Uncharted Territory
1517 posts

Re: Small Roster Rant

Nov 10, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

It's no secret that I think superbot could have done muuuuuuuch better with this roster 

does that make me an entitled brat?

Depends. Are you gonna say 'this game will be perfect if it has Crash/Cloud/Spyro'?

This is another thing that I bet annoys a lot of people; whenever someone brings up that it has a small roster, the only four they bring up are Crash/Cloud/Spyro and either Assassins or Wander. They never go into the deeper roots of Playstation. No Abe (Who I thought up a movelist to with him running away and having opponents run into things which would be hilarious). No big King of the Cosmos reccomendations. Not even Dart gets much love in Final Four discussions; only brought up once or twice.

Doesn't this annoy 'anyone' else? I mean christ we still get people who run in making a fool of themselves putting up some sort of 'formal letter' to SuperBot saying that they want Crash and that they won't buy it otherwise.

It would be better if it had Crash/Cloud/Spyro but honestly I just think they missed out on too many things 

if they had More psx reps and AT LEAST one vita rep I would be happy about the roster 

Message 91 of 136 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

Nov 10, 2012

MarrowOchi wroteSmiley Surprisedther big first party notables would be Dart from Legend of Dragoon, the JRPG from Sony itself, King of the Cosmos or The Prince of Katamari Damacy, possibly Leonard from White Knight Chronicles, Abe from Abe's Oddysey, Tag from ModNation Racers,and maybe even Buzz from the Buzz! Quiz Games.

As much as I can side with your argument, Marrow, I took issue with this here.

Katamari and Oddworld are NOT first party franchises. Katamari is Namco's baby so is as first party as Heihachi is, and Oddworld is by an independent dev and the rights have been floating around various publishers over the years, but never Sony as far as I'm aware. The PS1 games were published by GT and Munch's Oddysee and that...other game whose name escapes me were originally published by Microsoft.

Just felt I'd point that out. If you want just first party, I'd switch those for possibly a Wild Arms and Folklore rep.

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Franzea (stage)
Message 92 of 136 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1517 posts

Nov 10, 2012
I would like a link to the SSB4 forums

I have to see them

Message 93 of 136 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Nov 11, 2012

Worst topic 2012

Message 94 of 136 (124 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
954 posts

Nov 11, 2012
Prince of Persia over creed rep....funny joke
Message 95 of 136 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2571 posts

Nov 11, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

4 Ground Physical.

4 Air Physical.

4 Ground Heavy.

4 Air Heavy.

4 Ground Projectile/Technical.

4 Air Projectile/Technical.

Super 1.

Super 2.

Super 3.

If you can come up with a reasonable moveset for a character known for spinning, slamming, and throwing fruit around, as well as keeping it balanced with the other 20 characters (this is a FIGHTING GAME, after all), then be my guest.

Just try and make it reasonable.

4 Ground Physical: Series of punches. side would be spin, up would be uppercut, down would be that move where he slam someone with Aku Aku.

4 Air Physical. More dash kicks and punches

4 Ground Heavy. Charge punches and kicks and spins

4 Air Heavy. same as above

4 Ground Projectile/Technical.  Whumpa fruits, basooka etc.

4 Air Projectile/Technical. same as above

Super 1.  Death Tornado dash attack

Super 2. Rides a spike or Ratical from Cot

Super 3. Aku Aku invincability mask kills anyone it touches.

If they made one for Parrapa it's not hard to do one for someone who actually attacks in their game.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 96 of 136 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Nov 11, 2012

ihatemath113 wrote:
I would like a link to the SSB4 forums

I have to see them

http://www.smashboards.com/index.php

Have fun, this is the one I visit mostly

Message 97 of 136 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
86 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 11, 2012

"Yeah sure, Crash is cool and all, but he's...well...boring. Without bringing in any of the other games that nobody liked, all he'd really be is a character that has a lot of spinning attacks. He's KNOWN for spinning. Second, he also has a lot of Xbox games; did nobody notice that he's not even nearly related to the Sony liscencing anymore? Nostalgia makes people blind, I'm aware of that, but open your eyes."

Spin, Slide, Body Slam, Wumpa Fruit Bazooka(Shouldn't be a super if he gets in eventually, Should be used like how kratos uses his bow and arrow), Bouncing on TNT to make them explode(Shouldn't be a super, Should be used like how drake randomly kicks a barrel).So yeah.He slides, Body Slams, He spins, Shoots bazookas and he bounces on TNT...That's a heck of a boring character.Fat Princess deserves to be in the game not him LOL.

Ratchet beats the crap out of Jak 21/11/12
Message 98 of 136 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
239 posts

Nov 11, 2012

That was a pretty stupid thing to say. Both games are vastly different.

On the matter of sales, Japan loves the hell out of Persona and BB. Persona is the most popular arcade fighting game in Japan right now. It rivals TTT2 in terms of popularity and it only has 13 characters while TTT2 has 50 plus. That speaks volumes. In reality, it all comes down to quality. Even though Marvel has a lot of characters, Japan doesn't take it seriously because of how broken it is.Big Roster counts don't mean jack sh!t if you're game sucks.  Now please get your small roster = bad game mentality out of here.

Message 99 of 136 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Nov 11, 2012

People are unbelievable.

Lol Crash would be boring... You'd say anything to defend this game...

If Kratos wasn't in the game, you'd say that he's not "Playstation history"

Stupid fanboys.

Message 100 of 136 (77 Views)