Highlighted
Jul 17 2012
By: Thirty3Three Treasure Hunter 5693 posts

So I finally got that email back from SuperBot...

6 replies 212 views Edited Jul 17, 2012

A while back, before the site change, many of you may remember me sending superbot the following message. You wanted an update so here it is!:

"I was watching the GameSpot interview for All Stars Battle Royale when I saw the GameSpot guy ask a question:

He said, "Now this game will be the same on the Vita as it is on the PS3, right? Including characters and all?"

And Omar replied, "Actually I can't really comment on the character front yet"

-of course those aren't exact quotes, but I was wondering...

Based on this, will the Vita version have fewer charcters? I think we all were expecting the same experience as the PS3 owners get. I think if the Vita had less characters, it woul hinder many from buying the Vita version. Or will it be like a 'Soul-Calibur-like' thing where the ps3 gets, let's say, 4 different characters while the Vita has 4 different characters than the ps3 one? Like... Vita exclusives and Ps3 exclusives? I'd think that would be a better idea than just leaving some characters out on the Vita. I don't think we'll want a watered-down version of the game.

Thank you for your time and I hope for a response!"

I just got a reply, roughly a month later. Here it is:

"Hi (Name left out for privacy),

Thank you for your contact and your interest in our game.

I believe that Omar was just being careful as we are not supposed to comment on certain things until we are ready to message them out to the fans as part of our marketing.

That being said, we all agree with your sentiments wholeheartedly and although I can't say anything about the Vita version, I am confident that you will enjoy our game.

Please stay tuned. More info and reveals to come!

Regards,

David" 

Here's a few things to note about the colours I placed here (What my highlightes mean):

Red: Things that make me feel safe about the response
Blue: Things that make me worried about the response
Green: Just there to highlight the messages and distinguish them from my regular texts here on this site. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Now, they never 100% stated that it will be EXACTLY the same; other sites just made that assumption and placed it as gospel. Unless somebody can give me a legitimate quote from SuperBot, I'm going to believe that the Vita version may or may not be different from the PlayStation 3 version.

So what do you all get from said message?

Thanks! Smiley Happy 

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 1 of 7 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
498 posts

Re: So I finally got that email back from SuperBot...

Jul 17, 2012

Oh man, I hope there aren't any platform exclusives...

Message 2 of 7 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Jul 17, 2012
I hope not either! That would be quite the mess, eh?
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 3 of 7 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2925 posts

Jul 17, 2012
I now have epilepsy
Message 4 of 7 (185 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Jul 17, 2012
LOL!
Message 5 of 7 (183 Views)
I Only Post Everything
898 posts

Jul 17, 2012
I emailed them asking for a beta, you guys should email them too asking for one so we can play it sooner!!
Message 6 of 7 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Jul 17, 2012
It's already post-beta. The game's basically finished. All they have to do is release. A beta won't happen, however, a demo may
Message 7 of 7 (111 Views)
0 Likes