Uncharted Territory
1603 posts

Re: Sly is still op.

Dec 16, 2012

TrashCrap wrote:
Good job at being lucky. It can be interrupted. I promise

I've been testing this for a bit and each time it's the same outcome, it's not cancelled. So even if it could be cancelled there would be so small a window it wouldn't really matter that much.

Message 11 of 17 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
810 posts

Dec 16, 2012
In order for him to "STILL" be overpowered he would have had to have gotten "nerfed."
But he is OPed.
At least his level one.
It has tremendous range and is virtually uninterruptible. Split of a split second window.
Message 12 of 17 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1087 posts

Dec 16, 2012
I actually noticed something about his Level 1 the other day. Not only does it have a large range in front of Sly, but also behind him as well. Notice how Murray starts out behind him? You can still get hit even if you're one or two character-lengths behind Sly.
Message 13 of 17 (91 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Dec 16, 2012
@ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 I believe it's a move he is supposed to have in Sly 4. I have played all the Sly games at least 3 times each and don't remember it. I have heard a few day a while ago it's from Sly 1 (it could be I haven't played that game in like 2 years) but I think it's a move that's supposed to be from the new one.
Message 14 of 17 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2179 posts

Dec 16, 2012

TwistedAvenger wrote:
@ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 I believe it's a move he is supposed to have in Sly 4. I have played all the Sly games at least 3 times each and don't remember it. I have heard a few day a while ago it's from Sly 1 (it could be I haven't played that game in like 2 years) but I think it's a move that's supposed to be from the new one.

Exactly. SB is big on giving characters from their newer games (which isn't necessarily bad). About Sly, ok he is somewhat balanced. His level 1 is OP as **bleep**, no doubt about that. But other than that, his 2 and 3 are fine. Sly is only annoying, but not really OP. I just noticed after playing a level 673 Sly today, that Sly almost always has to be spammed to win. He practically has no worth learning combos, and can't roll or dodge. Those things make Sly not really OP. Even though his teleport, counter, and invisibility are extremely spammy and hard to counter properly, they can be taken down, along with Sly. I do know this one combo with him where it starts off as a counter and ends with you dead though. Sly is a tricky, thieving character (like he is in his games). We are learning to take him down, one step at a time. If he is nerfed, it should only be his Level 1 and there should be some type of penalty for teleport/counter spamming (as in give it a longer start up time or something like that)

Message 15 of 17 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2538 posts

Dec 16, 2012
Yeah his combos aren't that good. He is very opportunistic. You have to be able to capitalize with key moves when 25% of your moves are situational. I think that's why he has an excellent level 1 and why he can come off as spammy
Message 16 of 17 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Dec 16, 2012
@RaiXku I personally disagree with most of that, I think his level 1 is ok it can be dodged easily if you know it's coming. I get the whole thing about it not being stopped often (and I say often because I have seen it, and had it canceled on me, but admit you have to be right next to him and very lucky to do it). He doesn't have to be spammed people just do it he is a fast hit and run character, and you have to take advantage of his stealth (just like the Sly games). A nerf to his level 1 could only be the start up time, and that could make it less effective to the point where using it may not be worth it much any more (for me it's a no on the nerf. He is like Ratchet his level 1 is his go to so you gotta watch out for it, his level 2 is ok just like Ratchet, and both have level 3s that can be great or horrible). He should not have a teleport penalty it's his dodge (and its slower than a roll). If his counter gets a penalty every other character with one should as well, I see Dante, Raiden, and Heihachi abuse there counters just as much, it's not fair to punish just him for that.
Message 17 of 17 (59 Views)
0 Likes