Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 10 2012
By: MarrowOchi Fender Bender 2516 posts

Small Roster Rant

135 replies 849 views Edited Nov 10, 2012

A lot of people keep repeatidly saying Crash, Cloud, Snake, and a Creed rep would be the 'best inclusions'.

If we were to go into ones that would have a 'deserving spot', Kat would probably be first on the list, followed directly by other first party.

Considering they don't have a Vita rep, it'd be like if Fat Princess didn't make it in. They needed a PSN Representitive. They need the Vita Representititve. And I mean 'THE' Vita Representitive. She's to the Vita as FP is to the PSN, and as Jak/Sly/Ratchet is to the PS2.

Other big first party notables would be Dart from Legend of Dragoon, the JRPG from Sony itself, King of the Cosmos or The Prince of Katamari Damacy, possibly Leonard from White Knight Chronicles, Abe from Abe's Oddysey, Tag from ModNation Racers,and maybe even Buzz from the Buzz! Quiz Games.

I say this because everyone I just mentioned is FIRST PARTY. They're owned by Sony. A lot of them are well-known (maybe not Leonard and Tag). A lot of them are recognizable by first glance. I excluded Wander because they said no to Wander and they can't put him in. They're the easiest IP's to acquire and a lot of them would offer a much more interesting playstyle than some of the more 'well known' characters that everybody keeps bringing up constantly.

Yeah sure, Crash is cool and all, but he's...well...boring. Without bringing in any of the other games that nobody liked, all he'd really be is a character that has a lot of spinning attacks. He's KNOWN for spinning. Second, he also has a lot of Xbox games; did nobody notice that he's not even nearly related to the Sony liscencing anymore? Nostalgia makes people blind, I'm aware of that, but open your eyes.

Same with Spyro. If you get any Spyro you'll be getting the likes of Skylanders, and everyone; everyone on this forum, would feel really, really bad. You'd 'say' you're fine with it, but again that's crapping on your nostalgia. Better to not have him, then have him as a wreck.

Cloud? Emo guy with a large sword? Fantastic. Dart's still better. Dart actually 'fits' the game due to his Dragoon transformation. And since you want your "JRPG Rep" so badly you're probably gonna have to deal with the better of the two.

Ezio/Connor/Altair/Desmond? Heck I want them too, don't get me wrong. Using those arrows and assassination techniques would be awesome. However since its pretty much obvious that if we get a freestyle parkouring rep, its only gonna be one, then I'd definitely say put the Prince of Persia in there. He has three outfits. He has a lot more to take from his games with if you include the Forgotten Sands's different abilities. Heck I'd want the 2006 one but having the trilogy+FS' one would be just as great.

Lara Croft? We already have Nathan Drake. Seriously.

If you guys noticed though, every one of the five that people keep going on and on about ARE THIRD PARTY. They don't belong to Sony. Crash and Spyro are Activision. (Crash: Activision 2008-2012, Spyro: Square Enix and Activision.) Assassins is Ubisoft (and only had that one inclusion exclusive for the Vita.) Lara Croft is now dual-console and belongs to Squeenix. Cloud is Squeenix.

If we bring up the argument of "But Marrow, Assassins Creed on Vita, and Big Daddy is Bioshock Vita!", remember that I'm not discerning his inclusion entirely; out of the five above he'd actually be my second personal favorite (Below Spyro), but if you guys don't remember, the Team Seaslug (Bioshock team name) team literally begged the people at SuperBot for Big Daddy's inclusion and I don't see Ubisoft begging for anyone.

Dante? And no I don't mean 'Dino', 'New Dante', or 'Donte'. You childish brats, get over it, you don't have to buy it and Capcom is milking Street Fighter too much anyways you'd never see a DMC again. Anyways Devil May Cry has been a large part of Sony history; not exclusive until DMC4 and the HD Collection. The new DmC is owned by Ninja Theory, whom also owns Heavenly Sword IP if you guys don't remember that Nariko is also in this game. Its obvious that when Nariko was included (AND SHE WAS SUPPOSED TO FOR ANYONE PAYING ATTENTION, FIRST EXCLUSIVE IP ON THE PS3 HINT HINT), that Ninja Theory and Capcom also requested Dante make it in. Which, obviously, it did, and its obvious that the effects are working because anyone without their head up their arse now notices that the game is actually looking to be quite good.

Heihachi? Yeah, some of the people at Tekken are actually working on this game. This is the spot I'd say 'its their spot deal with it' to. Its not a bad spot either considering Tekken 1, Tekken 2, Tekken 3, Tekken 4, Tekken 5, Tekken 5 Dark Ressurection, and Tekken Tag Tournament are all Playstation exclusives.

