Uncharted Territory
1603 posts

Re: Sly needs to be next on the chopping list.

Dec 10, 2012

Prattz wrote:

Sly seems fine to me. My brother plays as Sly all the time and whenever we come across another Sly on 2v2, we win. Easily. Probably just because all everyone ever does is stay invisible all match and think they're gonna be fine. The only times I ever see him go invisible is during level 2/3 supers.

I honestly don't have a problem with seeing him anymore, though. Especially on Franzea.

Also, if you lose to a Sly that spams counters... That's really your fault in the first place. You could not hit him when he's countering, or hit him during the cooldown time from his attempted counter. If people are nice, they'll spam his electric ball attack instead. Smiley Tongue

The only thing I don't like is that his level 1 is so hard to interrupt. Even then, though... Just dodge it instead if you already know you can't interrupt it. Everything else is fine.

Sly's really not so tough when you get the hang of it.

That's like going to a doctor's saying you have cancer and him saying "Oh, just stop that". His counter cooldown time is low too.

Slys are easy to see no doubt about that, but with invisabilty they are easily looked over, instead people go for Kratos or Raiden because they're more of a threat since you can see them.  

His level one is actually impossible to cancel giving him an edge. Say your Big Daddy and you started you charge move at Sly, Sly then activates his level one, you hit him a split second after, then Murray wipes the floor with you. Any other super, would have a different outcome.

What level were those Slys, by the way?

Message 121 of 125 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

Dec 10, 2012

King_Cobra97 wrote:

Prattz wrote:

Sly seems fine to me. My brother plays as Sly all the time and whenever we come across another Sly on 2v2, we win. Easily. Probably just because all everyone ever does is stay invisible all match and think they're gonna be fine. The only times I ever see him go invisible is during level 2/3 supers.

I honestly don't have a problem with seeing him anymore, though. Especially on Franzea.

Also, if you lose to a Sly that spams counters... That's really your fault in the first place. You could not hit him when he's countering, or hit him during the cooldown time from his attempted counter. If people are nice, they'll spam his electric ball attack instead. Smiley Tongue

The only thing I don't like is that his level 1 is so hard to interrupt. Even then, though... Just dodge it instead if you already know you can't interrupt it. Everything else is fine.

That's like going to a doctor's saying you have cancer and him saying "Oh, just stop that". His counter cooldown time is low too.

Slys are easy to see no doubt about that, but with invisabilty they are easily looked over, instead people go for Kratos or Raiden because they're more of a threat since you can see them.  

His level one is actually impossible to cancel giving him an edge. Say your Big Daddy and you started you charge move at Sly, Sly then activates his level one, you hit him a split second after, then Murray wipes the floor with you. Any other super, would have a different outcome.

I dunno. I guess I'm just kinda defensive because I don't want any other characters to be nerfed as strongly as Sackboy. I never really thought about characters like Sir Dan or Big Daddy who can be caught off-guard like that.

I'm usually pretty good at being cautious around Sly when he has his level 1. Level 2 and 3 are easy enough to dodge (at least as PaRappa) but you gotta be careful around him when he has a level 1. I kinda like how you have to pay attention to stuff like that, but sometimes it does get to be too much.

His level 1 super does need to be able to be cancelled. I just had a Sly use it while I was in a thousand punches combo! Punching him!

In that screenshot, I'm pretty sure one of the Slys was like... Level 50 or something. One was around 500 and the other was 700. I think.

Message 122 of 125 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
721 posts

Dec 10, 2012
Drakes love that barrel move for some reason -__-
Message 123 of 125 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
721 posts

Dec 10, 2012
Well sly is still broken
Message 124 of 125 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1603 posts

Dec 14, 2012

Prattz wrote:

King_Cobra97 wrote:

Prattz wrote:

I dunno. I guess I'm just kinda defensive because I don't want any other characters to be nerfed as strongly as Sackboy. I never really thought about characters like Sir Dan or Big Daddy who can be caught off-guard like that.

I'm usually pretty good at being cautious around Sly when he has his level 1. Level 2 and 3 are easy enough to dodge (at least as PaRappa) but you gotta be careful around him when he has a level 1. I kinda like how you have to pay attention to stuff like that, but sometimes it does get to be too much.

His level 1 super does need to be able to be cancelled. I just had a Sly use it while I was in a thousand punches combo! Punching him!

In that screenshot, I'm pretty sure one of the Slys was like... Level 50 or something. One was around 500 and the other was 700. I think.

I agree on all points, you should pay attention to things like that but when your more frightened of his level 1 than 2 or 3 there's a problem.  

Message 125 of 125 (43 Views)
0 Likes