Oct 28 2012
By: Xx_AngeLoNe_xX Wastelander 764 posts

Slys decoy does not work on Parappa.

3 replies 140 views Edited Oct 28, 2012

I was just playing in a match, where Parappa kept using his mic spin thing (Forward Circle). Being Sly, I kept trying to use the decoy on it. After I use the decoy successfully and teleport behind Parappa, the recoil of his mic spin causes him to end up behind me, even after teleporting. It just annoyed me because it defeats the purpose of the decoy.

And while i'm complaining, I might as well join the club and complain about Kratos. I main SweetTooth, so I have to get close to be effective. What bothers me most about Kratos is that a ton of his moves have a 360 degree area of effect. So no matter where I am, that **bleep** Kratos can always beat me to the punch. Especially when I do Tooth's butt pound, Kratos just does a 360 move and renders my move useless. The frustration is getting to the point where I would be very happy if Kratos was just taken out of the game all together. Can't wait for the full game, so people will use Kratos less. /End Rant.

inb4 "Kratos is not OP you just suck."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."
Message 1 of 4 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Re: Slys decoy does not work on Parappa.

Oct 28, 2012

Use dodge rolls.

I'm not gonna say 'get better', you're using Sweet Tooth, he's difficult to play as and I respect that. Dodge rolls are however pretty much why I win most of my matches.

Message 2 of 4 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
764 posts

Oct 28, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

Use dodge rolls.

I'm not gonna say 'get better', you're using Sweet Tooth, he's difficult to play as and I respect that. Dodge rolls are however pretty much why I win most of my matches.

If youre talking about Sly... he cant dodge roll. As for Sweet Tooth, my problem is that whenever I block, Kratos just attacks with that chain grab until he gets me. If I roll behind him, he has his trusty 360 moves to get me anyway.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."
Message 3 of 4 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Oct 28, 2012
Hm, weird I've had Sly's decoy work for me against Parappa's mic, you sure the mic got you during the animation? because there's a half second before it ends where it won't counter. Also you shouldn't have a problem doge rolling to the other side of Kratos if he spams forward square, yeah he could get you with his down square but you have to take to account the animation he does for the forward square is slow enough for you to doge roll behind him and attack him.
Message 4 of 4 (92 Views)
0 Likes