Dec 04 2012
By: ghost_nappa4 I Only Post Everything 1104 posts

Situational doesn't mean overpowered PART 1

9 replies 252 views Edited Dec 4, 2012

This is mainly about the completely overdone Sackboy nerf(sackboy is my main). Yes the Cakinator needed a nerf and I understand raising the level 3 but at the same time Sackboy has the worst lvl 1 in the game. With the patch it will cost the same as Ratchets or Slys. It should cost the same as Sweet Tooths. Also nerfing the ball was way too much it should be at least the same as the cakinator. On top of this Kratos is still OP

This is relevant to my inetrest
Message 1 of 10 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
387 posts

Re: Situational doesn't mean overpowered PART 1

Dec 4, 2012
Vegeta... I'm haunting you! Haha
When in doubt, freak 'em out.
Message 2 of 10 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4134 posts

Dec 4, 2012
Honestly would people just stop ****ing about it. until they play the patch.

I agree his 1 was fine, but his 2 and 3 did need a nerf, and they are nerfing 2 of his 20 some skills... big wop. Their promoting more comboing. It's sad to see you can win a match using 3 moves.
-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 3 of 10 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Dec 4, 2012

It's not really promoting comboing though. Sackboy just doesn't have a lot of combos. I mean even his combo tutorial has to stretch it a bit.

People need to get over the whole "spammy" thing and realize this isn't a game full of combo characters and that's okay. Part of the fun of the game is that you have to learn how to adapt to all sorts of characters.

I mean I play against my friends a lot and one of them mains Sackboy. I can now take on online Sackboys with Sir Dan, which seemed impossible in the beginning. Sir Dan, or anyone, can't fight Raiden the same way they fight Sweet Tooth or Sackboy or Big Daddy. 

People need to stop complaining about characters playstyles and start learning how to adapt. 

I also feel like this nerf was pretty much pointless. I mostly hear people complain about his playstyle, not his AP gain. This nerf won't change his playstyle at all. 

Message 4 of 10 (223 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

Dec 4, 2012
I actually think they should have lowered his lvl 1.
This is relevant to my inetrest
Message 5 of 10 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2457 posts

Dec 4, 2012
His level 1 is a pretty standard level 1 imo.
Message 6 of 10 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Dec 4, 2012

Zunja wrote:

It's not really promoting comboing though. Sackboy just doesn't have a lot of combos. I mean even his combo tutorial has to stretch it a bit.

People need to get over the whole "spammy" thing and realize this isn't a game full of combo characters and that's okay. Part of the fun of the game is that you have to learn how to adapt to all sorts of characters.

I mean I play against my friends a lot and one of them mains Sackboy. I can now take on online Sackboys with Sir Dan, which seemed impossible in the beginning. Sir Dan, or anyone, can't fight Raiden the same way they fight Sweet Tooth or Sackboy or Big Daddy. 

People need to stop complaining about characters playstyles and start learning how to adapt. 

I also feel like this nerf was pretty much pointless. I mostly hear people complain about his playstyle, not his AP gain. This nerf won't change his playstyle at all. 

Actually I feel like it's the exact opposite, people complain about his AP gain which leads to complaining about his playstyle. Because of his AP gain he can gain supers easily without having to do much which is what annoys people. Nerf his AP gain and people won't care abouth is playstyle.

Message 7 of 10 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Dec 4, 2012

ghost_nappa4 wrote:

This is mainly about the completely overdone Sackboy nerf(sackboy is my main). Yes the Cakinator needed a nerf and I understand raising the level 3 but at the same time Sackboy has the worst lvl 1 in the game. With the patch it will cost the same as Ratchets or Slys. It should cost the same as Sweet Tooths. Also nerfing the ball was way too much it should be at least the same as the cakinator. On top of this Kratos is still OP

Ok, stop. There's nothing particularly wrong with Sack's Level 1, it's not great but it's serviceable, much like PaRappa's level 1 "diagonol shotgun kick" as I can't stop calling it. It's not meant to hit people directly, it's for airborne targets. (Such as Jak closing his distance on you with his Jet-board)
That being said, it can be really useful in team matches when your teammate sends an enemy your way. Simply wait for them to air recover then claim the kill.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 8 of 10 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Dec 4, 2012
Sackboys level one is pretty great for him, it is very easily combo into his shock pad, less so with square x 2.

I feel his level 2 was fine (eh maybe they did right to up the AP for his 2.)

Finally he does have the best level 3 in the game so upping the AP was a no brainer.

I do feel like his nerfed jam session is a bit (keep it at 15-20, prefer 20 tho.) but again I haven't played the patch yet sooooo who knows???
Message 9 of 10 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Dec 4, 2012

cobbys2012ps wrote:
Vegeta... I'm haunting you! Haha

"I'm making a movie about a guy who was killed by his best friend"

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 10 of 10 (95 Views)
0 Likes