Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 17 2012
By: peartboyz I Only Post Everything 873 posts

Snake: do we really want him?

28 replies 357 views Edited Sep 17, 2012

So at first glance this question answers itself. YES, snake is awesome an he makes everyone feel awesome (especially the ladies) but lets take a step back and look and the pros and cons. 

cons:
     Pissing off kojima.
kojima is an artist, one who avoids contadictions and values his work in a way we only wish all developers did. with this being said he cares for raiden as much as he does snake and treats them as though they're siblings. I don't know about you guys but my dad wouldn't place bets on who is stronger me or my brother. In fact he won't evenly let others debate it. Kojima already isn't thrilled with raiden being in the game do we really want to give them more reasons to be displeased?

Moveset.
After playing as snake in all of his games and then playing as him in smash bros I can say the moveset is... interesting. on the one hand it gives alot of fan service (The nikita, the cypher, the punch combo, the dive roll) but It doesn't really represent snake. Though possibly the manliest video game charecter to appear in recent times snake isn't a massive fighter. His games are stealth games. sure he does stealth like a boss (no pun intended) and he has plenty of projectiles to chose from but if you think about it you would be getting a combination of sly and radec one that would be hardewr a little harder to melee thus making him a pretty anoying / cheap charecter or naturally OP. sure superbot does an amazing job of balancing movesets but an already leniant source material is hard to change without changing the charecter altogether (hence super smash bros)

Fanservice
MGS4 is possibliy the best PS3 game ever made. the story is drammatic the charecter's are iconic and in a game about the best playstation has to offer it'd be a shame to leave out MGS. I know that is what most of you are thinking right now so let me speak to that. MGS is being repped. like it or not Raiden is in this game and though he wasn't as hardened as snake in MGS2 he is now possbily the strongest charecter in the MGS universe. Wouldn't it be a good substitue to get sephoroth instead of cloud? it's close to the same thing here. 

Let me know how you feel about these. It isn't that I want snake but I am not sure it;s what's best for the game. 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 29 (357 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Re: Snake: do we really want him?

Sep 17, 2012

of course the general population of the fans want him in 

#ProtectorProgramme
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 29 (350 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Sep 17, 2012

Snake was quite possibly my favorite character in brawl...merely for the fact that he was snake.  There was something i didn't like about his moveset in brawl and was that it was so gun heavy.  In a metal gear solid game, if you run into a room guns blazing you get killed.  You had to save all of your ammo for bosses and ammo was tough to find.  When i think snake, i immediately think knife combat mixed with military martial arts and possibly a pistol.  There is a huge difference between sword combat and knife combat and i think having a character that specializes in knife combat and military style martial arts would be incredibly fun

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 29 (334 Views)
Sackboy
391 posts

Sep 17, 2012
Yes.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 29 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Sep 17, 2012

this_is_Marko wrote:

Snake was quite possibly my favorite character in brawl...merely for the fact that he was snake.  There was something i didn't like about his moveset in brawl and was that it was so gun heavy.  In a metal gear solid game, if you run into a room guns blazing you get killed.  You had to save all of your ammo for bosses and ammo was tough to find.  When i think snake, i immediately think knife combat mixed with military martial arts and possibly a pistol.  There is a huge difference between sword combat and knife combat and i think having a character that specializes in knife combat and military style martial arts would be incredibly fun

ooh never thought of it that way

#ProtectorProgramme
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 29 (322 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
977 posts

Sep 17, 2012
Marko. Exactly!
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 29 (319 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
745 posts

Sep 17, 2012

Who said Kojima was mad that Raiden is in the game?

LUDICROUS_BANANA STRIKES AGAIN!

Fadi is the greatest sig creator within 1 mile
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 29 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3755 posts

Sep 17, 2012
Duh yes duh
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 29 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
745 posts

Sep 17, 2012

peartboyz wrote:

Kojima already isn't thrilled with raiden being in the game do we really want to give them more reasons to be displeased?

Is this true?

LUDICROUS_BANANA STRIKES AGAIN!

Fadi is the greatest sig creator within 1 mile
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 29 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Sep 17, 2012
when did Kojima say he isn't hapy that raiden is in?
i dont think it would **bleep** off kojima if snake was in.

ハマり度MAX!!
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 29 (292 Views)