Highlighted
Feb 16 2013
By: SaucE_eee-BeAzzT Lombax Warrior 122 posts

So I played super smash bros. brawl for the first time in a while after PSABR....

66 replies 973 views Edited Feb 16, 2013

It's official. This is MY opinion, ut allstars is better than brawl. I was playing brawl and it was not as fun as I thought it was. Now I'm just speaking for brawl, not melee. Melee was the best of the series. But, the things that turned me off of brawl were:

1. The slow gameplay. I felt like I was a fairy because I was floating so much I mean, DK has to be like 200-300 pounds yet he falls down like a feather.

2. The emphasis on items. I know you can take them off but I love using items and the items in allstars seem way more balanced because they dont change the game much, they can only give you an SMALL edge if used effectively. In brawl, a single item can win you the game or you can throw the bat at someone 3-4 times and they'll be dead.

3. Character variation. Even when I change characters in brawl, they still have a similar feel to them. When I play allstars, each character seems so much different from each other, except for the Cole's which still feel different but only based on speed. I like picking up a new character and not being very good with them, it just feels that much better when I do get good with them.

4. The percent system. Ok I used to think that this percent system was genius and that there could never be a better way to play, BUT,  it makes no sense to me that I can hit you with the same move and sometimes you'll go flying and sometimes you'll fall back a centimeter.

5. Strategy: There seems to be no strategy in this game, just aimless mashing of buttons. But, that can attest to the simplicity of the game and the ability to just pick up and play. 

So basically I guess my arguemnet is: I hope the next super. smash is more like melee. The speed of brawl really got me. Even when I used Fox I felt slow. 

Message 1 of 67 (973 Views)
Lombax Warrior
251 posts

Re: So I played super smash bros. brawl for the first time in a while after PSABR....

Feb 16, 2013
Plus the final smashes don't work as I imagine they planned them to
Message 2 of 67 (960 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
88 posts

Re: So I played super smash bros. brawl for the first time in a while after PSABR....

Feb 16, 2013

Brawl Is simply better because..Well...CONTENT, and actually being a finished product.

Message 3 of 67 (936 Views)
Lombax Warrior
251 posts

Feb 16, 2013
We prefer PSABR because... well... QUALITY, and actually being fresh and thought through.
Message 4 of 67 (927 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1268 posts

Feb 16, 2013

meh melee was better imo

Message 5 of 67 (924 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Feb 16, 2013
In my opinion Melee > All Stars = Brawl. I play locally with friends almost exclusively though, so unneeded content isn't taken into account.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 6 of 67 (912 Views)
Wastelander
768 posts

Feb 16, 2013

SaucE_eee-BeAzzT wrote:

5. Strategy: There seems to be no strategy in this game, just aimless mashing of buttons. But, that can attest to the simplicity of the game and the ability to just pick up and play. 

this part is so wrong lol so just mashing buttons? do you think you can win an entire match just mashing side smash for instance? you cant not in a million  years in PASBR you can smash button and win like every kratos that only uses the square button lol PASBR is much more button mashing than even the first SSB in SSB you can never win doing a single attack ever.

Message 7 of 67 (891 Views)
I Only Post Everything
949 posts

Feb 16, 2013

you sir dont know what a good game is than. bahaha wwow you are **bleep** retarded

Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Message 8 of 67 (872 Views)
I Only Post Everything
949 posts

Feb 16, 2013

Shun_Kodori wrote:

Brawl Is simply better because..Well...CONTENT, and actually being a finished product.

and many other reasons. battle royal was a complete fail of a game and all the companies related to it's making need to go out of business

Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Message 9 of 67 (862 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1268 posts

Feb 16, 2013

Yo back off sniper wolf he's only expressing his opinion, he didn't do anything to you.

Message 10 of 67 (861 Views)