Raiden, from Metal Gear Solid. Yeah everybody's been complaining about this with the "WHAT, NO SNAKE?" thing. But; and this is a pretty big but, filled with big stinky knowledge: Kojima likes Raiden, more than he likes Snake. Yeah, you get that? Kojima gave us his favorite from his own flagship series. A series that has been exclusive for quite a long time now yet still belonging to Kojima for his ports to other systems. PORTS. Sony gets the originals, everybody else gets the remakes. I'd say thats quite an honor.

Also I keep hearing people complain about a 'Chimera'. Outstanding, either an alien character who uses a variety of guns, or some generic brown haired guy with psychic powers. COLE/EVILCOLE AND RADEC. They're too similar in their moveset to actually 'be'.

By the way yes, I am in a way hating on the community. Especially the people who are too ridiculously blind and refuse to buy the game because three third party characters aren't in. Nevermind the hours and hours of unlockable content that you have to earn. Nevermind the 20 already-awesome characters that are in the game. Nope, we have to succumb to your nostalgia because you won't accept change.

Tl;dr: get bent go read the full thing.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 136 (849 Views)
Sackboy
436 posts

Re: Small Roster Rant

Nov 10, 2012
lol shut up
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 136 (814 Views)
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Nov 10, 2012

This forum is one of the absolute most spoiled I've ever been to. And I've been to GameFaqs, and the MVC3 boards, and I can say that three times the Megaman X talk is more than most people can handle.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 136 (791 Views)
Survivor
2571 posts

Nov 10, 2012

"duh...do you notice how he has a lot of xbox relases now?" Ya that goes with being multiplatform, so does Dante, Heihachi and Big Daddy, what about them eh?  "Crash is boring, all he does is spin" yea well all Mario does is jump, all Sonic does is spin, what's your point? All Drake does is throw shoot and punch what's your point?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 136 (777 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Nov 10, 2012

The16thNinja wrote:

"duh...do you notice how he has a lot of xbox relases now?" Ya that goes with being multiplatform, so does Dante, Heihachi and Big Daddy, what about them eh?  "Crash is boring, all he does is spin" yea well all Mario does is jump, all Sonic does is spin, what's your point? All Drake does is throw shoot and punch what's your point?

drake climbs, and finds treasure:smileywink: dante kills demons, heihachi is a master fighter, big daddy lives under the ocean with insane people, crash has cute animals :smileyvery-happy:

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 136 (764 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
191 posts

Nov 10, 2012
You're a good boy, Marrow.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 136 (753 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2571 posts

Nov 10, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

The16thNinja wrote:

drake climbs, and finds treasure:smileywink: dante kills demons, heihachi is a master fighter, big daddy lives under the ocean with insane people, crash has cute animals :smileyvery-happy:

I never said that Big Daddy, Heihachi or Dante have no more then 3 moves. Drake has nothing to climb in this game and no treasure to find, but if you play it that way, Crash uses a bazooka, he body slams, he runs, he jumps, he opens boxes, he collect fruit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 136 (753 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Nov 10, 2012

The16thNinja wrote:

I bet you didn't read about those three. Big Daddy was requested by the developers themselves, Dante has ties to another company and was requested as well, and Heihachi has ties to people in the company.

Mario is well known to have fire flowers and several other powerups. Sonic is well known for his spin attacks (roughly all of his moveset in SSBB) with some other fistfighting as seen in Sonic Battle for GBA. Drake is also an explorer and fits solely because they forced him to.

Obviously Crash will make it in as DLC at some point. Both Sony and Activision are talking about it almost daily trying to come to a standpoint.

What I am saying though is that there are characters with a lot more variety, and more ties to Playstation, than most of the people that are constantly brought up.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 136 (750 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Nov 10, 2012

The16thNinja wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

The16thNinja wrote:

I never said that Big Daddy, Heihachi or Dante have no more then 3 moves. Drake has nothing to climb in this game and no treasure to find, but if you play it that way, Crash uses a bazooka, he body slams, he runs, he jumps, he opens boxes, he collect fruit.

but o.0 opening boxes, collecting fruit, jumping, running, etc that doesnt sound that fun on paper :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 136 (747 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Nov 10, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

The16thNinja wrote:

I bet you didn't read about those three. Big Daddy was requested by the developers themselves, Dante has ties to another company and was requested as well, and Heihachi has ties to people in the company.

Mario is well known to have fire flowers and several other powerups. Sonic is well known for his spin attacks (roughly all of his moveset in SSBB) with some other fistfighting as seen in Sonic Battle for GBA. Drake is also an explorer and fits solely because they forced him to.

Obviously Crash will make it in as DLC at some point. Both Sony and Activision are talking about it almost daily trying to come to a standpoint.

What I am saying though is that there are characters with a lot more variety, and more ties to Playstation, than most of the people that are constantly brought up.

*cough kazuma should be in the game cough*

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 136 (743 Views)
0 Likes