First Son
6 posts

Re: Slys Evasive abilities are way too OP

Oct 27, 2012

littlejcr wrote:

You can get him you just dont know how to.

please, feel free to explain if you think you know it all. his invis wouldnt be so bad if he didnt have a counter and teleport to go along with it. no matter how u hit him its a decoy and hes behind you. but if you dont swing it doesnt take the decoy and he doesnt move. on top of a super jump which he can use invis. 

Message 11 of 29 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3239 posts

Oct 27, 2012

Rambos-Hitman09 wrote:

Dude5059 wrote:

Actually, Sly does have one major problem. A lot of his attacks go right under projectiles. If a Sly is spamming rolls, it can be really hard to hit him at all as a Radec.

this is exactly what i am talking about, when he is not invis he can duck and roll under almost any attack. and use his invis to keep him away from supers. not to mention being able to lock someone down using the roll back and forth until a 3rd party comes in to break it up

Dont spam youll be fine then.  Ive played many good non spammers and they did good.

MAY THE SQUARE DRIVE YOUR BLADES KRATOS!
Currently playing: FF14, MGSV, Witcher 3.
Message 12 of 29 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Oct 27, 2012

It's not a result of spamming. Radec is a projectile heavy character. The point is, none of his projectiles can do anything against certain moves. Not his sniper, not his AR, not his sticky launcher. The fact that Sly can jump into an EXPLOSIVE BARREL and AVOID bullets, of all things, is not a good balance. His attacks go completely under all projectiles, and quite a few melee attacks as well.

------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 13 of 29 (105 Views)
Fender Bender
3239 posts

Oct 27, 2012

Rambos-Hitman09 wrote:

littlejcr wrote:

please, feel free to explain if you think you know it all. his invis wouldnt be so bad if he didnt have a counter and teleport to go along with it. no matter how u hit him its a decoy and hes behind you. but if you dont swing it doesnt take the decoy and he doesnt move. on top of a super jump which he can use invis. 

Not many use decoy, so youve got that.  Teleport cant be followed up with an attack easily. 
If you focus heavily on him he wont be able to rest.  If you dont give sly the chance to attack your fine.   also remember to block and roll.

Message 14 of 29 (104 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Oct 27, 2012

littlejcr wrote:

Rambos-Hitman09 wrote:

Dude5059 wrote:

Actually, Sly does have one major problem. A lot of his attacks go right under projectiles. If a Sly is spamming rolls, it can be really hard to hit him at all as a Radec.

this is exactly what i am talking about, when he is not invis he can duck and roll under almost any attack. and use his invis to keep him away from supers. not to mention being able to lock someone down using the roll back and forth until a 3rd party comes in to break it up

Dont spam youll be fine then.  Ive played many good non spammers and they did good.

notice how you said "Ive played many good non spammers" .... you play as sly, which is the reason why you wouldnt want a nerf to happen, so you try your best to make a point like "dont spam" without even knowing who i main and how i play. Just get off the forums please

Message 15 of 29 (96 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Oct 27, 2012

littlejcr wrote:

Rambos-Hitman09 wrote:

littlejcr wrote:

Not many use decoy, so youve got that.  Teleport cant be followed up with an attack easily. 
If you focus heavily on him he wont be able to rest.  If you dont give sly the chance to attack your fine.   also remember to block and roll.

first off, if a sly doesnt use decoy, which i personally have never seen, then he is a terrible sly. secondly, when you teleport it cant be "easily followed with an attack if he teleports to the other side of the map in the opposite direction you were facing. 

and as far as the "If you dont give sly the chance to attack your fine.   also remember to block and roll." segment, you really are slow. how can you stop someone you can see from attacking? not only that, how do you block or know when to roll on an attack you can see coming. 

slys are way to overpowered defensively, change it.

Message 16 of 29 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3239 posts

Oct 27, 2012

Rambos-Hitman09 wrote:

littlejcr wrote:

Rambos-Hitman09 wrote:

Dude5059 wrote:

notice how you said "Ive played many good non spammers" .... you play as sly, which is the reason why you wouldnt want a nerf to happen, so you try your best to make a point like "dont spam" without even knowing who i main and how i play. Just get off the forums please

Nerf or no nerf you can still beat him.  Also your last sentence get off the forums please... do you really think just because I know how to play a character, how to get around his defenses, in fact im trying to give you tips, that means I should get off forums? This is to talk about the game so thats what Im here for, not to argue.  So I leave you with that. 

Message 17 of 29 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2571 posts

Oct 27, 2012

Rambos-Hitman09 wrote:

littlejcr wrote:

Rambos-Hitman09 wrote:

littlejcr wrote:

first off, if a sly doesnt use decoy, which i personally have never seen, then he is a terrible sly. secondly, when you teleport it cant be "easily followed with an attack if he teleports to the other side of the map in the opposite direction you were facing. 

and as far as the "If you dont give sly the chance to attack your fine.   also remember to block and roll." segment, you really are slow. how can you stop someone you can see from attacking? not only that, how do you block or know when to roll on an attack you can see coming. 

slys are way to overpowered defensively, change it.

Dude you are so mis informed, just because somebody doesn't use a move they aren't good? What kind of logic is that? It makes no sense. And yes it can be easily be followed with an attack, he's totally vulnerable.

don't stay in one place, he can't see himself either ya know, it just proves you're a Radec spammer, if you have trouble not staying in one spot.

Here's my advice to you.

1) Stop spamming Radec, everyone will go after you if you don't.

2) Take time to actually get used to a character instead of using the cheapest move in the game (for some, I've learnt to get past them).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 18 of 29 (72 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Oct 27, 2012

Message 19 of 29 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Oct 27, 2012

Something this forum does not want to accept is that even if you can beat a character, that does not necessarily mean that certain aspect of that character are not overpowered. Sly is personally fine, just as long as at least one of my projectiles can hit him while he's doing certain attacks.

------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 20 of 29 (53 Views)