Oct 05 2012
By: PearBear5 First Son 5 posts

Smartest Developer Move that can be made is...

32 replies 327 views Edited Oct 5, 2012

HP Mode.

Only way to kill someone is with 3 moves? Wow, I can't see that getting repetitive. With certain stages, you can't make a mode where you hit people off the arena, but it would be quite simple to add health mechanics...

Obviously it would take quite a bit of tweaking in terms of figuring out how much damage each move on each character hits for, but it would satisfy a lot of players out there.

I probably will get this game just for some good ol' fights with my friends. However, with there being no modes where you have % of life and what not, then what is the point?

There are no consequences to getting hit, therefore making no benefits to doging (unless you are dodging one of the 3 specials, congradulations, you didn't die... now get hit some more and see if you die the next time)

Upon first look at gameplay videos, I thought the health bar was hidden and still geting tweaked, then I noticed people only died by the odd special move. My face dropped and just instantly changed my mind from "I'm 100% playing this game 24/7" to "MAYBE I'll get this game just because my friends might get it..."

So... yup. HP mode.... with option to turn off specials for true fighting expierence (if specials are on in HP mode, then they wouldn't be able to 1 hit)

Message 1 of 33 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Re: Smartest Developer Move that can be made is...

Oct 5, 2012
No if you want HP then go play something else....... you... ummm... Chicken Littleton
Message 2 of 33 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Oct 5, 2012

omg >.> this is getting pretty bad. You havent even played the game, you cant really judge it, it plays perfectly, and its more competitive than smash only because theres no HP mode. To get kills you HAVE to build up your bar, there is no kill steals etc. Its much more fair, and depending it can be a better system.

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 3 of 33 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 5, 2012

Pizzaguy9021 wrote:
No if you want HP then go play something else....... you... ummm... Chicken Littleton

smash or cartoon network punch time explosion. oh and please watch your languageSmiley Tongue jkjk

Message 4 of 33 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
387 posts

Oct 5, 2012
Meh. The whole 3 moves thing could easily be combated with more than 3 supers for each character. Which is possible cause there is "soooo much content".
When in doubt, freak 'em out.
Message 5 of 33 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Oct 5, 2012

cobbys2012ps wrote:
Meh. The whole 3 moves thing could easily be combated with more than 3 supers for each character. Which is possible cause there is "soooo much content".

wait what???

Message 6 of 33 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
377 posts

Oct 5, 2012
Um yea there is consequence to getting hit, you are basically feeding someone else the win if u let urself be hit. Like others have said open your mind first and secondly play the game and you will realize how wrong you are.
Message 7 of 33 (271 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

Oct 5, 2012
What about getting combo'd? Or the AP knock out moves? The stun moves? Evading applies to that as well. How you build up your meter and how you use your supers can be done in multiple ways.

Strategy is involved when using 3 supers, this was explained countless times but I can see you're new here so don't fret.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 8 of 33 (268 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Oct 5, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

omg >.> this is getting pretty bad. You havent even played the game, you cant really judge it, it plays perfectly, and its more competitive than smash only because theres no HP mode. To get kills you HAVE to build up your bar, there is no kill steals etc. Its much more fair, and depending it can be a better system.

No versatility in the game, you just said it. "You HAVE to build up your bar..." When or if I get the game, when i hit an epic combo on an enemy, I want to say "Nice, one more hit and he'll be down" rather than "Cool... my bar went up, a couple more hits until I get to use a move, only 1 of 3 moves, that are able to kill anyone"

And who cares about kill steals? In the end, the last one standing wins. I never play timed fighting games, nor do many other people, majority of people play "Here are your lives, don't get absolutely destroyed and you will keep them"

Message 9 of 33 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Oct 5, 2012
Dodging not only allows you to avoid being hit but also allows for you to quickly counter his attack. So there is a purpose to dodging
Message 10 of 33 (253 Views)
0 Likes