Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

Re: Smartest Developer Move that can be made is...

Oct 5, 2012

cobbys2012ps wrote:
Meh. The whole 3 moves thing could easily be combated with more than 3 supers for each character. Which is possible cause there is "soooo much content".

Wait what? Are you seriously trying to make a jab at the devs when meanwhile the game won't be released in like two months? Please, give it a rest and be patient. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 11 of 33 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Oct 5, 2012

what's the point with "the smartest developer move that can be made is hp mode"

when superbot's been pushing the kills with supers system from the get go and making it a huge part of psasbr?

they can put in an hp mode, but that is in no way the smartest move for them to make.....

Play For Fun!
Message 12 of 33 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 5, 2012

It'd be jarring. Having to retweak an entire roster just for one mode when they've been showcasing, building and improving upon the main one.

Message 13 of 33 (87 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Oct 5, 2012

Ok let's shut some flamers up with this comment...

"Wow, this game won't get repetitive"

Sarcasm, people.

You build up a repetitive bar to use a repetitive move, the only move in which is capable of making you win or lose.

Replayability will be diminished simply due to this matter. The buildup to the bar is great, landing combos n what not.

But satisfaction should be brought from landing those insane combos and having that enemy fall in amazement at how good that combo was, RATHER THAN you landing those combos, enemy stands back up and says "uhoh his bar is up, ill just dodge his level 1/2/3 move that I've seen 1000 times)

You can have your special mode, have that as the default.

But to expand this title to a larger array of people, it would be exceedingly smart to introduce health mechanics with an option to remove specials.

Message 14 of 33 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
387 posts

Oct 5, 2012
Superbot keeps talking about how much content the game will have. There is potential for multiple supers with each character.
When in doubt, freak 'em out.
Message 15 of 33 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 5, 2012

PearBear5 wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

omg >.> this is getting pretty bad. You havent even played the game, you cant really judge it, it plays perfectly, and its more competitive than smash only because theres no HP mode. To get kills you HAVE to build up your bar, there is no kill steals etc. Its much more fair, and depending it can be a better system.

No versatility in the game, you just said it. "You HAVE to build up your bar..." When or if I get the game, when i hit an epic combo on an enemy, I want to say "Nice, one more hit and he'll be down" rather than "Cool... my bar went up, a couple more hits until I get to use a move, only 1 of 3 moves, that are able to kill anyone"

And who cares about kill steals? In the end, the last one standing wins. I never play timed fighting games, nor do many other people, majority of people play "Here are your lives, don't get absolutely destroyed and you will keep them"

>.> if you do a combo that "epic" your bar will let you use a special, maybe even finishing it into a kill.

there is a stock mode and several other things in the game. hmm i can see you dont play games on the ps3 much though:/

Mostly shooters, resistance, killzone, call of duty, MAG, and the last time you played was in 2010, unless you just havent been online in forever. Many people do play timed fighting games...thats how most fighters are >.> if not all of them, even smash is timed. So i dont see much logic there o.0 oh well perri

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 16 of 33 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Oct 5, 2012
Nah, doesnt need HP
ハマり度MAX!!
Message 17 of 33 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
862 posts

Oct 5, 2012
It would be so easy to for them to convert a health bar. You just convert the ap gain numbers to a inverse relationship to your health bar. But they are NOT going to do that .... someone can try and make a mod or something if the game allows that sorta stuff.
Message 18 of 33 (68 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Oct 5, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

PearBear5 wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

omg >.> this is getting pretty bad. You havent even played the game, you cant really judge it, it plays perfectly, and its more competitive than smash only because theres no HP mode. To get kills you HAVE to build up your bar, there is no kill steals etc. Its much more fair, and depending it can be a better system.

No versatility in the game, you just said it. "You HAVE to build up your bar..." When or if I get the game, when i hit an epic combo on an enemy, I want to say "Nice, one more hit and he'll be down" rather than "Cool... my bar went up, a couple more hits until I get to use a move, only 1 of 3 moves, that are able to kill anyone"

And who cares about kill steals? In the end, the last one standing wins. I never play timed fighting games, nor do many other people, majority of people play "Here are your lives, don't get absolutely destroyed and you will keep them"

>.> if you do a combo that "epic" your bar will let you use a special, maybe even finishing it into a kill.

there is a stock mode and several other things in the game. hmm i can see you dont play games on the ps3 much though:/

Mostly shooters, resistance, killzone, call of duty, MAG, and the last time you played was in 2010, unless you just havent been online in forever. Many people do play timed fighting games...thats how most fighters are >.> if not all of them, even smash is timed. So i dont see much logic there o.0 oh well perriz

Nice you stalked my profile, I have 3 PSN names, this being my oldest but the one saved on my computer due to default email. Read my comment above about replayability and repetitiveness. I understand your opinion, i agree, but bashing mine to the point where you SOLELY believe in ONLY timed fighters is pathetic. Let there be timed fighters, however, fighting games that are popular and very similiar to this, COUGH Super smash bros, who woulda thunkit, COUGH, have many modes which are openly showcased to attract all audiences.

Message 19 of 33 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

Oct 5, 2012
Flaming? You do know flaming involves insulting right?

A repetitive bar? The bar itself is an energy meter that builds up to the super move. There's really nothing else to apply to a super meter. You know, like Street Fighter's supers or Mortal Kombat's X-Ray moves when building up their bar. The bar diminishes when you take damage, specifically when you get hit with an AP knockout move.

3 supers that all operate on a different scale with different abilities. There are maybe one or two ways to dodge them, good luck on some. Then there's dodging all the booby traps on stage that drain your AP however you get hit. Oh and the items that either help build AP, lose AP, or KILL you. That's another aspect of the main mode.
Message 20 of 33 (60 Views)
0 Likes