Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/10/2011
Offline
5663 posts
 

Re: Small Roster Rant

Nov 10, 2012
Not sure if you've even called me a fanboy to be honest.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 81 of 136 (102 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 09/19/2012
Offline
1517 posts
 

Re: Small Roster Rant

Nov 10, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
Not sure if you've even called me a fanboy to be honest.

HA TAKE THAT ZEO


Message 82 of 136 (99 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/08/2012
Offline
2516 posts
 

Re: Small Roster Rant

Nov 10, 2012

It's no secret that I think superbot could have done muuuuuuuch better with this roster 

 

does that make me an entitled brat?


Depends. Are you gonna say 'this game will be perfect if it has Crash/Cloud/Spyro'?

 

This is another thing that I bet annoys a lot of people; whenever someone brings up that it has a small roster, the only four they bring up are Crash/Cloud/Spyro and either Assassins or Wander. They never go into the deeper roots of Playstation. No Abe (Who I thought up a movelist to with him running away and having opponents run into things which would be hilarious). No big King of the Cosmos reccomendations. Not even Dart gets much love in Final Four discussions; only brought up once or twice.

 

Doesn't this annoy 'anyone' else? I mean christ we still get people who run in making a fool of themselves putting up some sort of 'formal letter' to SuperBot saying that they want Crash and that they won't buy it otherwise.

Message 83 of 136 (96 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/21/2010
Offline
1736 posts
 

Re: Small Roster Rant

Nov 10, 2012

I'm not going to read the gigantic first post or any of the 80 to follow, but I'm pretty sure it goes something like this:

 

"Superbot is awesome. Superbot is God. Superbot made the absolute most perfect choices for this game. Everything is perfect, and no matter how much time or money Superbot had, they couldn't have made this game any better"

Message 84 of 136 (96 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/10/2011
Offline
5663 posts
 

Re: Small Roster Rant

Nov 10, 2012
I feel so used Smiley Sad
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 85 of 136 (96 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/08/2012
Offline
2516 posts
 

Re: Small Roster Rant

Nov 10, 2012

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 wrote:

I'm not going to read the gigantic first post or any of the 80 to follow, but I'm pretty sure it goes something like this:

 

"Superbot is awesome. Superbot is God. Superbot made the absolute most perfect choices for this game. Everything is perfect, and no matter how much time or money Superbot had, they couldn't have made this game any better"


I think they actually screwed up in the advertising and a lot of mistakes that made them have to reveal their better plans early on. Apparently Kojima's kind of fed up with us; they had a huge thing for Raiden and because of its accidential leak had to cancel them.

 

I'm also not going to fault a new company. Not until we see their first meal on the table.

Message 86 of 136 (92 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/10/2011
Offline
5663 posts
 

Re: Small Roster Rant

Nov 10, 2012
Marrow, the thing that annoys me is how people have openly admitted if the 'big four' replaced four of the characters in the roster, they'd be fine with it - the same people who not moments before went on a rage about how small the roster is.

Doesn't apply to everyone, but this was an example from a couple of forumers on another thread, will see if I can find some quotes.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 87 of 136 (86 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 09/01/2012
Offline
6400 posts
 

Re: Small Roster Rant

Nov 10, 2012

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 wrote:

I'm not going to read the gigantic first post or any of the 80 to follow, but I'm pretty sure it goes something like this:

 

"Superbot is awesome. Superbot is God. Superbot made the absolute most perfect choices for this game. Everything is perfect, and no matter how much time or money Superbot had, they couldn't have made this game any better"


You would have to be an idiot if you think EVERY choice they made is perfect. I try to be optimistic though. This isn't what most of the thread even about either, mostly an argument btween two guys with some side people.

Message 88 of 136 (80 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/08/2012
Offline
2516 posts
 

Re: Small Roster Rant

Nov 10, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
Marrow, the thing that annoys me is how people have openly admitted if the 'big four' replaced four of the characters in the roster, they'd be fine with it - the same people who not moments before went on a rage about how small the roster is.

This. This right here.

 

I heard one guy say that he wants the entire roster scrapped and only have Crash and Spyro. And he'd be fine with paying 60 bucks.

That, that's sad.

 

Now, I have this enormous mind-pounding headache so I'll be back later.

Message 89 of 136 (74 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 10/21/2010
Offline
1173 posts
 

Re: Small Roster Rant

[ Edited ]
Nov 10, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

it'd be like if Fat Princess didn't make it in. They needed a PSN Representitive.

 

Yeah sure, Crash is cool and all, but he's...well...boring. Without bringing in any of the other games that nobody liked, all he'd really be is a character that has a lot of spinning attacks. He's KNOWN for spinning.

