Uncharted Territory
1517 posts

Re: Small Roster Rant

Nov 10, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

and the reason people want me gone is because I hold an unpopular opinion where as marrow is tossing bread to pidgeons basically 

I hold an opinion of distaste against things like the 'Big Four' and disgust over the blatant optimism most have. How is that the popular opinion?

Your post ranting about the big four has 10 kudos

Posts about Crash often get called idiots 

I'd say you have the popular opinion 

Message 51 of 136 (119 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6400 posts

Nov 10, 2012

Despite my sig, I actually want some more first part characters (and stages and items). If we were to get Spyro it would most likely be his skylanders look, which it does look ugly to me but it wouldn't have been that much of a problem if he were actually big in those games.

I like what we got and it is a great start, but I do see "Where is Crash" every single day. I think everyone including Superbot are fully aware of how much people want Crash, heck I think he has a high chacne of making it to free dlc. We 'd see many more complaints if Kratos, Drake, Sackboy, Jak, Sly, Ratchet, and Cole weren't in the game, and more complaints than all these characters combined from Japan if Toro wasn't here. People like to see what this game doesn't have rather than what it does have. 

Message 52 of 136 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Nov 10, 2012

ihatemath113 wrote:

MarrowOchi wrote:

and the reason people want me gone is because I hold an unpopular opinion where as marrow is tossing bread to pidgeons basically 

I hold an opinion of distaste against things like the 'Big Four' and disgust over the blatant optimism most have. How is that the popular opinion?

The loudest aren't always the most. Popularity is numbers. If someone made a whole deal saying Crash/Cloud/Snake as large as mine they'd probably get a large amount too; you know, if they were coherent.

Message 53 of 136 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1517 posts

Nov 10, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

ihatemath113 wrote:

MarrowOchi wrote:

The loudest aren't always the most. Popularity is numbers. If someone made a whole deal saying Crash/Cloud/Snake as large as mine they'd probably get a large amount too; you know, if they were coherent.

Thats the thing though most of the people with those opinions don't stick around

So your opinion is the popular one (At least on this forum)

Message 54 of 136 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Nov 10, 2012

Thats the thing though most of the people with those opinions don't stick around

So the sane people stick around and the spoiled leave. Sweet!

Message 55 of 136 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1384 posts

Nov 10, 2012

okay here are my thought

CLOUD-love him or hate him, ff7 was a huge selling point for the ps1, and thats why cloud deserves to be in, i dont care about FF but im not gonna deny his inclusion in the game.

ALTAIR/EZIO/CONNOR- dammit marrow why did you have to suggest the prince, you know i have a soft spot for the prince, i cant say anyting on this except that both deserve to be in no matter what, and have a huge chance at being in thanks to ubisoft being very genorous, to sony lately.

Lara Croft- id have to disagree, heres why lara is much more agile tan drake, and has used mythologicl artifacts in battles before, she would play differntly than he would, and if im not mistakeni think tomb raider 2 is the 2nd best selling game on PS1.

DINO-not being childish, its just what ive gotten used to calling him (im dead serious), heres te reason i dont like his inclusion, when he was announced, people literally dropped pre-orders, im not kidding, ive seen it upclose, capcom is kind of shoving him down peoples throats, and the dante that people recognizes as a PS mascot was the original, now for me the only thing besides capcom/ ninja theory trash talk i hate about him is is personality.

Spyro-i doubt hell be in because of skylanders, and at this point i hope hes not in

Crash-crash no matter what deserves to be in, im pretty sure he was the first third party thought of, im pretty sure hell be dlc, i mean come on activision loves $$$$$$$, and sony isnt completly stupid.

Heihachi-i dont have a problem with at all, he dereves to be in and is in, its just that i hardly use heihachi and would rather have jin, hwoarang, lee, kazuya, etc...

Raiden-i freakin love raiden, now this is probably because ive never played a metal gear, but raiden looks like a bad@$$, ive even called him the new dante, i cant wait to use him.

BIG DADDY-dont really have a problem and as you said the company wanted him in, i just think hes a weird inclusion.

id like to add that its kind of weird we didnt get a square rep, lara or cloud, or lightning at first were believed to be shoe-ins but werent, or the fact that not even crash is in, i dont think its superbots fault but its more of a money issue, or copyrights debacle between sony nd said company

[URL=http://s854.photobucket.com/user/princedastankeizon/media/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png.html][IMG]http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab102/princedastankeizon/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png[/IMG][/URL]
prince of Persia moveset: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Prince-of-Persia-in-all-stars/m-p/38273897#M125640
Message 56 of 136 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1517 posts

Nov 10, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

So the sane people stick around and the spoiled leave. Sweet!

This right here is what I'm talking about

Message 57 of 136 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
44 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 10, 2012

Roster is too small for a 60 bucks games, if this was 40 maybe 50 then yeah i would agree with yeah. Everyone want those characters because it will help sell the game. Dont you want more people to play with and have fianlly have a good multiplayer community. Every game on online dies when games don't sell well or the community become small like mag, socom, warhawk, resistance, their not enough people play it anymore.  Also a lot people know those characters will be DLC when it should be on the disk.

If you ask some casual player what you do you remember the ps1 era. Most gamers and casuals will sayd playing crash, spyro, tony hawk, metal gear, or ff7. Those charcters stand out the most during the ps1 era because that what people play the most. I remember i spent at least over 200 hours for crash team racing and final fantasy 7. Those were the games i spent the most on.

This game already have a lot strong opinon for this game, looks too much like super smash bros. The game getting DLC. NO creation mode of any kind. Feels like characters are doing no dmg because of no health system. Only three moves matter in the end game, and there are going to be certain characters with a distinct advantage since they have better super moves.  People are saying it feels rushed because of small roster. People also feel that multiple characters seem like they've only been included to promote upcoming games in the Spring (Bioshock Infinite, MGS: Rising, DmC).

And now you add not enough roster characters.  

Idk about you but i have high expectations, and i have high expectations for games that cost 60 bucks. 

Message 58 of 136 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Nov 10, 2012

If they dropped preorders that's their fault. They had 19 other characters they coulda chose from; obviously they wanted one of those and jumped the gun on not preordering thanks to one.

What I'm saying about Lara Croft is this: We have Drake. We don't need Croft. If we have one, it'd be a waste to have the other as they're far too similar in moveset to really be considered 'there'. This game has no gameplay clones and it'd be a shame to start. It would feel wrong to have 'just another' explorer when we have Kat, King of the Cosmos, Dart, etcetra etcetra.

Message 59 of 136 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Nov 10, 2012

shadowmist007 wrote:

Roster is too small for a 60 bucks games

BlazBlue and Persona 4 Arena.

Message 60 of 136 (73 Views)
0 Likes