Wastelander
644 posts

Re: Snake or Big Boss?

Sep 19, 2012
no in MGS4 you learn that they were his children and raised to be the next "world's greatest soldiers" they have similar genes to big boss (very close to his in fact) and solid was dominant and liquid was recessive (hence their names) solidus was another child of big boss' (don't remember why) and his genes were closer to big boss'.
Message 21 of 28 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2571 posts

Sep 19, 2012

A_GME wrote:
no in MGS4 you learn that they were his children and raised to be the next "world's greatest soldiers" they have similar genes to big boss (very close to his in fact) and solid was dominant and liquid was recessive (hence their names) solidus was another child of big boss' (don't remember why) and his genes were closer to big boss'.

When they say child, they mean clone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 22 of 28 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2011 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 19, 2012

A_GME wrote:

They were all clones. Liquid had the dominant genes, Solid had the recessive genes, while Solidus was said to be the "perfect" clone of Big Boss since he had both. They were called Les Enfants Terribles (The Terrible Children).

http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Les_Enfants_Terribles

Message 23 of 28 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Sep 19, 2012

Despite having the recessive genes, Solid Snake is superior to all the other Snakes. 

I actually like Solid Snake better than Big Boss, but I think Big Boss has the higher potential for a moveset. Old Snake would be pretty cool though. 

Message 24 of 28 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Sep 19, 2012
Personally I'd prefer Big Boss, MGS3 was my favorite game in the series and I think he'd have a better moveset with more CQC moves and such. There aren't many punchy kicky characters as swords/ gun/ gadgety characters and Big Boss would add another character to that category. I'd gladly take either though.
Message 25 of 28 (73 Views)
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Sep 19, 2012

A_GME wrote:

Yeah, they're clones.

ハマり度MAX!!
Message 26 of 28 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
644 posts

Sep 20, 2012

The16thNinja wrote:

A_GME wrote:
BIG BOSS IS NOT SOLID SNAKE. SOLID SNAKE IS NOT A CLONE. PLAY THE WHOLE SERIES TO UNDERSTAND.

Solid Snake is a clone.

did you play 4

Message 27 of 28 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
367 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 20, 2012

You can call him Naked Snake, you know..

He's only called Big Boss as many times as you can count on one hand.

I enjoy Naked Snake more as a character. but Old Snake is more iconic..

But either one would be different from the Smash Bros Snake, so that's good.

Message 28 of 28 (36 Views)
0 Likes