Lombax Warrior
178 posts

Re: Sir Dans lvl 2 change seems like a nerf

[ Edited ]
Mar 16, 2013

I read this differently than the OP did; I assumed that when it said "the spirits don't explode" it meant that when the orbs kill an opponent they just keep going until they hit a wall/time out.

But we won't know until the 19th. So how about some patience?

Message 21 of 29 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

Mar 16, 2013

SniperWolf323 wrote:

fabsta1994 wrote:

SniperWolf323 wrote:

this is total bs, i KNOW for a fact that superbot has NEVER made a fighting game before, they don't klnow how to balance, they dont make him faster, dont change his ap gain to reflect his slowness and they nerf his level 2, when it was complete crap to begin with. What the hell is wrong with them

Sniper. His AP gain is fine. You're just mad about his attack speed. I do agree about the Level 2 though, what they did was dumb.

his ap gain is NOT FINE, go to practise and write down the ap gain for all his moves/combos, and then do the same thing for any other charatcer and you will see a very big imbalance, ie every characters moves/combos nets them 20-150 ap(combos). BUut all of sir dans moves are less than 20-5 ap but his sword moves are 40 ap for the up square one ONLY and you only have one combo into that, so NO his ap is garbage get it through your head, if you dont play as sir dan than you have no right to sit there and say yea sir dan is fine blah blah, you never played him shut it

Mate, I suggest you stick your tongue in a bear trap if you ever question my knowledge on him again.

His moves when chained together and used properly net him a large amount of AP. There's even a few AP bursts you can pull off with him as well as stated by a few other pro Sir Dan players. The fact that it now takes less AP to get his other supers enhances the speed in building his metre.

When it comes to metre building, never one-off his attacks. That's stupid unless it's completely necessary. If you're going to use his Axe, hand, or drumstick you better have a combo to follow up with and at least a back up plan to follow in acse the combo starter fails. There's also his shield which not only absorbs the AP from projectiles but from attacks as well. Another good metre building strategy when playing defensively. Anyone who's good with Sir Daniel understands his AP gain is solid despite his "slow attacks" which is really all you're complaining about. All you're doing is trying to add fake weight to an already established point by adding false claims about his AP gain.

Lastly, I doubt you're a very patient fighter seeing as you blow your top at the slightset reply. So I'll give you a piece of advice: If you think you can just power-through with Dan you're playing him wrong. Simple as that. Learn to think, because I'm tired of hearing you shouting like an angry little Kratos. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 22 of 29 (173 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
76 posts

Mar 16, 2013

You know, I'm looking at the patch notes, and here's how I'm reading it.

As any Sir Dan player knows, when Dan brings out the chalice, six souls shoot out of it. The notes specifically state the the homing souls have a delayed reaction, but what about the other souls. The remaining three to five souls that come out of the chalice are special in that, while they don't home, they can plow through thick platforms and other players. I believe that these souls will be left alone.

In the current build, it was like each soul was assigned to a specific player. Let's say a soul for Kratos, a soul for Jak, and a soul for PaRappa. If Sir Dan were to activate the level two directly under Jak, it's actually a decent sized gamble. He can either be hit by one of the three plowing souls, his own soul, or either Kratos or PaRappa's soul. If Jack gets hit by one of the latter, it's basically give Kratos or PaRappa a free pass.

This modification to the move ensures that if Sir Dan were to activate the super directly under Jak, he'd most likely hit him with one of the plowing souls and not be in the way of Kratos and PaRappa's souls. That's how I'm reading it.

Though I still think the light that shines out of the chalice should score kills. Ah well, this is fine enough.

