Reply
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/27/2012
Offline
1401 posts
 

Re: Smash Bros. Brawl Reveal Process.

Sep 20, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

djking1994_red wrote:
Nah I am not even gonna lecture you to death. 

I am just gonna confirm you as a Sony Drone like Tech-Boy-88 aka DaPyroShow/Pyro2000x/JayTechTV


You do realize he compared the likely WiiU failure to the PS3's initial failure, right?  How would that make him a Sony drone when pretty much every Sony drone would defend the PS3's launch and never compare it to anything?

 

Anyway, on-topic: Remember that quite a bit of the info that was revealed in the lead-up to the Brawl launch wasn't always new, at least from what I remember.  While the current method of revealing may not be nearly as ideal as the Brawl method, it's still somewhat solid in its own right.  If PSAS2 had this same method, I'd have an issue, but companies rarely know how to do PR correctly in their first game.


That's true! But I just have the worst feeling that they're either going to tell us about the leveling up system and all that stuff all at once before launch and it's going to be an overload of information, or we are going to find out the deep details once the game releases like screen shots and replays and all game modes, mini games, minions, etc..

 

It ruins the feeling of I can't wait until they announce something else. After SuperBot reveals the final characters soon (hopefully) I believe that's going to be the last time we are going to hear from SuperBot. I just have that feeling because I've been on forums before where the devs just up and left us starving for info and then come back with some scraps for us to talk about. Then there was a big announcement, talk for a while, starve, scraps, game releases, feedback, patch, feedback on patch, shut the forum down. 

 

If they went the route that I'm saying we would have little bits of new info or deeper info everyday. People will stay up all night just like the TGS show that everyone thought Superbot was going to reveal characters. This forum was LIVE! lol 

 

Then it died.

 

Then the trailer dropped.

Talked about it.

Dead lol

Photobucket
Message 61 of 74 (95 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 06/30/2011
Offline
2032 posts
 

Re: Smash Bros. Brawl Reveal Process.

Sep 20, 2012
good choice. uncharted is the shiz
Message 62 of 74 (90 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2012
Offline
4668 posts
 

Re: Smash Bros. Brawl Reveal Process.

Sep 20, 2012
To be fair, Tonester, a lot of forums based around unreleased games go through this. We're about five months into knowing about the game. A lot of forums go through a drought. This one is much worse, but I could make the argument that it's because of the forum migration from late last month.

A steady trickle of info would definitely be much appreciated, though. Now that the game shows are starting to come to a close for the time being, we may see something akin to that happening, too! One can hope, at least.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 63 of 74 (86 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/27/2012
Offline
1401 posts
 

Re: Smash Bros. Brawl Reveal Process.

Sep 20, 2012

I want to hear it from SuperBot. It seems like they have everyone doing their work for them. I never see any reveals come from them other than at the game shows.

 

Items, Stages, Concrete details of this game is needed.

 

What setting are in the "Options" menu haha

 

Something!

Photobucket
Message 64 of 74 (83 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 07/11/2012
Offline
502 posts
 

Re: Smash Bros. Brawl Reveal Process.

Sep 20, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

djking1994_red wrote:
Nah I am not even gonna lecture you to death. 

I am just gonna confirm you as a Sony Drone like Tech-Boy-88 aka DaPyroShow/Pyro2000x/JayTechTV


You do realize he compared the likely WiiU failure to the PS3's initial failure, right?  How would that make him a Sony drone when pretty much every Sony drone would defend the PS3's launch and never compare it to anything?

 

Anyway, on-topic: Remember that quite a bit of the info that was revealed in the lead-up to the Brawl launch wasn't always new, at least from what I remember.  While the current method of revealing may not be nearly as ideal as the Brawl method, it's still somewhat solid in its own right.  If PSAS2 had this same method, I'd have an issue, but companies rarely know how to do PR correctly in their first game.


Wii U is being SOLD OUT IN PRE-ORDERS

Wii U has KILLER APPS GAMES

Wii U has game PEOPLE WANTS and KNOW ABOUT

Sony did not bring Jak & Daxter or Sly Cooper or Ratchet and Clank at launch did they NO

They brought NEW IP people hardly even knew about. 

 

Also PS2 has tons of games in 2006 

http://www.ign.com/articles/2005/12/06/the-ps2-games-of-2006

 

Which lead the PS2 to sell and not PS3. 


Wii last game is The Last Story, Dragon Quest X, Project Zero, and Kirby 20th Anniversary Edition leaving the Wii to not interfier with Wii U Launch by releasing great games that people want. 

 

Nintendo only loss money in 2011.

 

Wii U is selling out with amount is giving to retailers. 

