Reply
Highlighted
Sep 20 2012
By: TONESTER_925 Uncharted Territory 1401 posts
Offline

Smash Bros. Brawl Reveal Process.

[ Edited ]
73 replies 774 views Edited Sep 20, 2012

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/

 

I remember when Smash Bros. was about to release. We had around 4 months to go I believe and the way Nintendo released information was phenomenal! 

 

Every day (excluding Weekends) they would release some type of information on the game on their OFFICIAL SITE. This produced massive traffic and huge anticipation. I remember staying up until 12 in the morning just to see who or what was revealed. I'm sure I'm not the only one haha I think SuperBot dropped the ball on this one because of the lack of information on their site and this forum. When something is announced, it's usually not from them and it's not updated to their site within the reveal. It's always HOURS later and we are already on the forum talking about it, Already analyzed it, then SuperBot reveals it on Facebook or Twitter. 

 

C'mon guys. It seems like many people are advertising and conversating with gamers on Facebook and Twitter instead of the official site  or official forums. This forum has more information on it than the official site lol 

 

Okay with the reveal (Updating)  process.

 

Say Monday = 1 Character: (Information, History, Super, Moveset, Games, Gameplay Videos, What makes the Character a PS All-Star.

 

Tuesday = 1 Stage: (What game was it from, why they chose this stage, elements of the stage, special events on stage, stage music, and screen shots etc...)

 

Wednesday = 1 Item: (Where the item originated from, the effects of the item, how much AP is taking away with each attack, etc...)

 

Thursday = 1 Minion, Victory Music, Backing ETC...: (What game they came from, what effects do they have)

 

Friday = 1 Costume: (Why did they choose this costume, what game did the costume get its influence from)

 

Monday and Friday would bring the most hype because after the weekend drought of information, on Monday, everyone is going to wake up early to check their computers. 

 

But since SuperBot already showed 95% of their characters the hype maybe won't be there. -_-

 

Or the reveals could just be randomly spread out with the most anticipated reveals are on Mondays because of the weekend drought. 

 

This will draw way more attention to their game up until Launch! and If I counted correctly, there's 40 days left. So 40 reveals. Maybe like 35 if they see this. 

 

What do you guys think. I want to send this to SuperBot to see what they say. lol

 

Photobucket
Message 1 of 74 (774 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 07/11/2012
Offline
502 posts
 

Re: Smash Bros. Brawl Reveal Process.

Sep 20, 2012
Reason for Brawl to sell over 800,000 in Japan on Launch and over 1 million in US at launch.
Message 2 of 74 (731 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 08/20/2012
Offline
809 posts
 

Re: Smash Bros. Brawl Reveal Process.

Sep 20, 2012
Because Brawl is better.

I pre-ordered the Wii U just so I can buy Smash. 4 when it comes out.
Message 3 of 74 (715 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 06/22/2012
Offline
518 posts
 

Re: Smash Bros. Brawl Reveal Process.

Sep 20, 2012
information for Brawl was the way to go and a lot better then how Playstation is Handling the roster and information.. It seems too Random and Brawl actually talked and revealed almost every aspect of the game.. it was almost like a training tool to get ready for the game.. New Information everyday made the Smash bros website something i visited on a daily basis when it launched I wish Sony would have done something similar they are not even focusing on levels or Items or Modes even.. seems like we just get more characters leaving more questions each time..
Message 4 of 74 (708 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/27/2012
Offline
1401 posts
 

Re: Smash Bros. Brawl Reveal Process.

Sep 20, 2012

CutiePatutiee wrote:
Because Brawl is better.

I pre-ordered the Wii U just so I can buy Smash. 4 when it comes out.

It's not coming out anytime soon. It took 2 years after the Wii's release for Brawl to come out lol

 

And that's kind of ridiculous. I hope you buy other games other than just that

Photobucket
Message 5 of 74 (697 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 08/20/2012
Offline
20 posts
 

Re: Smash Bros. Brawl Reveal Process.

Sep 20, 2012
Brawl is Fail, but Melee is awesome
Message 6 of 74 (687 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 08/20/2012
Offline
809 posts
 

Re: Smash Bros. Brawl Reveal Process.

Sep 20, 2012
Smash 4 is released in 2013, and no I didn't only buy it for that, new Mario and Zelda games though.

But I did only buy my Ps3 for Uncharted though.
Message 7 of 74 (685 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/27/2012
Offline
1401 posts
 

Re: Smash Bros. Brawl Reveal Process.

Sep 20, 2012

theESC wrote:
information for Brawl was the way to go and a lot better then how Playstation is Handling the roster and information.. It seems too Random and Brawl actually talked and revealed almost every aspect of the game.. it was almost like a training tool to get ready for the game.. New Information everyday made the Smash bros website something i visited on a daily basis when it launched I wish Sony would have done something similar they are not even focusing on levels or Items or Modes even.. seems like we just get more characters leaving more questions each time..

they even released small details such as the controler scheme and how to plays tutorials. I give Nintendo credit on that one. I was up all night on school nights just to see the new updates lol

Photobucket
Message 8 of 74 (679 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 07/11/2012
Offline
502 posts
 

Re: Smash Bros. Brawl Reveal Process.

Sep 20, 2012

snakeponge wrote:
Brawl is Fail, but Melee is awesome

Brawl is better than Melee.

If you say Melee is better then you like:

- More Clone

- More Unbalance game

- Less Gameplay Mechanic such as Gliding, Wall Stick, Jump on characters heads, and others. 

- Less Content

- No Online

- No actual long single player 

- Broken mechanics 

Message 9 of 74 (671 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/15/2012
Offline
5278 posts
 

Re: Smash Bros. Brawl Reveal Process.

Sep 20, 2012

djking1994_red wrote:

snakeponge wrote:
Brawl is Fail, but Melee is awesome

Brawl is better than Melee.

If you say Melee is better then you like:

- More Clone

- More Unbalance game

- Less Gameplay Mechanic such as Gliding, Wall Stick, Jump on characters heads, and others. 

- Less Content

- No Online

- No actual long single player 

- Broken mechanics 


o wow I rarelt see someone defend brawl against melee

#ProtectorProgramme
Message 10 of 74 (661 Views)
Reply
0 Likes