I had actually low/average expectations, and I'm disappointed anyway...

Message 2 of 40 (798 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Nov 4, 2012
i was impressed by the beta, there is no way i can be dissapointed by the full game.
ハマり度MAX!!
Message 3 of 40 (792 Views)
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Nov 4, 2012

RexLozuresky wrote:

but didn't you also say that the gameplay for you was a 7.5 in the demo impressions thread?

i mean, for the most part, i think you're the only one here in the forum who didn't have fun with the game,

maybe this is not your type of game rex?

just my 2 cents, sorry...

Play For Fun!
Message 4 of 40 (773 Views)
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Nov 4, 2012

stargateheaven wrote:
i was impressed by the beta, there is no way i can be dissapointed by the full game.

oh yeah, i didn't get to play the beta XD

Play For Fun!
Message 5 of 40 (770 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
949 posts

Nov 4, 2012

well if they call it a playstation allstar game and include A VERY VERY LITTLE AMOUNT of allstar characters on the disk, even though they absolutly could of put tons in, the will make ALOT of people **bleep** and look at this game and go **bleep**, the gameplay sucks, you only need to use 2-3 moves per characters and only 1 super. And they are going to add in some ps allstars as paid dlc? that an even bigger slap in the face to fans, this game could not have been made ANY WORSE.

Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Message 6 of 40 (756 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Nov 4, 2012

achus93again wrote:

RexLozuresky wrote:

but didn't you also say that the gameplay for you was a 7.5 in the demo impressions thread?

i mean, for the most part, i think you're the only one here in the forum who didn't have fun with the game,

7.5? You mean like a rate? Never rated the gameplay. But yeah, I was incredibly disappointed.

I would lie if I say that the game is completely boring, but after two matches I'm already done. Nothing compared to Brawl.

Strategic games are not my type of game so no, it just means that Battle Royale is bad.

Message 7 of 40 (742 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Nov 4, 2012

SniperWolf323 wrote:

well if they call it a playstation allstar game and include A VERY VERY LITTLE AMOUNT of allstar characters on the disk, even though they absolutly could of put tons in, the will make ALOT of people **bleep** and look at this game and go **bleep**, the gameplay sucks, you only need to use 2-3 moves per characters and only 1 super. And they are going to add in some ps allstars as paid dlc? that an even bigger slap in the face to fans, this game could not have been made ANY WORSE.

Smiley Very Happy

ハマり度MAX!!
Message 8 of 40 (737 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
517 posts

Nov 4, 2012

achus93again wrote:

so we've been seeing a wave of dissapointment from people here,

mostly 'cause what they expected from the game turned out to be false,

or for some people, they let the hype die out,

so, seeing all this, other than making me a little sad (dunno why), made me wonder,

am i the only one here, that didn't expect anything/or had low expectations?

here's what i mean:

i've only played the first ssb and melee on an emulator, 'cause i've never had a nintendo console,

those games are fun offline 4-player games, almost no games in this day and age have offline multiplayer,

then when this game was announced, i was so effing happy, for a couple of reasons:

1. there's a brawler fighting game on the playstation

2. i can have another offline 4-player multiplayer game for my ps3

that's it actually, and based on those reasons, i was dead set on buying this game,

nothing could stop me from not getting this game (except financial reasons or if the game got cancelled)

no news to me was bad, any sort of 'bad' news i'd get at the most would just make me go "huh, that sucks, oh well"

and, even if the game was a direct rip-off/clone from ssb, i wouldn't care, i'm still gonna buy it,

that's why in a way any news for the most part to me was good news

(and i didn't join the forum until after the last leaks, so i didn't know about the leaks, or who the hell paul gale was)

(FOR THOSE THAT SKIPPED ALL THAT **bleep**, JUST READ THE NEXT SENTENCES)

so, that was my little experience, but the question i have for you guys is,

am I the ONLY ONE here that didn't expect anything/had low expectations?

ALSO, this is not meant as a bash thread, i do not mean this to insult other people,

and please, no sensless arguments...

This is EXACTLY how I got into this game.  I heard about it randomly, I think on IGN or somewhere else, and I started following it.  Your two reasons for getting it are the same as mine.  I'm not a diehard playstation fan, but I saw the potential in this game.  And it's so sad but true.  Oflline games are dying, even if a lot of people don't have internet.  I just miss the days where I could sit on the floor or the couch and beat the hell out of my friends.  Gaming was more social until the internet.  

Message 9 of 40 (735 Views)
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Nov 4, 2012

RexLozuresky wrote:

achus93again wrote:

RexLozuresky wrote:

7.5? You mean like a rate? Never rated the gameplay. But yeah, I was incredibly disappointed.

I would lie if I say that the game is completely boring, but after two matches I'm already done. Nothing compared to Brawl.

Strategic games are not my type of game so no, it just means that Battle Royale is bad.

hm, must have been someone else that rated it then...

Play For Fun!
Message 10 of 40 (730 Views)
0 Likes