Games that will sell the system at launch. 
New Super Mario Bros. U

Rayman Legends

Assassin's Creed 3

ZombiU

Just Dance 4

Nintendo Land

Sonic and Sega All-Stars Transformed

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition

Mass Effect 3

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge

Message 65 of 74 (82 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2011
Offline
5310 posts
 

Re: Smash Bros. Brawl Reveal Process.

Sep 20, 2012

djking1994_red wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

djking1994_red wrote:
Nah I am not even gonna lecture you to death. 

I am just gonna confirm you as a Sony Drone like Tech-Boy-88 aka DaPyroShow/Pyro2000x/JayTechTV


You do realize he compared the likely WiiU failure to the PS3's initial failure, right?  How would that make him a Sony drone when pretty much every Sony drone would defend the PS3's launch and never compare it to anything?

 

Anyway, on-topic: Remember that quite a bit of the info that was revealed in the lead-up to the Brawl launch wasn't always new, at least from what I remember.  While the current method of revealing may not be nearly as ideal as the Brawl method, it's still somewhat solid in its own right.  If PSAS2 had this same method, I'd have an issue, but companies rarely know how to do PR correctly in their first game.


Wii U is being SOLD OUT IN PRE-ORDERS

Wii U has KILLER APPS GAMES

Wii U has game PEOPLE WANTS and KNOW ABOUT

Sony did not bring Jak & Daxter or Sly Cooper or Ratchet and Clank at launch did they NO

They brought NEW IP people hardly even knew about. 

 

Also PS2 has tons of games in 2006 

http://www.ign.com/articles/2005/12/06/the-ps2-games-of-2006

 

Which lead the PS2 to sell and not PS3. 


Wii last game is The Last Story, Dragon Quest X, Project Zero, and Kirby 20th Anniversary Edition leaving the Wii to not interfier with Wii U Launch by releasing great games that people want. 

 

Nintendo only loss money in 2011.

 

Wii U is selling out with amount is giving to retailers. 

Games that will sell the system at launch. 
New Super Mario Bros. U

Rayman Legends

Assassin's Creed 3

ZombiU

Just Dance 4

Nintendo Land

Sonic and Sega All-Stars Transformed

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition

Mass Effect 3

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge


Is this guy an idiot?  

 

New Super Mario Bros. U - Sucks

Rayman Legends - Not Worth It

Assassin's Creed 3 - Not Worth Getting A Wii U

ZombiU - Sucks

Just Dance 4 - Sucks

Nintendo Land - Sucks

Sonic and Sega All-Stars Transformed - Most Likely Will Suck

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition - Not Worth Getting A Wii U For

Mass Effect 3 - Not Worth Getting A Wii U For

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge - Sucks.

Message 66 of 74 (77 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2012
Offline
4668 posts
 

Re: Smash Bros. Brawl Reveal Process.

Sep 20, 2012

djking1994_red wrote:
Wii U is being SOLD OUT IN PRE-ORDERS So did the PS3.  Consoles always ship with low quantities to bring demand.

Wii U has KILLER APPS GAMES I've counted maybe six

Wii U has game PEOPLE WANTS and KNOW ABOUT Which you can buy on most consoles.

Sony did not bring Jak & Daxter or Sly Cooper or Ratchet and Clank at launch did they NO Nintendo's not bringing most of its main lineup, either.  I don't see your point.

They brought NEW IP people hardly even knew about. And Nintendo's not bringing any new IPs.

 

Also PS2 has tons of games in 2006 

http://www.ign.com/articles/2005/12/06/the-ps2-games-of-2006

 

Which lead the PS2 to sell and not PS3.  The PS3 failed pretty much because of its expensive (for what it offered) price and its lack of launch titles.  The WiiU is charging $350 for a console with 32GB of storage and $70 for a WiiU 500MB HDD add-on.  That's too expensive for only 32GB, and it's too expensive for what it's offering.  And it has a lack of immediate launch titles and too many games with TBD dates to secure a decent post-launch guarantee.  Just like the PS3.  The PS2 helped, don't get me wrong, but it's not the only reason for the PS3's failure.


Wii last game is The Last Story, Dragon Quest X, Project Zero, and Kirby 20th Anniversary Edition leaving the Wii to not interfier with Wii U Launch by releasing great games that people want.

 

Nintendo only loss money in 2011.  I never said they'd lose money, I said that the WiiU would fail at launch.  The N64 and GameCube were failures but they didn't lose money, so I don't expect them to now either (and if they do it'd be because of the economy).

 

Wii U is selling out with amount is giving to retailers. 

