2179 posts

Re: Smash < AllStars (opinion)

Mar 19, 2013

PsychoticCyclone wrote:

RaiXku wrote:

PsychoticCyclone wrote:

RaiXku wrote:

Interloper323 wrote:

Smash has one SERIOUS issue though....clones. they should have rectified this problem in Brawl, but for some stupid reason, Ganondorf is Still a clone of Capt. Falcon...and they are just one example. i really hope studio Sora fixes this in the 4th entry, otherwise im done with Smash.

This is a HUGE weakness for SSB that I never really noticed till later on. 

Toon Link and Link are pretty much the same

Captain Falcon and Ganondorf are the same (this was the one I noticed a while ago)

Fox, Falco, and Wolf are actually Fox 1, Fox 2, and Fox 3

Mewtwo and Lucario are da same (I preferred Mewtwo though)

Mario and Luigi are similar (Even though I kinda make an exception for them)

Lucas and Ness literally have like the exact same moves except for 1 or 2 

Ike is a meh replacement for the monster that was known as Roy

Pichu and Pikachu were like EXACTLY the same.

In PSASBR, the only thing I'll say is that many supers share some similarities. Even though people can say that the only reason moves are so "shared" among SSB characters is that they have multiple franchise reps. All in all though, it still is a bit sad.

Wolf is not a clone except for his smash ball.

Slight difference, Pichu took damage for every electric attack.

All they had in common is the ball attack you charge.

Smiley Sad I meant in general (when I said exact, I put the like in front of it to show I didn't 100% mean it). Wolf, even with his slight differences is most definitely a clone. He is the one I am sure is the same. I'll change my original post appropriately to make it clearer and with these changes made.

Ok then, could you explain how he's a clone? Without mentioning the reflector or final smash.

Alright then 

- The Blasters: Wolf's I think has a stunning effect, and has the claw, but basically, they were just trying to copy Fox or Falco's blasters.

- Fire Wolf: Fire Fox without the fire effect

- Wolf Flash: They made him go diagonal, and changed the effect.

Then theres the other 2 things you said I can't say. Overall, it is more than clear (to me at least) Fox was too much of a base for both Wolf and Falco. I'm not good at all with analogies, but here goes. Its like if you had a piece of paper thats blue, one thats blue and yellow, and another thats blue and black. They are all the just the same (pieces of paper) except each is just slightly different from the others. I am not too good at explaining things either Smiley Frustrated But this is a matter of opinion, so I'll respect yours and quit trying to change it. I'll also stand by my opinion as well. I'll call Wolf a clone, you can say he is not. 

Message 41 of 46 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Mar 19, 2013

Wolf is similar enough to Fox and Falco. i admit he is less of a clone than most of the other clones, but still a clone none the less. and for those of you who say that certain characters such as Link and Toon Link have to be clones because they are the same person, you guys are just kidding yourselves...sure, both characters get their own versions of the the boomerang, bombs, bow and arrows, Master Sword etc. but there are more unique weapons to draw from from their respective games. examples: Twilight Princess items: Ball and Chain, Rod of Dominion, Double Claw Shot, Spinner, Bombling, Lantern, Fishing Rod. Wind Waker items: Deku Leaf, Fire arrows, Ice arrows, Light Arrows, Grappling Hook, Mirror Shield, Skull Hammer, Magic Armor.. see? plenty to draw from. im not gonna go into detail  with the Star Fox characters,unless you REALLY want me to -__-. all im gonna say for them is: Star Fox Assault. 

Message 42 of 46 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
595 posts

Mar 19, 2013

RaiXku wrote:

PsychoticCyclone wrote:

RaiXku wrote:

PsychoticCyclone wrote:

RaiXku wrote:

Interloper323 wrote:

Smash has one SERIOUS issue though....clones. they should have rectified this problem in Brawl, but for some stupid reason, Ganondorf is Still a clone of Capt. Falcon...and they are just one example. i really hope studio Sora fixes this in the 4th entry, otherwise im done with Smash.

