Wastelander
889 posts

Re: Smash < AllStars (opinion)

Mar 18, 2013
Any game were u can't combo isn't a fighter.
but not every game that has combos IS a fighter
Message 21 of 46 (176 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Mar 18, 2013
^That's deep.
Message 22 of 46 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
543 posts

Mar 18, 2013
To me allstars is better competitive wise. But content wise I say brawl is better
 photo ak0mq_zpsbdfaa4d4.gif
Message 23 of 46 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
249 posts

Mar 18, 2013

l-DRIG-l wrote:
To me allstars is better competitive wise. But content wise I say brawl is better

ill agree with that considering Brawl wasn't intended to be competitive to begin with

Message 24 of 46 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5105 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 18, 2013

l-DRIG-l wrote:

This game could be made way more competitive simply by adding a game mode that limits certain things.  Ranked is simply not it.

But I def. like the lack of damage.  In Smash, it really gave you no fighting chance as your percent got higher and higher.

PSN: MR:GREEN_____
Message 25 of 46 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Mar 18, 2013

i like the gameplay better in Playstation Allstars better than any Smash game, and i used to play competitively in local tournaments for Brawl. plus ive always really liked Playstation's characters generally more than Nintendo's. Nintendo's characters( usually.) lack any sort of personality. Even Link, one of my favourite videogame characters of all time. i feel like in Playstation Allstars represented Playstation's characters VERY well, with the way they fight, and with their personalities. Tbh though.. i do like Smashes single player content( Trophies, modes, music, secret characters etc.) better than Playstation Allstars. However, if they end up making a sequel for Playstation Allstars( which is likely.), its probably going to be PACKED with single player contact.

Message 26 of 46 (142 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 18, 2013

In all honesty, Brawl > PSABR

I find brawl is more complicated and demands more devotion to fully understanding each character. The combos aren't pre-set so you have to figure them out yourself or vary your combo depending on the situation. There isn't just one way to play with a character. There are brawl tournaments on going till this day because the game is so complicated. I just can't see that happening with PSABR.

Let's also not forget that brawl is a survival game first before it is a killing game. So, kill steals are irrelevant, especially when playing one vs one, which is epic.

I also find that the characters in brawl are more balanced than they are in PSABR (but not all ahem metaknight).
And of course the online in brawl sucks. Nothing i can argue against that though.

That's their only downfall though. And one of the reasons Im kinda pisd at the game. it sucks when you can't play with anyone online cause the system is just crap. But if they had fixed it, the game would have been perfect.

But I love PSABR. i don't really know why lol. maybe it's the fact that you actually have to kill the character instead of pushing him off the stage xD. But I would choose brawl over PSABR any day.

I would say PSABR is more welcoming to beginners than Brawl is. Brawl demands devotion to fully understand just one character, while in PSABR you can just keep using the same moves and you'll be fine,

Message 27 of 46 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
260 posts

Mar 19, 2013
I think the Smash games do presentation MUCH better than Playstation All-Stars, and I think All-Stars could learn a lot from that. Good presentation is a great hook, and makes the quality of a game seem much higher.

Having played Melee and Brawl quite a bit, however, I like most everything else about All-Stars more.
Message 28 of 46 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2925 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 19, 2013

PSASBR has better gameplay. SMASH has better content. Besides the characters cuz Mario annoys the **** out of me now

Edit: profanity

Message 29 of 46 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Mar 19, 2013

Opinions? Well OK, your opinion is wrong. Bye.

Message 30 of 46 (73 Views)
0 Likes