Treasure Hunter
5105 posts

Re: Sly Cooper needs a revamp next update.

Mar 14, 2013

Sly really doesn't need much change.  If they nerf his electric roll then they need to buff him everywhere else across the board so in the end you are just changing the way many people play him as of now.  Why not just leave him as a sly character? 

People complaining about his invisibility should pay closer attention.  You can see dust when he moves around...if he is sitting still then you won't be able to find him without random shots.  Though in a FFA who the hell is looking around solely for Sly Cooper...oh **bleep** was he made to play like this?!?!?!?!

His level 1 is the one of the best in the game.  In a game where players have drastically unbalanced supers, he is fine here.  This is considering his level 2 sucks and his level 3 is tunnel vision.  I ONLY use his level 1 and get frustrated if it goes to level 2.  Build it just below the Super 2 line and you have a good chance at wiping everyone on the map.  I love when players gang up in one area because that is my time to shine with 2-3 easy kills.

I got hooked on Sly when I saw a player end up 1v1ing me in a FFA Stock match.  He was a master with the teleportation (something I am now good at).  This is the sole reason I started using him.  There are players out there who have mastered his parry...something I have yet to learn as I never use it. 

PSN: MR:GREEN_____
Message 51 of 70 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
595 posts

Mar 14, 2013

neilp4453 wrote:

Sly really doesn't need much change.  If they nerf his electric roll then they need to buff him everywhere else across the board so in the end you are just changing the way many people play him as of now.  Why not just leave him as a sly character? 

People complaining about his invisibility should pay closer attention.  You can see dust when he moves around...if he is sitting still then you won't be able to find him without random shots.  Though in a FFA who the hell is looking around solely for Sly Cooper...oh **bleep** was he made to play like this?!?!?!?!

His level 1 is the one of the best in the game.  In a game where players have drastically unbalanced supers, he is fine here.  This is considering his level 2 sucks and his level 3 is tunnel vision.  I ONLY use his level 1 and get frustrated if it goes to level 2.  Build it just below the Super 2 line and you have a good chance at wiping everyone on the map.  I love when players gang up in one area because that is my time to shine with 2-3 easy kills.

I got hooked on Sly when I saw a player end up 1v1ing me in a FFA Stock match.  He was a master with the teleportation (something I am now good at).  This is the sole reason I started using him.  There are players out there who have mastered his parry...something I have yet to learn as I never use it. 

I'm liking this idea.

Though I would perfer it stay the same and just revamp him.

Message 52 of 70 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2538 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 14, 2013

neilp4453 wrote:

There are players out there who have mastered his parry...something I have yet to learn as I never use it. 

This statement right here is what just made me decide that his parry needs more recovery time (Edit: Re-decide. I've flip flopped on this before).  It's not hard to be good with his parry, and the way I use it, it wouldn't matter about his recovery time. I'm a Sly main and I don't understand what there is to learn about his parry. Most people do spam it. While I think spamming it is a bad move that leaves you wide open to grabs and supers, it is pretty accessible compared to other parries. I wouldn't call anyone a "master" at Sly's parry. More like someone who knows Sly has a parry.

Edit2: And the way it is, his electric roll gives him the highest AP gain for the littlest amount of work. Some people say that is bad, but what that does is make his electric roll his bread and butter. This makes him predictable. You know what Sly is going to do because it's his best attack. It sets his meta game and allows people to form strategies. If you nerf his electric roll, and buff his other moves, his meta game will be so hard to figure out that he will be even more annoying and probably OP. Either leave him alone, or adjust the AP gain on his electric roll. In the end, I feel like its pointless to change him, since his level 1 seems to be tweaked (to me at least).

Message 53 of 70 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5105 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 14, 2013

TrashCrap wrote:

neilp4453 wrote:

There are players out there who have mastered his parry...something I have yet to learn as I never use it. 

This statement right here is what just made me decide that his parry needs more recovery time (Edit: Re-decide. I've flip flopped on this before).  It's not hard to be good with his parry, and the way I use it, it wouldn't matter about his recovery time. I'm a Sly main and I don't understand what there is to learn about his parry. Most people do spam it. While I think spamming it is a bad move that leaves you wide open to grabs and supers, it is pretty accessible compared to other parries. I wouldn't call anyone a "master" at Sly's parry. More like someone who knows Sly has a parry.

Well Nariko has something similar which I've never seen anyone use so I assume it sucks.  I'm not sure if the allocated time to get hit is different but I've seen people do pretty well with Sly's version.

I've seen people who just stand there and parry THE WHOLE MATCH.  Takes dedication but they rarely seem to miss so I just assume they are good with it.

It is on my to do list but I'm alright with Sly as it is so I've never bothered to use it.

His electric roll is very predictable but it is also pretty powerful and difficult to get away from it.  In fact, I generally fail with it if I completely miss.  Couple teleporation and it takes out a lot of the predictablility.  This is basically how I play him along with laying mines whenever possible.  I enjoy Sly as he is right now and I def. don't want to see nerfing of his roll at all.

PSN: MR:GREEN_____
Message 54 of 70 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

Mar 14, 2013

Sly's parry + projectiles = nasty combination

I can be clear on the other side of the map, and he just pops up from behind me and surprise AP rapes me. I feel so violated ;~;

As for Nariko's parry, it is good, it just offers inadequate hitstun; better for projectiles in all honesty.

#HeavenlySwords
Message 55 of 70 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
457 posts

Mar 15, 2013
We can only hope he doesn't get over nerfed because people would rather complain than adapt
Message 56 of 70 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
595 posts

Mar 15, 2013

Noobish-Hero wrote:
We can only hope he doesn't get over nerfed because people would rather complain than adapt

I'm hoping for no nerfs and all buffs. Wishful thinking~

Message 57 of 70 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
595 posts

Mar 15, 2013

Bump~

Message 58 of 70 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2538 posts

Mar 15, 2013

Well he got a nerf to his counter and his level 1. I hope everyone can stop complaining about him now.

They probably won't though. I think a lot of people still want his side triangle nerfed.

Message 59 of 70 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
457 posts

Mar 15, 2013
They nerfed his only means of protection. He cant guard and they nerfed his counter too much
Message 60 of 70 (94 Views)
0 Likes