Jan 24 2013
By: ItsLuigiTime Uncharted Territory 1087 posts

Sly's and Raiden's newest adventures on PSN! (Demos)

7 replies 252 views Edited Jan 24, 2013

I thought this would be relevant here since these characters are quite popular in this game.

As you know, the demos for both Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance and Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time hit PSN last night, although the latter is currently only available to PS Plus members.  Luckily I still had a leftover 1-month membership from my copy of God of War Saga, so I was able to get both.  My thoughts:

I found Metal Gear Rising a blast to play, and I've barely even played any Metal Gear games (yes, please throw rocks at me).  There was an already gripping story from the get-go, and I was impressed at the sheer fluidity of the combat, in terms of both gameplay and visuals.  Blade Mode worked quite smoothly, and you can see how accurate his moves were represented in PSASBR.  I was on the fence about this game for a while, but now I'll definitely consider picking it up.

Thieves in Time was also great and really hearkened back to my PS2 platforming days of old.  The visuals were crisp and colorful and the gameplay solid, although seemingly a tad simplistic after years of playing PlayStation's more realistic offerings.  Overall, though, it was a really fun ride and I can see the game getting much deeper as you progress through its story.

Has anyone else picked up these demos, and what are your thoughts on them?

Message 1 of 8 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4363 posts

Re: Sly's and Raiden's newest adventures on PSN! (Demos)

Jan 24, 2013
Actually, MGR:R is free for everyone, not just PS+ members. I'm downloading the demo as I speak.

I also never play any Metal Gear Solid game. Bring on the hate! Smiley Tongue
Ho Ho Ha Ha
Message 2 of 8 (233 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1144 posts

Jan 24, 2013

The MGR:R demo is pretty good, a friend had zone of the enders so i played the demo earlier but it still is good but in my personal opinion, not a day 1 purchase. 

Also, the Dead Space 3 demo is just F**KING AMAZING(in my opinion), co-op and everything. Its a shame they removed competitve mp.

Message 3 of 8 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

Jan 24, 2013
I've played the demo of Raiden's adventure as well, but did you really find that story to be "gripping"? O_O
Message 4 of 8 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

Jan 24, 2013

I played the new Sly demo. Nothing like the other games. I want my childhood back. Thank you!

Message 5 of 8 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2179 posts

Jan 24, 2013

Sly demo goes free for all next week and then the week after we get the full thing. I am also downloading MGR as we speak and have pre-ordered both MGR and Sly 4... they basically are the only games in February I care about Smiley Tongue

Message 6 of 8 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1087 posts

Jan 24, 2013

HighFlyer_15 wrote:
I've played the demo of Raiden's adventure as well, but did you really find that story to be "gripping"? O_O

Well, "gripping" may have been too much of a buzzword, but it did draw me in and made me want to see what happened next.

Message 7 of 8 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Jan 24, 2013
Woah I didn't know about this. I need to go download those games.
Message 8 of 8 (115 Views)
0 Likes