Fender Bender
3659 posts

Re: Sly cooper's Level 1 is Overpowered

Jan 12, 2013

I agree, however a Sly player is easy to dodge sometimes, but lets say for example you are in FFA, a Sly gains his level 1. You dodge it but the other two people are just not focusing on Sly. So even if you are a skilled player SLy just got 2 free kills.

I think I described this terribly.

Message 21 of 33 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
293 posts

Jan 12, 2013
I get what your saying that's y I don't play ffa. I'm gonna go with the posters who said level 3 is way worse than 1. I dodge level ones all day... Especially in 1v1.. But level 3 is ridiculous.
Message 22 of 33 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
587 posts

Jan 12, 2013

RaiXku wrote:

I'd say do one of two things to make this level 1 balanced. Either

- Make it easier to cancel and give it a little more startup time (It would still be able to be activated while invisible)

This wouldn't cripple his level 1 too much as it would still have the advantages of being able to be used while invisible and it still has that insane hitbox. 

- Make it so Sly can't use it while invisble (Current startup time and still hard to cancel)

This would make it still almost imposible to stop from happening and still quick, but the fact a Sly would have to go visible to activate it, makes it far more obvious when he is going to use it. This would also mean dodging it would be much easier.

If anything were to happen to his level 1 it should be one of those, not both. Got it, SB? 

The first one would work great. The second one, not so much. All a Sly would have to do is let go of L1 and press R2 in quick succession. It would still pretty much be just as bad as if he were invisible.

Message 23 of 33 (227 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5848 posts

Jan 31, 2013

Is Sly's level one overpowered? Yes. does this need to change, in other words be nerfed? No, the simple fact is that sly isn't like most charecters. His combos are almost non-existant, therefore most players rely on forward triangle to gain AP, and due to the fact that many people online just block sly and attack, the players are pressured into using their level one, instead of saving up until level three. Therefor the level one should be reliable. I main dante and evil cole, so don't say that I'm a spammer that just doesn't want his attacks to get nerfed, although I do occasionally use sly, just for the invisibility.

I know that I know not
Message 24 of 33 (174 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
386 posts

Jan 31, 2013

Sly is overpowered as hell but if you take his lvl 1 away from him he will only rely on his lvl 3, because his lvl 2 is slow as **bleep** and it can only get 1 kills or 2 at best

Message 25 of 33 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2138 posts

Jan 31, 2013
Is Sly's level one overpowered? Yes. does this need to change, in other words be nerfed? No, the simple fact is that sly isn't like most charecters. His combos are almost non-existant, therefore most players rely on forward triangle to gain AP, and due to the fact that many people online just block sly and attack, the players are pressured into using their level one, instead of saving up until level three. Therefor the level one should be reliable. I main dante and evil cole, so don't say that I'm a spammer that just doesn't want his attacks to get nerfed, although I do occasionally use sly, just for the invisibility.

For the record mentioning Evil Cole as one of your mains then saying "so don't say I'm a spammer" is almost equivalent to trying to look in two directions at once.
Message 26 of 33 (156 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Feb 1, 2013

I think just like Fat Princess the hitbox should only be in the direction there going, not behind. So I main Sly and was fighting and the person rolled as I used Murray and got behind me and still got killed? And I noticed as a couple of times whenever I would summon Murray he would trip out of nowhere? But I agree of decreasing  Murrays distance. 

Message 27 of 33 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
281 posts

Feb 1, 2013

I don't understand SB, they make a level one that good, but then completely **bleep** on Sweet Tooths, level one.

Message 28 of 33 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1661 posts

Feb 1, 2013

Harutoa wrote:

I don't understand SB, they make a level one that good, but then completely **bleep** on Sweet Tooths, level one.

Sweet Tooth has a good level one and doesn't cost much AP. His level 3 is also a beast. Folk have issue with Sly because they take there eye of the ball and don't see him. He doesn't need a nerf at all.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 29 of 33 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1174 posts

Feb 1, 2013

It's funny, cause everytime I abuse my infinite mic grab with slys (even after I've gotten lvl 3) no one hits me.

Skill, Coordination, and Experience will lead a team to victory.
Message 30 of 33 (94 Views)
0 Likes