Dec 08 2012
By: SiftRock Lombax Warrior 187 posts

Sly needs to be next on the chopping list.

124 replies 985 views Edited Dec 8, 2012

He's worse then sackboy, I just typed this up for the tab to randomly close but **bleep** it, here it is again.

After playing against a swarm of sly's I've come to the conclusion that he's just way to good. I'll break it down for those who want to read a wall of text, but if you disagree, I'm sorry, you're just flat out wrong.

Too many options: Teleport, counter, and invisability. If he had one of these, or even 2, he'd be fine. But as it stands he's simply the most mobile thing in the game, he's capable of dodging literally everything and spamming counter due to the lack of cooldown on it. "Just use throws!" you may say, well good **bleep** luck in a FFA match. His invisability also totally sucks **bleep** on stages like black rock where it's next to impossible to track him on the black background with all the dust particals, or Franenza where it's too bright to really see him. "Lol I track him with no prob-" **bleep** off, no you don't and you don't gain anything by being a egotistical dickwad about it. Time Station and whatnot is small enough that you can spot him if you look for him, but the wider more zoomed out stages it's impossible. Combined with all of his options to counter you it's almost impossible to actually touch him.

His stealing AP and Meter Gain: Simply put, he gains it way, way too **bleep** fast. He can steal 40AP from a single target by hitting them from behind and that should of never been put in the game. I can outplay a group of players, build meter, and get totally **bleep**ed over because I'm focusing on finishing a combo in a FFA match, that's unacceptable, and AP drain should only be regulated to throws. Throwing with cooper just isn't needed when he can suck it all up in a few button presses. It's rediculous and needs to be removed or toned way down to about 5AP per drain. (He also gets AP for his inital hits, so it's not like he's only getting 5 anyway) Also he doesn't have to bother with any combo's at all, his side triangle not only blows through just about every attack in the game, it nets him a solid 20-40 with each hit (It seems random, I swear he was getting 40 off me sometimes and 20 others). For something as fast and that can come out of the invisability right away it's just rediculous.

Supers: All of them are just way, WAY too **bleep** good, and seeing how he can throw a literally unstoppable level 1 out whenever he feels like is absolutely retarded.

Level 1: It needs a way longer wind up time, no other cast member in the game has such a absurdly broken level 1, Murray come sout instantly and the second he shows up if you aren't a mile away your **bleep**ed. HIs hitbox is way bigger then his actual model is, and it's impossible to roll through it (I've tried, many many times). If I try to jump over him as well, I still get hit despite being a mile away, all of this combined with the fact sly can use it while invisable is absolutely rediculous and it makes me wonder who at superbot thought this was a good idea.

Level 2: It's good, it actually requires a little bit of effort to pull off and if you're good at dodging you can ecape it fair and square.

Level 3: Throw this trash out. Superbot, get rid of it, it's broken and one of the worst things in the game. The hitbox is 70% of the screen (I've been hit numerous times when Toro's Ears are the only things on the screen) it lasts way WAY to long, and it's impossible to dodge more then once. A lot of people complain about sackboy (for good reason) but sly is a much, much larger annoyance due to how fast the camera moves and how unavoidable it is. Once again if you claim to have dodged it all then you're a goddamn liar. The lag compensation certainly doesn't help either. It's just stupid how overpowered it is when you have people like Parappa who can only get 3 kills, or Kratos who if you're good at dodging you can avoid. This super is terribly overpowered for the little effort needed to hit it.

Superbot, nerf the **bleep** out of sly,, seriously. He's way to good, and while I think sackboy deserved the nerfs, Sly now stands unopposed as the most broken character in a fighting game.

Message 1 of 125 (985 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Re: Sly needs to be next on the chopping list.

Dec 8, 2012

Not before Kratos!

Message 2 of 125 (977 Views)
Lombax Warrior
187 posts

Dec 8, 2012
Yeah before Kratos. The dude has some super fast AP gain but you can roll through all of his supers easily, and he has some heavy recovery time if you just block his attacks. Sly doesn't have any recovery time at all for his stuff
Message 3 of 125 (968 Views)
Wastelander
721 posts

Dec 8, 2012
Lol parappa is just as bad with his superman combo (jumps in the air>side charges across map>starts never ending combo>if avoid side charge he grabs then combos>repeat from step one) but yeah sly is broken as well.
Message 4 of 125 (938 Views)
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Dec 8, 2012

Superbot says to cry more, SiftRock.

Message 5 of 125 (935 Views)
First Son
22 posts

Dec 8, 2012
his level 1 should be cancelable and his foward triangle should less ap gain or less super amor
Message 6 of 125 (921 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
768 posts

Dec 8, 2012
I got a great laugh from that lol and fully agree

YT: DatTeamAxcel for all my latest PSAS related content. I upload everything FFAs 2v2 1v1, Combo & How to Videos, and Player and character breakdowns.
Message 7 of 125 (905 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Dec 8, 2012
Yeah, no.
Message 8 of 125 (903 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
187 posts

Dec 8, 2012
Great arguments. You bring up a lot of good points and deflate some of my own.

In other news I'm glad you're wrong bros.
Message 9 of 125 (875 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
721 posts

Dec 8, 2012
Plus parappa can just sit there and collect ap from a boom box
Message 10 of 125 (869 Views)