Mar 13 2013
By: PsychoticCyclone Sackboy 595 posts

Sly Cooper needs a revamp next update.

[ Edited ]
69 replies 710 views Edited Mar 13, 2013

"OMG **bleep** NO, WHAT ARE YOU HIGH?!?!?" Many may be thinking this, but in my opinion, he should get a revamp next update. The reason is because to many people complain about his counter and electric roll. Why is that, well for some it's because they want to be little spammers for an easy super, but for me it's because he has no combos (I don't spam with Sly).

I would like some new attacks added on or improve his current attacks, for example:

1.) Add a third hit on his N. square so it actually sends people flying away.

2.) His N. square hit more up instead of sweeping the floor.

3.) His foward square knocks someone down (like Rachets sniper) so Sly can at least use his uppercut attack.

4.) N. Triangle, the clock starts to stun the minute its released, not only when it touched the floor.

5.) His N. Triangle in the air come out faster.

6.) D. Triangle hits anything in it's path instead of passing everything until it hits the floor or wall.

7.) His paraglider moves faster left and right plus keeps him in the air longer.

8.) More visibility on your screen when he goes invisible.

9.) Longer duration on his D triangle on ground and air.

10,) The electricity after his F circle should stun like any other electric attack (both air and ground slides)

All his supers are fine by me so I'm not going to touch on them.

Edit: removed profanity

U--J

Message 1 of 70 (710 Views)
Wastelander
573 posts

Re: Sly Cooper needs a revamp next update.

Mar 13, 2013
He's fine IMO. His normal square is like this for a reason, it steals AP. When you're behind an enemy, it takes AP. That and his invisibility is fine. It's a give and take, you can't be seen by your opponent, and you need to pay attention to where you are and your opponents are. Also, his counter and roll spamming aren't what make him OP, he's a great character on his own. He's sneaky and is made to trip up your opponents when you're up close and personal.
 photo 4ea25363-6969-4d43-97fa-d3b44926e8da_zpsed248ee0.gif
Message 2 of 70 (704 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
426 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 13, 2013

1.) It's not true to his game

2.) It's not true to his game

3.) It's fine the way it is. It comes out super fast already.

4.) It's not true to his game (I think). Iirc, the alarm clock only went off in Sly 2 when it touched the ground.

5.) I guess this could work

6.) It's fine the way it is

7.) And make his glide better than other characters' (Ratchet, Cole, etc.) glides? The paraglider doesn't even have much control in the Sly games in the first place.

8.) No

9.) It's fine the way it is

10,) It's fine the way it is. It's actually already too safe of a move and making it better is a big no-no.

And his supers are fine except for his Lv1 (though his Lv2 could have a slight time increase)

Sly's already OP enough, and all this buffs could make his even more OP.

photo rikusig3-5_zps039d509a.jpg
Message 3 of 70 (701 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
579 posts

Mar 13, 2013
Sly is the last that needs a buff.
PSN: SlyZoneCooper
Mains: Big Daddy, Sweet Tooth
Learning: Ratchet, Sir Daniel
Message 4 of 70 (698 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1808 posts

Mar 13, 2013

Sly need to be scrapped and remade, he was poorly design, and I could write a whole list of flaws.

Message 5 of 70 (676 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
595 posts

Mar 13, 2013

KiDMachTwo wrote:
Sly is the last that needs a buff.

I would say one of the last to get a buff, not the last, but a buff nonetheless.

Message 6 of 70 (667 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
847 posts

Mar 13, 2013

Sly NEED some buff, obviously i ask for this because i main him, :/

I lol'd here, i play against two friends ofline and i win then all the time with any character i choose and they choose, except when one of then gets sly, he just use lv1 everytime its ready and at end they get like double my lvl 3, his lv1 is like dante lv2 without the cooldown and delay to start up(right, dante lvl2 have a better range, useless on most the stages).

Message 7 of 70 (658 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
595 posts

Mar 13, 2013

Ragna357 wrote:

1.) It's not true to his game

2.) It's not true to his game

3.) It's fine the way it is. It comes out super fast already.

4.) It's not true to his game (I think). Iirc, the alarm clock only went off in Sly 2 when it touched the ground.

5.) I guess this could work

6.) It's fine the way it is

7.) And make his glide better than other characters' (Ratchet, Cole, etc.) glides? The paraglider doesn't even have much control in the Sly games in the first place.

8.) No

9.) It's fine the way it is

10,) It's fine the way it is. It's actually already too safe of a move and making it better is a big no-no.

And his supers are fine except for his Lv1 (though his Lv2 could have a slight time increase)

Sly's already OP enough, and all this buffs could make his even more OP.

1,2,4.) If they kept eveything from everyones game, everyone would be much better then they are now. I'm trying to make Sly a bit more of a fighter.

3.) No it's really not, it comes out fast, but thats it. There's no point to that move, as it stands.

5.) Yup

6.) That's why nobody uses it right?

7.) In the newest one, you glide faster and have more control over it.

8.) Yes

9.) It's really not.

10.) I don't care how safe it is, the fact it's an electric move without causing the electric effect is the reason why I want this revamped.

All his supers are fine and he's not OP.

Message 8 of 70 (649 Views)
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

Mar 13, 2013
How to play as Sly

Stay invisible
Be cheap
Super
???
Win

That is the Sly formula and it sucks.
Message 9 of 70 (643 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Mar 13, 2013

Sly isn't that hard to find because first off if you're in levels with a certain lighting, he's a little visible, second even if you aren't in those stages Sly emmits smoke when he jumps, lands and begins moving so just look for that.

Message 10 of 70 (637 Views)
0 Likes