Photobucket
Message 23 of 29 (148 Views)
Splicer
47 posts

Mar 16, 2013
I think a nice enough buff for his level 3 would've been where when it ends, anyone in the radius around Dan dies, regardless of how long they've been in the field. Frustrating when you've got them in the field but then the timer runs out so it doesn't kill them.
Message 24 of 29 (145 Views)
Fender Bender
4120 posts

Mar 16, 2013
You. Are. A. F*cking. GENIUS
Message 25 of 29 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

Mar 16, 2013

Zenuous wrote:
I think a nice enough buff for his level 3 would've been where when it ends, anyone in the radius around Dan dies, regardless of how long they've been in the field. Frustrating when you've got them in the field but then the timer runs out so it doesn't kill them.

BRILLIANT!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 26 of 29 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Mar 16, 2013

How can they not changed his level 3? The glitch really need to be fixed and the duration of the supers needs to be extended.

Message 27 of 29 (101 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
949 posts

Mar 16, 2013

fabsta1994 wrote:

SniperWolf323 wrote:

fabsta1994 wrote:

SniperWolf323 wrote:

this is total bs, i KNOW for a fact that superbot has NEVER made a fighting game before, they don't klnow how to balance, they dont make him faster, dont change his ap gain to reflect his slowness and they nerf his level 2, when it was complete crap to begin with. What the hell is wrong with them

Sniper. His AP gain is fine. You're just mad about his attack speed. I do agree about the Level 2 though, what they did was dumb.

his ap gain is NOT FINE, go to practise and write down the ap gain for all his moves/combos, and then do the same thing for any other charatcer and you will see a very big imbalance, ie every characters moves/combos nets them 20-150 ap(combos). BUut all of sir dans moves are less than 20-5 ap but his sword moves are 40 ap for the up square one ONLY and you only have one combo into that, so NO his ap is garbage get it through your head, if you dont play as sir dan than you have no right to sit there and say yea sir dan is fine blah blah, you never played him shut it

Mate, I suggest you stick your tongue in a bear trap if you ever question my knowledge on him again.

His moves when chained together and used properly net him a large amount of AP. There's even a few AP bursts you can pull off with him as well as stated by a few other pro Sir Dan players. The fact that it now takes less AP to get his other supers enhances the speed in building his metre.

When it comes to metre building, never one-off his attacks. That's stupid unless it's completely necessary. If you're going to use his Axe, hand, or drumstick you better have a combo to follow up with and at least a back up plan to follow in acse the combo starter fails. There's also his shield which not only absorbs the AP from projectiles but from attacks as well. Another good metre building strategy when playing defensively. Anyone who's good with Sir Daniel understands his AP gain is solid despite his "slow attacks" which is really all you're complaining about. All you're doing is trying to add fake weight to an already established point by adding false claims about his AP gain.

Lastly, I doubt you're a very patient fighter seeing as you blow your top at the slightset reply. So I'll give you a piece of advice: If you think you can just power-through with Dan you're playing him wrong. Simple as that. Learn to think, because I'm tired of hearing you shouting like an angry little Kratos. 

yea i know, but if you guys read, i said he is too slow. Any character can counter any one of sir dans attacks easy, it doesnt matter if you have to think or predict moves, or follow up with a combo with the hand or axe, which THERE ISNT ANY IF YOU HAVENT NOTICED, and im not mad, stop assuming im mad and "yelling" i put important things in caps so you people can READ IT. And every other character in this game doesnt require the amount of thinking and pre-determining that sir dan does, if he required as much as any other character, there would be more sir dan players. and like i said before list the ap gain of each one of his attacks and do the same for any other character, and you will see that sir dan has terrible ap gain. And if you people sit there and say that OHH sir dan is a good character, you jsut have to learn him, why is there so very very little sir dan players out there hmm? because he is garbage, and seriously all he needs is to be a tiny bit faster and not have such a big delay to all his moves OR keep him the same speed and change his ap gain to reflect that, but they need to adjust the ap gain for all the characters anyways

Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Message 28 of 29 (99 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
949 posts

Mar 16, 2013

fabsta1994 wrote:

Zenuous wrote:

BRILLIANT!

yea this is a really really good idea

Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Message 29 of 29 (98 Views)
0 Likes