Reply
Nov 05 2012
By: TweetyPurd Sackboy 478 posts
Offline

Sir Daniels Shield

32 replies 1059 views Edited Nov 5, 2012

Hey, i was wondering if anyone knows of a downside to having sir daniels shield equipped?
as far as i can see, it makes some moves stronger, and protects against projectiles
so why wouldnt you have it equipped?

Message 1 of 33 (1,059 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 09/19/2012
Offline
1517 posts
 

Re: Sir Daniels Shield

Nov 5, 2012
I don't think there is a downside I think people just don't use it in the videos because they're bad at the game

Message 2 of 33 (1,050 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 07/08/2012
Offline
781 posts
 

Re: Sir Daniels Shield

Nov 5, 2012

Not sure but i think it may slow him down, but that may be wrong, you are right though, it would only make sense to have a drawback or he may as well always have it equipped.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official Paramedic of the PSAS Forums bunker.
Message 3 of 33 (1,049 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 07/27/2012
Offline
478 posts
 

Re: Sir Daniels Shield

Nov 5, 2012

Paramedic293 wrote:

Not sure but i think it may slow him down, but that may be wrong, you are right though, it would only make sense to have a drawback or he may as well always have it equipped.


yeah see thats what i thought
you think maybe? slowing his movement and dodging speed down would make sence

Message 4 of 33 (1,040 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 11/05/2012
Offline
55 posts
 

Re: Sir Daniels Shield

[ Edited ]
Nov 5, 2012

While training, we chose Sir Daniel to see how he worked and if he was viable.

Using the shield. He builds 10 AP each time it reflects, but it will break after.. I believe five hits. It only works if your not attacking, though.

Message 5 of 33 (1,029 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 09/27/2012
Offline
561 posts
 

Re: Sir Daniels Shield

Nov 5, 2012

It is a lot like using Sweet Tooth's or Sly's land mine. Is there honestly a reason not to always have it out? No not really...The same will probably hold true for Ratchet's bot thing that follows him around and shoots people. I imagine Parappa's boombox will become essential in 1 vs 1 matches. I don't see any problem with the shield having no draw back....

Message 6 of 33 (1,027 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/28/2012
Offline
1622 posts
 

Re: Sir Daniels Shield

Nov 5, 2012
You mean Mr.Zurkon and yes you should always have him out because "Mr. Zurkon is here to kill you."
Message 7 of 33 (1,018 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/28/2012
Offline
1622 posts
 

Re: Sir Daniels Shield

Nov 5, 2012
And because for Mr. Zurkon "Killing stuff is so much fun do da do da Zurkon kills them all day long all the do da day."
Message 8 of 33 (1,009 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 09/27/2012
Offline
561 posts
 

Re: Sir Daniels Shield

[ Edited ]
Nov 5, 2012

TwistedAvenger wrote:
You mean Mr.Zurkon and yes you should always have him out because "Mr. Zurkon is here to kill you."

I've literily never played a Ratchet and Clank game and know nothing about the character...so forgive my ignorance lol

 

My argument still stands though...No reason not to have your shield out, no reason not to have "Mr. Zurkon" out, no reason not to have land mines out, etc...

Message 9 of 33 (998 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 09/19/2012
Offline
1517 posts
 

MR.ZERKON

Nov 5, 2012

BomB-RideR-14 wrote:

It is a lot like using Sweet Tooth's or Sly's land mine. Is there honestly a reason not to always have it out? No not really...The same will probably hold true for Ratchet's bot thing that follows him around and shoots people. I imagine Parappa's boombox will become essential in 1 vs 1 matches. I don't see any problem with the shield having no draw back....


YOU DON'T KNOW WHO MR ZERKON IS?


Message 10 of 33 (983 Views)
Reply
0 Likes