This is a HUGE weakness for SSB that I never really noticed till later on. 

Toon Link and Link are pretty much the same

Captain Falcon and Ganondorf are the same (this was the one I noticed a while ago)

Fox, Falco, and Wolf are actually Fox 1, Fox 2, and Fox 3

Mewtwo and Lucario are da same (I preferred Mewtwo though)

Mario and Luigi are similar (Even though I kinda make an exception for them)

Lucas and Ness literally have like the exact same moves except for 1 or 2 

Ike is a meh replacement for the monster that was known as Roy

Pichu and Pikachu were like EXACTLY the same.

In PSASBR, the only thing I'll say is that many supers share some similarities. Even though people can say that the only reason moves are so "shared" among SSB characters is that they have multiple franchise reps. All in all though, it still is a bit sad.

Wolf is not a clone except for his smash ball.

Slight difference, Pichu took damage for every electric attack.

All they had in common is the ball attack you charge.

Smiley Sad I meant in general (when I said exact, I put the like in front of it to show I didn't 100% mean it). Wolf, even with his slight differences is most definitely a clone. He is the one I am sure is the same. I'll change my original post appropriately to make it clearer and with these changes made.

Ok then, could you explain how he's a clone? Without mentioning the reflector or final smash.

Alright then 

- The Blasters: Wolf's I think has a stunning effect, and has the claw, but basically, they were just trying to copy Fox or Falco's blasters.

- Fire Wolf: Fire Fox without the fire effect

- Wolf Flash: They made him go diagonal, and changed the effect.

Then theres the other 2 things you said I can't say. Overall, it is more than clear (to me at least) Fox was too much of a base for both Wolf and Falco. I'm not good at all with analogies, but here goes. Its like if you had a piece of paper thats blue, one thats blue and yellow, and another thats blue and black. They are all the just the same (pieces of paper) except each is just slightly different from the others. I am not too good at explaining things either Smiley Frustrated But this is a matter of opinion, so I'll respect yours and quit trying to change it. I'll also stand by my opinion as well. I'll call Wolf a clone, you can say he is not. 

Stunning effect and you pistol whip people with the claw.

Similar but not the same.

He also goes diagonal instead of straight.

I agree he was a base, but they did more to change Wolf then Falco. Falco is the same in everyway EXCEPT he's slower and jumps higher. Yet I still found myself maining him in melee.

Message 43 of 46 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
249 posts

Mar 19, 2013

if you're gonna compare "clones" in SSB, you have a better chance at doing that in Melee than in Brawl. like Cyclone said, Fox was most likely a base for Falco and Wolf. Falco was a direct clone of Fox in Melee, no argument. he was just slower and jumps higher and a different effect for the reflector and blaster. in Brawl they changed up enough moves for Falco that imo i didnt consider him a clone anymore. and Wolf had "stronger" versions of a combination of fox and Falco to me. plus, most of thse characters are seen inside a plane, so they had to think up all the moves, so i cant blame them so much if SOME of the moves are similar to one another.

Message 44 of 46 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
818 posts

Mar 19, 2013
They can both be great. They can both suck. They're actually not very similar at all. People are stupid for comparing them so often.
Message 45 of 46 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2179 posts

Mar 19, 2013

Like I said, opinions will be opinions. I say they are clones, you guys say they are not. I haven't played SSB in awhile anyway, so I'm fuzzy on details. To me, literally taking Fox's attacks and altering them slightly, doesn't make it a new character. It would be like if they made E Cole and Cole have the same moves, with the only differences being the way they look and the effects they have. Thats basically what they did with Falco and Wolf in my opinion. I guess when you think about it, you can't blame them since certain characters didn't fight physically too often. But they could've at least came up with some new attacks or something to make it seem not so obvious that they were aiming to make the character somewhat similar.

Message 46 of 46 (49 Views)
0 Likes