Games that will sell the system at launch. 
New Super Mario Bros. U Not a seller, but a nice post-buy addition to most gamers

Rayman Legends Yes

Assassin's Creed 3 Multiplatform games don't sell consoles

ZombiU This should sell consoles, but I'm not sure if it will.

Just Dance 4 Think logically: You can buy the other three for the Wii, so why would people pay $300 to pay $60 for another one that's only an incremental upgrade?

Nintendo Land Possibly - we have to see how this turns out

Sonic and Sega All-Stars Transformed The WiiU version looks the most choppy, and it is also multiplat

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition The only multiplat game that could actually possibly sell a few consoles, only due to the preorder bonus

Mass Effect 3 Multiplat

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge I don't follow Ninja Gaiden, but I'll assume it's multiplat.


Until I see definitive evidence pointing otherwise, I'll keep predicting 25-35 million WiiU sales total, with SSB4 solely in charge of about 2-5 million of that.  I wish I could say it's going to do well, because I don't want to see Nintendo do badly, but it's going to happen.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 67 of 74 (76 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2012
Offline
4668 posts
 

Re: Smash Bros. Brawl Reveal Process.

Sep 20, 2012
Nocturnal, I wouldn't be so harsh against the games he mentioned. Rayman should be very fun, as shall NSMBU and ZombiU. Sonic and Sega Racing is pretty good-looking right now, so I won't doubt that as a game itself, but it looked way too unpolished on WiiU for me to be convinced on that.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 68 of 74 (73 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2011
Offline
5310 posts
 

Re: Smash Bros. Brawl Reveal Process.

Sep 20, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

djking1994_red wrote:
Wii U is being SOLD OUT IN PRE-ORDERS So did the PS3.  Consoles always ship with low quantities to bring demand.

Wii U has KILLER APPS GAMES I've counted maybe six

Wii U has game PEOPLE WANTS and KNOW ABOUT Which you can buy on most consoles.

Sony did not bring Jak & Daxter or Sly Cooper or Ratchet and Clank at launch did they NO Nintendo's not bringing most of its main lineup, either.  I don't see your point.

They brought NEW IP people hardly even knew about. And Nintendo's not bringing any new IPs.

 

Also PS2 has tons of games in 2006 

http://www.ign.com/articles/2005/12/06/the-ps2-games-of-2006

 

Which lead the PS2 to sell and not PS3.  The PS3 failed pretty much because of its expensive (for what it offered) price and its lack of launch titles.  The WiiU is charging $350 for a console with 32GB of storage and $70 for a WiiU 500MB HDD add-on.  That's too expensive for only 32GB, and it's too expensive for what it's offering.  And it has a lack of immediate launch titles and too many games with TBD dates to secure a decent post-launch guarantee.  Just like the PS3.  The PS2 helped, don't get me wrong, but it's not the only reason for the PS3's failure.


Wii last game is The Last Story, Dragon Quest X, Project Zero, and Kirby 20th Anniversary Edition leaving the Wii to not interfier with Wii U Launch by releasing great games that people want.

 

Nintendo only loss money in 2011.  I never said they'd lose money, I said that the WiiU would fail at launch.  The N64 and GameCube were failures but they didn't lose money, so I don't expect them to now either (and if they do it'd be because of the economy).

 

Wii U is selling out with amount is giving to retailers. 

Games that will sell the system at launch. 
New Super Mario Bros. U Not a seller, but a nice post-buy addition to most gamers

Rayman Legends Yes

Assassin's Creed 3 Multiplatform games don't sell consoles

ZombiU This should sell consoles, but I'm not sure if it will.

Just Dance 4 Think logically: You can buy the other three for the Wii, so why would people pay $300 to pay $60 for another one that's only an incremental upgrade?

Nintendo Land Possibly - we have to see how this turns out

Sonic and Sega All-Stars Transformed The WiiU version looks the most choppy, and it is also multiplat

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition The only multiplat game that could actually possibly sell a few consoles, only due to the preorder bonus

Mass Effect 3 Multiplat

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge I don't follow Ninja Gaiden, but I'll assume it's multiplat.


Until I see definitive evidence pointing otherwise, I'll keep predicting 25-35 million WiiU sales total, with SSB4 solely in charge of about 2-5 million of that.  I wish I could say it's going to do well, because I don't want to see Nintendo do badly, but it's going to happen.


Ninja Gaiden 3 is already out on the PS3 and 360.

Message 69 of 74 (70 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2012
Offline
4668 posts
 

Re: Smash Bros. Brawl Reveal Process.

Sep 20, 2012
Oh yeah. I remember Ninja Gaiden 3 now. It got panned. The subtitle threw me off, I guess.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 70 of 74 (65 Views)
Reply
0 Likes