Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Re: So NAUGHTY DOG was the original developer of All Stars

Jan 15, 2013

ThatOneGuy39 wrote:
Let's put it this way, yes ND hasn't done anything like this before but at the same time, this is Superbot's first game so it all kind of evens out.

but the people part of superbot have been doing fighting games nearly forever.

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 11 of 17 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Jan 15, 2013
I'm not saying what we got was bad I'm just trying to make a point out of what was said in the first post, since ND hasn't done something like this it probably would've been really bad because companies like Ubisoft with their Ninja Turtles Smash Up proved to me that games like these should only be made in the hands of either HAL or people who have a history of making fighting games, not to say Ninja Turtles Smash Up was bad, it just could have been better and the control was really **bleep** slippery so yeah, I get the feeling that if ND made this, unless they got some fighting game devs to help them out, I don't think it would've turned out as well as it did.
Message 12 of 17 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2457 posts

Jan 15, 2013
the game would've probably had an overpowered drake, instead of santa monica adding the overpowered kratos.
Message 13 of 17 (109 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4393 posts

Jan 15, 2013
Not to mention that ND has too many games to work on, too little resources and time, lousy communication, history of broken promises and unbalanced decisions, and a tendency to listen to the wrong crowd. The Uncharted community may not be kind to them sometime, but we're still praising them for their outstanding work on Uncharted series, and looking forward to the Last of Us.

I hope Superbot doesn't end up like Naughty Dog with too little resources and time. bad communication, and ego.
Ho Ho Ha Ha
Message 14 of 17 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Jan 15, 2013
I wouldnt say little resources and time..they rushed themselves on u3 but it cost over 100 million to make i read somewhere. They are bad at listening to fans sometime and tend to go back on their word when it comes to dlc.. I personally think they are understaffed
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 15 of 17 (97 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
954 posts

Jan 15, 2013
ND don't only do platformer games. They also did crash team racing and it was a great game. I'm sure if ND did this game it would have been great too. I'm happy with what we got from superbot though.
Message 16 of 17 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
385 posts

Jan 15, 2013
U cant make the same games forever, the only way u can learn to make different genres of games, is to make a game of a different genre.
December 11th 2012: Went 12-0 ranked FFA. (Jak)
December 13th 2012: Went 8-0 Stock Unranked FFA. (Jak)
January 10th 2013: Sniped Asis_aka_talent into Jak's lvl 1. (Uncle Radec)
April 16th 2013: Caught parappa's lvl 2 with Sweet Tooth's lvl 1 and didn't die in the process (Sweet Tooth)
May 5th 2013: Got my Radec eviscerated by whaatxddd's radec in 1v1. Kmart, u better watch out.
Just learnt "Drake" and is now learning "Nariko".
Message 17 of 17 (72 Views)
0 Likes