First Son
16 posts

Re: So I played super smash bros. brawl for the first time in a while after PSABR....

[ Edited ]
Feb 17, 2013
I'm sorry but Brawl is more fun, more recognizable characters, more content, more rewarding and overall better in every aspect except for the combos. Allstars is good but there's ALOT of stuff that doesn't make it great. I got the game on release date, played it for 2 weeks (mastered Fat Princess and Ratchet) and I never played it again until Emmet and Kat came out and then I stopped playing it again the day after. I've actually went back to Brawl and played about 15 matches with a level 9 CPU while I only play about 3 online matches on Allstars and then I take it out and play Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations or Persona 4 Arena. I think the percentage system is better than the "kill only with special" thing, EVERY hit counts, Allstars even has some characters that can gain AP by not even hitting an opponent, so technically you can spam the AP gain moves to get AP and then you can get a special and kill your opponent by not even working for it. The level 3 super is far worse than tripping in Brawl, while on Brawl if you trip, it CAN cost you the match but it's not a guarantee plus there's ways you can avoid tripping, most level 3 supers are instant kills, meaning no matter what you will die even if your opponent doesn't even land a hit on you and just beat up the other 2 players the whole match. I'm not hating on this game but I feel it's ridiculous the say it's better than Brawl, Melee craps all over it and 64 is just more memorable, Allstars probably would have sold better had it came out 12 years ago but that's not even an excuse, the roster just isn't noticeable as Smash Brothers.
Message 61 of 67 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Re: So I played super smash bros. brawl for the first time in a while after PSABR....

Feb 17, 2013
I have to disagree with you in some aspects. Yes, the roster is very memorable, but in allstars every hit counts as well. You can't get a super without hitting someone and the only way to prevent someone from getting their super is by not letting them hit you. With regards to characters that can manufacture AP, why would you let someone sit there a gain AP? That's just bad strategy and those characters don't get much from it anyway. And you definitely have to work for your level 3 and there's no doubt about that, especially level 3, when you have players constantly chasing you to grab you out of it. I just found brawl to be very bland when I came back to play it, and found that I enjoyed playing allstars much more, but we all have our opinions.
Message 62 of 67 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
502 posts

Feb 17, 2013
Sakurai turned Brawl speed down for newbies to get into.
He made room for both casual and gamer.
I had all Smash Bros. and this game.

Brawl > 64 > Melee >>>>> PSASBR

I don't let little things in a game bother me.
Speed of a game doesn't matter unless it's an RPG battle system.
Tripping didn't bother me much.
Overrall Brawl gets A+
64 A
Melee A-
this game gets a C.
Message 63 of 67 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Feb 17, 2013
Yea every character has basically the same feel in smash. I like smash bros but I def prefer PSASBR, not just because of faster gameplay but because I grew up a Sony fan and never really cared for Nintendo IP. If Allstars had the same amount of content and polish put into it Id say it would be better than Melee hands down.
Message 64 of 67 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1976 posts

Feb 17, 2013

Mele was the only brawl I ever got into , Brawl was a Peice of **bleep** game.. 64.. Was ok...  this game is much better than brawl and 64, mele is there with gameplay and fun factor like PSASBR , but i like all stars because im a playstation gamer and the charicters are more relevent to the past ten years, XD But yea Whatever dumb **bleep** says brawl is GOOD in general..  Mele> PSASBR> 64>>>>>>>>>>>>> brawl.. * triping is the stupidest thing EVER! 

Message 65 of 67 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1603 posts

Feb 17, 2013

Project M is amazing if anybody here has heard of it. It's a mod for Brawl, makes it more like Melee.

Message 66 of 67 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
457 posts

Feb 17, 2013

Theres a hidden mechanic in brawl called Stale Move Negation, the more you spam a move the less damage and knockback it has 

Message 67 of 67 (52 Views)
0 Likes