 

If you guys noticed though, every one of the five that people keep going on and on about ARE THIRD PARTY.

 

Heihachi? Yeah, some of the people at Tekken are actually working on this game. This is the spot I'd say 'its their spot deal with it' to. Its not a bad spot either considering Tekken 1, Tekken 2, Tekken 3, Tekken 4, Tekken 5, Tekken 5 Dark Ressurection, and Tekken Tag Tournament are all Playstation exclusives.


Also I keep hearing people complain about a 'Chimera'. Outstanding, either an alien character who uses a variety of guns, or some generic brown haired guy with psychic powers. COLE/EVILCOLE AND RADEC. They're too similar in their moveset to actually 'be'.

 

(if we were to go into ones that would have a 'deserving spot', Kat would probably be first on the list, followed directly by other first party.)

By the way yes, I am in a way hating on the community. Especially the people who are too ridiculously blind and refuse to buy the game because three third party characters aren't in. Nevermind the hours and hours of unlockable content that you have to earn. Nevermind the 20 already-awesome characters that are in the game. Nope, we have to succumb to your nostalgia because you won't accept change.


Actually, I'm sure it'd be fine if it were just PS1/PS2/PS3. Out of the whole roster, the most who got disliked was "Fat Princess" who was one of the first four chars (Title Fight). However, I can see why they wanted a rep because the actual game was popular. I sure enjoyed it but would people want a rep? That is the question, and it mostly leads to no. Not because how she plays, but as a character.

 

That was some nice explaining of Crash. Although he has other moves. And there has been other people saying Titans Crash in which he actually fights & spins around. What's a surprise is what his actual moveset besides his classic moves. However, you can't really stop the Crash fans from requesting (I enjoy the Crash games, but I'm fine without him & never thought about him for the Roster because of 3rd Party).

 

They sure keep requesting those 3rd Party characters. But what can you do? They simply just want them.

 

Good mention on about the Tekken games being PS Exclusive. That's what most people don't know about Heihachi & they consider him hardcore 3rd Party even though when it came to Consoles (not Arcades), he was pretty much PS Exclusive back then.

 

Now.... what's wrong with a Chimera? What's wrong with people requesting a Chimera? Did you not know that SuperBot even got the series itself involved in the game? Also, noticed how Sucker Punch has three reps & Naughty Dog has two reps. What's wrong with Insomniac Games having another rep? Also, that example you used on Chimera, most suited for a generic gun guy like Nathan Hale. Let SuperBot do the thinking, don't go to conclusions on a Chimera when you see "Fat Princess" having her whole moveset even though she did "Nothing" in her own game.

 

No, the character you mentioned who got the game released on "2012" (not developed, released) on Vita doesn't deserve it unless you see that ANY 1st Party Character & or someone whose stayed Exclusive for Playstation deserve it as well. All equal, not just one character from Vita in which MOST people will know if they own a Vita & played the game compared to 3rd Party Characters like Crash who was known for Playstation back then & actually has a big fanbase.

 

The Community....

Well, you should know that any Forum won't be perfect. There's some useless topics there & even ones that go on complaining. Should I consider this "Thread" as one? You say one character should deserve it but then you bash a character who ACTUALLY got requested than the other Resistance Reps. Why do I feel like this whole Thread was to go against 3rd Party Characters & then REQUESTS a character that the user wants (no, not counting the audience, the user). Cause the useless topics I see are users requesting a "Character" without no reasoning & explanation, just flat out request.

 

When it comes to the game. When I saw Sir Daniel Fortesque & the full roster of 20 characters. I was already set in & the rest of the game as well (could be like SSBB, which lasted me 3 Years). Though, there will be people who will complain.

 


MarrowOchi wrote:

This forum is one of the absolute most spoiled I've ever been to. And I've been to GameFaqs, and the MVC3 boards, and I can say that three times the Megaman X talk is more than most people can handle.


I think you should be better off on "GameFaqs" (I do however seen you on this forum, but this Thread = GameFaqs).

This Thread would be better off on "GameFaqs". I've seen forums of many on GameFaqs & that's the worst I've seen on any forum besides just PS All-Stars (there's also the SSB4 Forum which can continue to be the worst since the game is not out till who knows).

 

This is the Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Community Forum.

Ever been to SSBB or SSB4 Forum? Cause this is what you would of expected. Haven't? Well, you've experienced it.

 

Cole Stroll


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GameAtHeart's Average Gaming & Entertainment Channel
Message 90 of 136 (66 Views)