Dec 16 2012
By: krusher10 Uncharted Territory 1609 posts

Sly is still op.

16 replies 271 views Edited Dec 16, 2012

Now im not the complainer type and frankly i havent seen squat about anyone complaining about sly. He has a teleport,parry and invisibility. His invisiblity should be take away ap little by little,now last time i said this people said then guarding should lose ap but in invisibility u can use a super but u cant while blocking. what are your thoughts?

Message 1 of 17 (271 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Re: Sly is still op.

Dec 16, 2012
He can't block or dodge. Being invisible is useless after a while anyway since the camera pans out to his position on screen so players always know where he is if they actually pay attention. Especially in 1vs1.

It's just a transparency filter, not even proper invisibility and since he can't block or dodge you can pressure him all day and he has a hard time escaping.

You can easily dodge his super anyway and he doesn't have as many practicle ways to combo into it. I don't even play Sly and I think he's actually pretty bad whenever I've fought them in FFA or 1vs1, players only complain about him when they don't pay attention to where he is which is his whole playstyle but at the cost of not being able to block or dodge attacks or supers.

Even his parry can be baited for him to time it wrongly just like Raidens or Dantes and of course it leaves him open for a throw.
Message 2 of 17 (258 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Dec 16, 2012
NO
Message 3 of 17 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1603 posts

Dec 16, 2012

CalDW19940 wrote:
He can't block or dodge. Being invisible is useless after a while anyway since the camera pans out to his position on screen so players always know where he is if they actually pay attention. Especially in 1vs1.

It's just a transparency filter, not even proper invisibility and since he can't block or dodge you can pressure him all day and he has a hard time escaping.

You can easily dodge his super anyway and he doesn't have as many practicle ways to combo into it. I don't even play Sly and I think he's actually pretty bad whenever I've fought them in FFA or 1vs1, players only complain about him when they don't pay attention to where he is which is his whole playstyle but at the cost of not being able to block or dodge attacks or supers.

Even his parry can be baited for him to time it wrongly just like Raidens or Dantes and of course it leaves him open for a throw.

He has a dodge, up triangle.  His "invisability" is great for FFA and supers since people wont focus on him and the camera isn't usually as focused. His level one is un-cancelable making it easy to get kills.  

Message 4 of 17 (223 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Dec 16, 2012
@King_Cobra97 lol sorry for the spelling fail :L

His up triangle is not as viable as a roll and has longer recovery and statup time so no it's not a dodge. Even in FFA people paying attention to him or spamming in his direction is a constant pain for him since once again he can't block or dodge it.

His super may be unstoppable but that's the make up for the fact he can't dodge them himself and even then you can easy dodge out the way of it and punish him for just randomly throwing it out.
Message 5 of 17 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1603 posts

Dec 16, 2012

CalDW19940 wrote:
@King_Cobra97 lol sorry for the spelling fail :L

His up triangle is not as viable as a roll and has longer recovery and statup time so no it's not a dodge. Even in FFA people paying attention to him or spamming in his direction is a constant pain for him since once again he can't block or dodge it.

His super may be unstoppable but that's the make up for the fact he can't dodge them himself and even then you can easy dodge out the way of it and punish him for just randomly throwing it out.

I'm not sure if that's true but never the less it is still viable, you seem to be saying that it is useless.

People don't pay to much attention to him because of "invisibility".

Your counting on a Sly to randomly throw it out? So that's inferring he's a bad player. A good Sly would wait till you start a move that will connect and throw it out guaranteeing a kill.

Message 6 of 17 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2538 posts

Dec 16, 2012
I've had my level one interrupted countless times where I didn't even get Murray to come out. People need to stop saying it's unstoppable. It's fast as greased lightning. Not uninterruptable. Not to mention he only has 3 ways to combo into a super, 2 of which are VERY situational (counter into level 1, and mine into level one), the other being his alarm clock which is pretty easy to avoid (plus Murray trips immediately if you don't time it right)

I used to say he was OP because of his spammable counter. But then I fought some actual good players who jacked me up trying that tactic. If good players can beat him so easily, how is he overpowered? Maybe every Sly you have played so far has been a better player than you? (No offense, but it's possible)
Message 7 of 17 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1603 posts

Dec 16, 2012

TrashCrap wrote:
I've had my level one interrupted countless times where I didn't even get Murray to come out. People need to stop saying it's unstoppable. It's fast as greased lightning. Not uninterruptable. Not to mention he only has 3 ways to combo into a super, 2 of which are VERY situational (counter into level 1, and mine into level one), the other being his alarm clock which is pretty easy to avoid (plus Murray trips immediately if you don't time it right)

I used to say he was OP because of his spammable counter. But then I fought some actual good players who jacked me up trying that tactic. If good players can beat him so easily, how is he overpowered? Maybe every Sly you have played so far has been a better player than you? (No offense, but it's possible)

Well I've had my level one uninterrupted countless times and I've tested it with two controllers in practise mode and my friend has.  

Message 8 of 17 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2538 posts

Dec 16, 2012
Good job at being lucky. It can be interrupted. I promise
Message 9 of 17 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1736 posts

Dec 16, 2012

Can someone tell me what Sly game he was able to turn into a ball of electricity and leave a static trail behind him? I think Superbot pulled that out of their **bleep** as an excuse to give Sly a rediculously high AP gain attack. I haven't played Sly games for a while, but I don't remember him having an attack like that

Message 10 of 17 (141 Views)
0 Likes