Survivor
2179 posts

Re: Smash < AllStars (opinion)

Mar 19, 2013

Brawl was meh to me. As it stands, it goes like this for me 

Melee > All Stars > Brawl 

NOTHING can ever top the amount of fun I had playing Melee.

Message 31 of 46 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Mar 19, 2013

Smash has one SERIOUS issue though....clones. they should have rectified this problem in Brawl, but for some stupid reason, Ganondorf is Still a clone of Capt. Falcon...and they are just one example. i really hope studio Sora fixes this in the 4th entry, otherwise im done with Smash.

Message 32 of 46 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
595 posts

Mar 19, 2013

Revenger-cm wrote:

I used to have a wii 2 years ago and i sold it for a ps3 which it was a great decision. I used to play games like brawl,mario kart etc. Here is a list on why i think allstars is better

1) No stealing kills when you work hard to damage an enemy

2) Smash ball such an important item and nobody liked it but in here i like how there's 3 different "smash ball special" and that there actually balanced in all characters, not like brawl with DK vs Marth Smash.

3) Combos, i don't remember brawl having combos but since allstars now i hate the fact that brawl it's just get a hit and that's it, no need of skil to pull of a combo. So basically this is a complete fighting game that actually has combos.

4) Playstation Characters > Nintendo Characters. i like the fact on how smash has grew a roster which now seems like a family and i think this is happening with all stars for me if they do actually do a sequel.

5) More moves for each character that in brawl.

6) Multiplayer Online

7) I used to use a gamecube controller for brawl because i hate the wii control for brawl, so ps3 controller>gamecube.

8) DLC

10) Super System> % There was always a HUGE unbalance in brawl that some characters could blown characters out of the field and some were heavier or lighter and the game was released what even being done. If you look for info you could find that mewtwo and other characters were started but never finished. So they did released an unfinished game.

Downsides?

Story Mode

edit:  80% of community in all stars have no skill

Even if you consider brawl better i think if allstars manage to come first in the gaming industry it would have been the other way around. I think wii u brawl universe can be better than this but after that, they have already started a all stars 2.

1.) You can kill-steal in this game too.

2.) I love the smash ball. You really think having 3 supers per character in this game means it's balanced? People complained about Sly so much, they nerfed his 1st super.

3.) Wombo Combo.

4.) Only issue I have with Nintendo characters is that there's so many bleeping Mario characters. I would love if they took everyone from Mario out and replaced them with anybody else.

5.) I felt overwhelmed when I first started playing this game because of how much each character can do. It also made me miss the simplicity of SSB.

6.) Never played Brawl online so I can't say.

7.) Everyone used the gamecube controller for brawl. Gamecube controller = Playstation controller for me.

8.) DLC is why I'm not liking this game so far. I'd rather have unlockable characters.

9.) You skipped this number~~~~~~

10.) D.K is a gorilla and kirby is a balloon, there's nothing wrong with a weight system. Mewtwo and other characters weren't finished? I still kicked @$$ with everyone on the roster. (Except Ganon)

I hope you don't mean Brawl's story is a downside, I liked it.

I agree with your edit.

Without SSB, there wouldn't be an All-Stars.

Message 33 of 46 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Mar 19, 2013

Melee is the most unblanced of the 3 SSB series. But Brawl is also very unbalanced...half of the roster isn't even usuable in tournies. Playstation Allstars has its unblanced characters as well( Kratos, and Raiden.), but most of the roster can be used.

Message 34 of 46 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1469 posts

Mar 19, 2013
But they're fixing that tomorrow Smiley Wink
DC Universe and Playstation Home
Message 35 of 46 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2179 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 19, 2013

Interloper323 wrote:

Smash has one SERIOUS issue though....clones. they should have rectified this problem in Brawl, but for some stupid reason, Ganondorf is Still a clone of Capt. Falcon...and they are just one example. i really hope studio Sora fixes this in the 4th entry, otherwise im done with Smash.

This is a HUGE weakness for SSB that I never really noticed till later on. 

Toon Link and Link are pretty much the same

Captain Falcon and Ganondorf are the same (this was the one I noticed a while ago)

Fox, Falco, and Wolf are actually Fox 1, Fox 2, and Fox 3

Its obvious they took out Mewtwo and tried replacing him with Lucario (who isn't bad, I just like Mewtwo more).

Mario and Luigi are similar (Even though I kinda make an exception for them)

Lucas and Ness literally have like the exact same moves except for 1 or 2 

Ike is a meh replacement for the monster that was known as Roy

Pichu and Pikachu were VERY similar

In PSASBR, the only thing I'll say is that many supers share some similarities. Even though people can say that the only reason moves are so "shared" among SSB characters is that they have multiple franchise reps. All in all though, it still is a bit sad.

Message 36 of 46 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Mar 19, 2013

the only characters close to be clones of eachother in PSASBR, are Cole and Evil Cole. but even they are more different from eachother than the clones in Smash. Ganondorf is the character i have the biggest problem with being a clone, he should be shooting energy balls at you, blasting you with waves of darkness, and using his awesome sword from Twilight Princess. but instead we got Ganondorf F-Zero edition...uggh! it pisses me off... -__-

Message 37 of 46 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
595 posts

Mar 19, 2013

RaiXku wrote:

Interloper323 wrote:

Captain Falcon and Ganondorf are the same (this was the one I noticed a while ago)

Mewtwo and Lucario are da same (I preferred Mewtwo though)

Pichu and Pikachu were like EXACTLY the same.

In PSASBR, the only thing I'll say is that many supers share some similarities. Even though people can say that the only reason moves are so "shared" among SSB characters is that they have multiple franchise reps. All in all though, it still is a bit sad.

Wolf is not a clone except for his smash ball.

Slight difference, Pichu took damage for every electric attack.

All they had in common is the ball attack you charge.

Message 38 of 46 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2179 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 19, 2013

PsychoticCyclone wrote:

RaiXku wrote:

Interloper323 wrote:

Smiley Sad I meant in general (when I said exact, I put the like in front of it to show I didn't 100% mean it). Wolf, even with his slight differences is most definitely a clone. He is the one I am sure is the same. I'll change my original post appropriately to make it clearer and with these changes made.

Message 39 of 46 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
595 posts

Mar 19, 2013

RaiXku wrote:

PsychoticCyclone wrote:

RaiXku wrote:

Interloper323 wrote:

Smiley Sad I meant in general (when I said exact, I put the like in front of it to show I didn't 100% mean it). Wolf, even with his slight differences is most definitely a clone. He is the one I am sure is the same. I'll change my original post appropriately to make it clearer and with these changes made.

Ok then, could you explain how he's a clone? Without mentioning the reflector or final smash.

Message 40 of 46 (62 Views)
0 Likes