Wastelander
690 posts

Re: Smash Bros. Brawl Reveal Process.

[ Edited ]
Sep 20, 2012

To the OP, I had this EXACT thought a while ago, the Brawl reveal system was perfect! I don't know why PASASBR isn't doing it that way :/

I didn't want to bring it up cuz references to smash bros gets people riled up, but most people seem to agree, so great post! Kudos!

Message 31 of 74 (102 Views)
Lombax Warrior
164 posts

Sep 20, 2012

djking1994_red wrote:

god-of-paradise wrote:

Brawl is a much bigger game. The 3rd game in the series. Nintendo has no doubt that it was going to sell well and soo they were glad to advertise their game using everything they had. This is not the case with PSABR.. Do you guys seriously think superbot has a ton of money to spend on this? At first they weren't even sure how the ps3 fans would react to the game So no I do not blame them for revealing the game in the way they are doing. This is a brand new studio developing a brand new game for the fans. It doesn't have as many items, characters or stages that brawl had soo why would they release these things in the same process brawl did??

Seriously guys, cmon.. At least they are doing reveals after the fact that hackers leaked what was it.. like 10 characters and 8 stages. That was a pretty messed up move. So everybody, stop being spoiled and accept the game for what it is. Look at other games and realize they could be releasing nonstop information on there game but no, they have their own ways of releasing info 

Well it Sony job to aid but we all know Sony they don't advertise.

Sony is aiding superbot. Superbot is trying (succeeding as far as I know of) to attend every big gaming convention where fans will be wanting to see the game. Thats pretty good for a new IP. Its not sonys fault though if they are worried about the game not making record sales. They will advertise more when the release date draws nearer but right now, the best strategy for their situation is being utilized. Sorry if the game isn't on its 3rd title with loads of content already there to back it up. This was a fresh new idea for the playstation

Message 32 of 74 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
809 posts

Sep 20, 2012
SuperBot doesn't need alot of money because Sony is obviously funding this game, they can just use there money..

The leaks happened on purpose.

Think about it, with all the characters leaked, only two people didn't speculate, well one. That was Dante.

Why wouldn't the leaks have showed all the characters they knew this was gonna happen, now leaving the remaining characters as huge reveals, Crash, Cloud, Snake, etc...

Even the maps, I'm sure they have a couple more maps, hopefully a Crash Bandicoot and Final Fantasy collab.
Message 33 of 74 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1401 posts

Sep 20, 2012

Lex_Gamer wrote:

To the OP, I had this EXACT thought a while ago, the Brawl reveal system was perfect! I don't know why PASASBR isn't doing it that way :/

I didn't want to bring it up cuz references to smash bros gets people riled up, but most people seem to agree, so great post! Kudos!

I appreiciate the kind words and yeah there's still time for them to do so.

I wish everyone could've stayed on subject

Photobucket
Message 34 of 74 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Sep 20, 2012

TONESTER_925 wrote:

Lex_Gamer wrote:

you mean why superbot doesn't use smash's reveal process?

i think other people have said this, but i'll say it again,

brawl is the third smash bros. game, by that point people kinda get the gist of the characters and such,

this is a new thing, both for superbot, as this is their first game,

and for sony as this is their first all-star brawl game,

the way they're revealing now is to keep up some hype as this is the first time they did it...

Play For Fun!
Message 35 of 74 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Sep 20, 2012

CutiePatutiee wrote:
Because Brawl is better.

I pre-ordered the Wii U just so I can buy Smash. 4 when it comes out.

Except for that it's better, it was the only 4-player brawler on shelves that was good.  So far PSASBR is much better than Brawl and the Wii U is nothing worry about with the prices they're selling it at.

Message 36 of 74 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3500 posts

Sep 20, 2012
You know what's worse than PSASBR revealing system? The injustice revealing system,
IT'S MY WAY OR . . . HELL IT'S MY WAY
Message 37 of 74 (62 Views)
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Sep 20, 2012

StefanForsell24 wrote:
You know what's worse than PSASBR revealing system? The injustice revealing system,

sorry to go off-topic, but what's it like?

Play For Fun!
Message 38 of 74 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Sep 20, 2012

StefanForsell24 wrote:

I don't see anything bad about the PSASBR revealing system other then it keeps us waiting.  Which is a good thing, because then you know fans are interested in the game and also generates great amounts of hype at events such E3 and Comi-con.

Message 39 of 74 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1401 posts

Sep 20, 2012

achus93again wrote:

TONESTER_925 wrote:

Lex_Gamer wrote:

you mean why superbot doesn't use smash's reveal process?

i think other people have said this, but i'll say it again,

brawl is the third smash bros. game, by that point people kinda get the gist of the characters and such,

this is a new thing, both for superbot, as this is their first game,

and for sony as this is their first all-star brawl game,

the way they're revealing now is to keep up some hype as this is the first time they did it...

But it's not daily! It's so random that you don't even know if there's going to be a reveal a TGS or not haha! Every thing is a secret with them. So if they want to make people hype just to see what new content they can show DAILY ALL THE WAY UNTIL THE DAY OF LAUNCH LIKE SSBB that would be a more useful reveal process. Especially since we know nothing about game modes, the unlockables, cpu ai, nothing about the GAME ELEMENTS just CHARACTERS

Photobucket
Message 40 of 74 (50 Views)
0 Likes