Survivor
2858 posts

Re: Sly is no fair at all...

Jul 31, 2012

boboMELOSHE wrote:

pscoolman wrote:

U can be good but u need to get the feel of them before u can be amazing and 3 months isn't compared to 2 and 12 years of playing with a character

I think ur missing my point here man

Lol yeah he is.  His logic makes no sense at all.  Let him go on believing it though.Smiley Wink

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 71 of 89 (120 Views)
Survivor
2388 posts

Jul 31, 2012

KingDustero wrote:

boboMELOSHE wrote:

pscoolman wrote:

U can be good but u need to get the feel of them before u can be amazing and 3 months isn't compared to 2 and 12 years of playing with a character

Lol yeah he is.  His logic makes no sense at all.  Let him go on believing it though.Smiley Wink

hahaha exactly

Message 72 of 89 (116 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1160 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 31, 2012

boboMELOSHE wrote:

KingDustero wrote:

boboMELOSHE wrote:

pscoolman wrote:

hahaha exactly

Let's put it this way u can be good at a character, or any game, if u play it enough.  Even an overpowered Sly u'll be able to beat him

Message 73 of 89 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
56 posts

Jul 31, 2012
Sly isnt overpowered he has many disadvantages.

He cant block so he cant avoid supers that way

Kratos can grab on to him from a distance before he can even attack

If you use a level 2 against a played like kratos with a vertical super, you can easily be killed before you get any kills.

The level 1 isnt as easy as you think. You have to wait for the right moment in order to get alot of kills. It is also misses often.

You also dont gain AP quickly unless you use sly to his full capacity.

There are many characters that have advantages to sly they just arent being used correctly.

People need to actually get good at the game before complaining about characters being overpowered.
Message 74 of 89 (82 Views)
Gaming Beast
1823 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 31, 2012

For the most part I try to pay attention for trends. When I notice a trend going on, I go after that guy. I did that when it was Radec spammers and now I'm constantly going after Sly. He's not that special if you're looking for him (like the Spy class in TF2).

Some day seasoned veterans will know all his tricks. I kind of doubt he'd be any good in 1v1 where cunning and misdirection aren't as effective.

I like to make PSASBR move-sets. Here's a few:

Dart.jpg Daedalus.png Selvaria.jpg Alicia.png Dante.png Ellen.jpg

Never say I don't contribute: I'm The Idea Man.

Community Move-Set for Specter. Help build it.

Message 75 of 89 (78 Views)
Wastelander
745 posts

Jul 31, 2012

xTao wrote:

He cant block so he cant avoid supers that way

Kratos can grab on to him from a distance before he can even attack

If you use a level 2 against a played like kratos with a vertical super, you can easily be killed before you get any kills.

The level 1 isnt as easy as you think. You have to wait for the right moment in order to get alot of kills. It is also misses often.

You also dont gain AP quickly unless you use sly to his full capacity.

There are many characters that have advantages to sly they just arent being used correctly.

People need to actually get good at the game before complaining about characters being overpowered.

You described it perfectly.

LUDICROUS_BANANA STRIKES AGAIN!

Fadi is the greatest sig creator within 1 mile
Message 76 of 89 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Jul 31, 2012
xTao, you're spot-on. I think the only discrepancy I have is that you can't block Supers regardless, so your specific description of his blocking flaw isn't really fair. But he still can't block anything, so it's not really a moot point.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 77 of 89 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Jul 31, 2012
I dont know if you are aware that if you block and roll you can dodge a super. Since Sly cant block, he cant roll.
Message 78 of 89 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Jul 31, 2012

xTao wrote:
I dont know if you are aware that if you block and roll you can dodge a super. Since Sly cant block, he cant roll.

He can teleport

Message 79 of 89 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jul 31, 2012

xTao wrote:

1. He cant block so he cant avoid supers that way

2. Kratos can grab on to him from a distance before he can even attack

3. If you use a level 2 against a played like kratos with a vertical super, you can easily be killed before you get any kills.

4. The level 1 isnt as easy as you think. You have to wait for the right moment in order to get alot of kills. It is also misses often.

5. You also dont gain AP quickly unless you use sly to his full capacity.

6. There are many characters that have advantages to sly they just arent being used correctly.

7. People need to actually get good at the game before complaining about characters being overpowered.

1. I NEVER block, and I still avoid supers.  He doesn't NEED block anyway, he goes invisible so you can just hide on one low or high part of the map and go invisible avoid most level 3 supers. 

2. Yeah, that's one hit though, slys combos seem to have priority over kratos's

3. Odds of that happening are low, especailly when sly can get supers quicker than everyone else... plus all you have to do is fly over kratos really fast and done... you can avoid his level 2 super easily....plus no kratos will want to use a level 2 super on one guy....

4. It is as easy as I think because I've done it before, I've watched people do it hundreds of times before and if ti's not so easy, don't worry because he can just keep spamming it the whole match.

5. Same can be said about all characters, but he gains AP the fastest by far

6. or you could just admit he's OP.  You really think that absolutely everyone in the game "just doesn't know how to beat him" or he's OP?  Hmm....

7. We are. 

Message 80 of 89 (49 Views)
0 Likes